Softube's Parallels synth is out ($129)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Parallels

In Stockholm, Sweden, there’s a synth emporium like no other – a store with such vibrancy, such range, such color, that you’d need a dozen eyes and ears to take it all in. And the guy who runs it is no ordinary guy. He’s special, in all the best ways. His imagination fizzes and crackles with delight at the sounds of a million billion sparkling circuit boards.

Out of this hot-bed, this toy-box, this fantasy-factory, Parallels was born; an instrument with not one but two sound sources, each running painstakingly recorded and exquisitely calibrated multi-waveforms from every dream-machine must-have synth you could ever want, and sculpting the resulting sounds with the highest-quality Softube filters, modulators, and effects. If you’re looking for inspiration and sheer sound-quality in your music, this is your golden ticket.

https://youtu.be/EirXJqDP9HE?list=PLWpa ... XyUp-1GzaO

https://www.softube.com/index.php?id=parallels
Last edited by antic604 on Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Looks interesting but.....
Gobbler.png
No. On to the next........ :wheee:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

BTW, I don't know if they can use the brand "Parallels", just my 2 cents.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Teksonik wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:17 pm Looks interesting but.....

Gobbler.png

No. On to the next........ :wheee:
Yeah, one of the few reasons I never bought anything from them :( :cry:
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Alternatively is possible to download single installers

if it has the sound quality of their modular system than it would be intresting.
The pictures looks like they have finaly a real preset browser

sounds terrific
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Another sample based synth.

Apparently 15 second samples recorded complete with filter movements and pitch bends.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

The guy in the video demos (on their website) is clearly creaming himself with joy. Not exactly sure why.

for the billionth f**king time - you don't need to install the Gobbler app to use Softube plugins, ok.

newluc wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:58 pm Alternatively is possible to download single installers
Yes but it's no better........
Gobbler2.png
I have the iLok Manager on my studio computer but ehhh I'll pass. Too much trouble for YAVA (yet another virtual analog).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

sqigls wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:56 pm for the billionth f**king time - you don't need to install the Gobbler app to use Softube plugins, ok.
For the first time look at my post above and calm the f**k down. :roll:

It's also a 1.4gb download so obviously sample based. I'll stick with Diva and The Legend and luSH101 and.......... :tu:

"an instrument with not one but two sound sources, each running painstakingly recorded and exquisitely calibrated multi-waveforms from every dream-machine must-have synth you could ever want"

......and Syntronik and Kontakt and...... :shrug:
Last edited by Teksonik on Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Can't really watch the videos at work, but is this a sample-only synth? Possible to import wavetables? No synth sound sources?

Looks quite easy and fun based on the tutorial videos. I am not sure if it is possible to reorder the effects chain. I think this could have really shined if it had 4 sound sources and flexible routing with the effects.

The GUI feels cluttered and fiddly to me. It's aimed at simplicity and getting "that sound" fast but I did not feel that way using it, obviously I need more time with it. Some presets sound nice, but I wouldn't say groundbreaking. Sonically, it kinda takes me into logic's alchemy territory, perhaps not as good though.

Return to “Instruments”