Hive 2 is coming!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hive 2

mrdoghead wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:59 am
Urs wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:17 pm If Hive needs a wavetable editor, we'll have to wait another year or two.
It needs a wavetable editor.

It has wavetables.

Sorry.
It has wavetables. (and Uhm) It does not need a wavetable editor. Plus you can export wavetables from the Zebra wavetable editor.

pdxindy wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:43 am
mrdoghead wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:59 am
Urs wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:17 pm If Hive needs a wavetable editor, we'll have to wait another year or two.
It needs a wavetable editor.

It has wavetables.

Sorry.
It has wavetables. (and Uhm) It does not need a wavetable editor. Plus you can export wavetables from the Zebra wavetable editor.
Hive does need an editor same way as Dune 3 most requested feature was wt editor that no one talks about anymore :lol:

:lol: or uses...

pdxindy wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:38 am :lol: or uses...
Exactly my main point :lol:

yeah, that was pretty grim, took a lot of dev time too, same as retina skins (months of reworking)

Well at least Retina skins (or to say different size skins) are actually usable for every day use. One of the main reasons i did upgraded to Dune 3 (wich is a shame, it couldve definatly been in Dune 2 already).

Elektronisch wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:24 am Well at least Retina skins (or to say different size skins) are actually usable for every day use. One of the main reasons i did upgraded to Dune 3 (wich is a shame, it couldve definatly been in Dune 2 already).
but it doesn't have a retina skin yet, its currently being worked on

anyway, thats not Hive relevant, carry on....

AnX wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:36 am
Elektronisch wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:24 am Well at least Retina skins (or to say different size skins) are actually usable for every day use. One of the main reasons i did upgraded to Dune 3 (wich is a shame, it couldve definatly been in Dune 2 already).
but it doesn't have a retina skin yet, its currently being worked on

anyway, thats not Hive relevant, carry on....
I did thought by retina (its just high resolution display with fancy naming from apple) you ment just the one that is resizable. Ah ok well good its developed, although just having different sizes (at least for me) is enough to use on 1440p monitor :) but i suppose for those with 4k resolution Huge size might not be enough :)

blutronic wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:35 pmHas the CAT project been shelved or maybe still a future project? I was really looking forward to that one. I know you guys have way to much on your plate but that is a good problem to have.
Original plan:

1. Release Repro-1
2. Add Eurorack connectivity to Repro-1 (few months)
3. Make Cat (another year?)

How it happened: Instead, people requested polyphony for Repro-1 so loudly, there was no point in 2 and 3 anymore. Hence...

1. Release Repro-1
2. Spend another year on Repro-5

Atm we do not see that the Cat will happen in the foreseeable future. It may still, but with Hive2, Zebra3 and then TLC for other products coming up... we're probably busy for another few years.

To tell you the truth after seing this video about cat, im not sure if it adds anything to the existing analogue emulations table or in general synth table...

By the way Urs, did adding Repro 5 to the Repro-1 helped increasing sales?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77s3bcjO4kU

Elektronisch wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:24 am To tell you the truth after seing this video about cat, im not sure if it adds anything to the existing analogue emulations table or in general synth table...
We have a concept for it that goes beyond the 1:1 approach of Repro.

Also, the video by Dave Spiers showcases the IMHO weakest version of the Cat, the SRM MkII. I *much* prefer the SRM (without MkII) over it. The original Cat (no SRM) was a bit erratic and sometimes dull sounding, while the SRM II is too tame and too "Moogish" sounding. The SRM sounds big.
By the way Urs, did adding Repro 5 to the Repro-1 helped increasing sales?
Yes, dramatically.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:32 pm
joris.roling wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:28 pm Where... Mr. Heckman, is your head (might I ask?) 😊
I'm sure a few of us are hoping begins with a Z and ends with an ebra3.
:lol: :tu:
Fernando (FMR)

Elektronisch wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:41 am
Well, the current color scheme (red over black) is not very inviting to me. I don't know who tested and advised about these colors, but developers should be conscious by now that this particular combination of colors has a potential to be problematic to several people.

But I'd like to know why do you say nobody uses the wavetable editor. Did you create some poll or survey that allows you to say that? Or are you just guessing?
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:43 am
Well, the current color scheme (red over black) is not very inviting to me. I don't know who tested and advised about these colors, but developers should be conscious by now that this particular combination of colors has a potential to be problematic to several people.
the dev decided on the colours

you can easily change the red to any colour you wish in the config. ini file (RGB) :wink:

fmr wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:43 am

But I'd like to know why do you say nobody uses the wavetable editor. Did you create some poll or survey that allows you to say that? Or are you just guessing?
You probably understand that saying nobody doesnt mean nobody, but well not a majority. And you are right, asumptions are without any study, but for that there is no need to do a survey, just browse the forum of D3 and look at how much people are talking about wavetable editor in comparison how much people are raving in Serum. Although that may be because Serum was the first one to include the editor. So thats where this hypothesis comes from. But i may be wrong. Personaly i did thought its a pretty cool one in Serum, but i didnt really used it as much at all.

Oh and i dont care about wavetable editor.

Return to “Instruments”