Is it really sick to have 20 synthesizers?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

elxsound wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:57 am
thecontrolcentre wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:43 am It's only cool if they're hardware synths ... it's dope if they're analog synths. :hihi:

I'm up to 10 (only 9 of them are analog). Yes, I'm sick.
And if all of them are pocket-operators and Volcas, they're dope!
I don't have any of those ... I'm actually up to thirteen now, if I include the Monotron Delay, Casio VL-Tone & Stylophone :party:

thecontrolcentre wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:13 am
elxsound wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:57 am
thecontrolcentre wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:43 am It's only cool if they're hardware synths ... it's dope if they're analog synths. :hihi:

I'm up to 10 (only 9 of them are analog). Yes, I'm sick.
And if all of them are pocket-operators and Volcas, they're dope!
I don't have any of those ... I'm actually up to thirteen now, if I include the Monotron Delay, Casio VL-Tone & Stylophone :party:
I received the original 3 (Rhythm, Sub & Factory) as a gift and they're fun. I bought the Speak and was planning on buying K.O. after working with my SP-12 (but still have purchased one). It's crazy how much they fit in the K.O. compared to the SP12. Dope is appropriate.

thecontrolcentre wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:13 am ..., Casio VL-Tone....
Aaaaahhh, that brings back memories as that was my first "synth" and also this little neat sequencer in it. Together with Fostex cassette porta.

It is sick sick to have 20 synthesizers, it is sick to have had 20 synthesizers.

According to the unwritten rules of human flat sound society it you have 20 and more synths you have to be hospitalized or even institutionalized :phones:

No but if you had more than 20 compressors that would be sick.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

V0RT3X wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:33 am , but seriously what about synthesizers?
Well... if you had 20 sick synthesisers then you’d need to do something about it.
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

himalaya wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:00 am
V0RT3X wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:33 am , but seriously what about synthesizers?
Well... if you had 20 sick synthesisers then you’d need to do something about it.

indeed, starting with a second mortgage :hihi:

layzer wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:44 amno
Yes

On a serious note yeah if hardware with keyboard then yes. To casual people it looks really cool, kinda like Pioneer CDJs (djs are cool). And also shows that you have money to spend in it.

If software then no since about everyone can get cracked versions. And first they ask when you say a synthesizer plugin, "a plugin what?". Wheres with synthesizer there is instant image of keyboard and fond memories of some band or artist wheather it may be Underworld, The Prodigy, Scooter ect performing "live". They were cool.

I'm one of these hard workers who buys synths to make music, not to brag about expensive objects. But to each his own :shrug:
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

himalaya wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:00 am
:hihi:

DJ Warmonger wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:35 am I'm one of these hard workers who buys synths to make music, not to brag about expensive objects. But to each his own :shrug:
:tu:

IncarnateX wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:20 am
layzer wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:44 amno
Yes
Maybe

DJ Warmonger wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:35 am I'm one of these hard workers who buys synths to make music, not to brag about expensive objects. But to each his own :shrug:
I dont think you red the question. But yes main point is to make music not to brag. But to rephrase "if you would have 20 synths would it also be something to brag about"...

DJ Warmonger wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:35 am I'm one of these hard workers who buys synths to make music, not to brag about expensive objects.
Im one of those people who doesnt humblebrag about how hard I work, my reasons for buying stuff, or not bragging. But to each his own. :wink:
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Return to “Instruments”