2CAudio Precedence | 1.5 | Move Out Of Flatland. Take Precedence.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Looks like my risk analysis has come to fruition... :dog:

Do the right thing: automation. :phones:

cthonophonic wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:26 pm
jens wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:11 pm
bmanic wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:59 pm I'd be more than happy to use it with "binary" automation (jumping from one value directly to the next intended one), no real need for smoothness.
Yes, I could live with that too.
Can you not already do this? I can automate Angle easily here.

EDIT: "here" being in Jeskola Buzz, so maybe it sees a larger set of parameters exposed than traditional DAWs? (no idea if that's the case)
That's weird!
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:19 pm I'd be more than happy to help testing.
cool.

for the record I did also say "non continuous automation may be possible" in my first post on this on the previous page too. :wink:
jens wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:19 pm As it is now I have to duplicate a track that uses Precedence if I want to change its pan, which - as you will probably admit - is neither very practical nor ressource-friendly.
depends what else is on the track. If only P + B, both will disable their processing (P almost exactly 100% and B by variable amounts depending on Alg Mode and we hope to eventually make it even closer to exactly zero in all cases), so in terms of resources, it is actually not bad at all... if there are other plugs on the track, then ya those plugs are likely processing zeros, killing penguins and polar bears. :wink:

in terms of practicality, I don't know, just yesterday i had the idea of making making a 48 track template with where a P-B instance on each, with angle in steps of 15 deg, and distance in steps of 25% or so (i.e. one instance in each of the polar grids in P) and then just move audio content around at will between these tracks. Seems a fun experiment. Would probably lend itself more to remix work though where all the content is already pre-made "lego blocks"... anyway, I digress... i.e. your track would be a spatial position more than a specific instrument. you could easily move the instruments between the tracks at different parts in the arrangement. i did this kind of thing for some of the demos that show multiple positions. but again, it would only be practical if you were mixing pre-made audio content... does't work for VI/MIDI etc of course.

I am mixing audio-recordings, yes - but P&B are very far from being the only inserts of course...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

traitor! :D

jens wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:30 pm
bmanic wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:59 pm I'd be more than happy to use it with "binary" automation (jumping from one value directly to the next intended one), no real need for smoothness.

EDIT: "here" being in Jeskola Buzz, so maybe it sees a larger set of parameters exposed than traditional DAWs? (no idea if that's the case)
That's weird!
easily accessible in FLS20 ...

Andrew Souter wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:59 pm traitor! :D
:razz:

Well, it's not like you'd offer each and every type of standard audio-processor such as compressors, EQ, Phasers, Amp-Sims, and so forth... even though I sometimes use B2 for the latter...
but make a dedicated distortion+filter plugin (something a bit along the lines of Bluecat Destructor) and I promise I'll purchase it. After that make a dedicated modulation plugin and I'll purchase that too.

experimental.crow wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:10 am
jens wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:30 pm

That's weird!
easily accessible in FLS20 ...
I only see Input Gain and Mod Depth in Reaper.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

bmanic wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:47 pm I only see Input Gain and Mod Depth in Reaper.
For whatever reason, they do not show up in that list of parameters. However, if you touch Distance and Angle, you can then access them from the Param menu.

I’m getting a ID Missmatch error on all my 2caudio plugins after installing from a time machine back up.
Does anybody know how to re-activate?
Thanks in advance.

simmo75 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:08 pm I’m getting a ID Missmatch error on all my 2caudio plugins after installing from a time machine back up.
Thanks in advance.
This is a "corrupted permissions" issue. The fix is:
Thanks for your question and sorry for the issue. Please try the process listed in the third question here:

http://2caudio.com/support/faq#_installation

…namely "Why does your plug-in fail to load in my host?" cut and paste here for you as well:

------------------------------------------------------------------

99% of the time when one of our plug-ins fails to load in a host, it is
caused by a problem with installation. The most common issue is that the
disk permissions and nebulous operating system security features have
blocked our installer from writing all of the files we need to write to
your machine.

If you are using Windows we suggest that you try running the installer
again in a special manner: find the "setup.exe" file in our installer,
right click on it, and select "Run as admin...". This should solve the
issue.

If you are running Mac OSX, please try the following:

1) Please go here: /Your System Disk/Library/Application Support/
2) Select the "2C-Audio/" folder
3) Press Apple-I on the keyboard to "Get Info"
4) Click on the Lock icon at the bottom of this window to make changes, and enter your admin password
5) Change ALL three user groups to Read & Write Access
6) Click on the "gear wheel icon" drop down menu on the bottom of the page, and select "Apply to Enclosed Items". Select Yes.
7) Run the installer again
8) Re-launch your host application

If you are unable to locate the “Application Support” folder, you may also access it by holding down the "Option/Alt" Key on your keyboard, and while holding that, click on the "Go" menu in the Apple Finder menu bar.

Select "Library" from the drop down menu. A Finder window will open.

Open the "Application Support" folder found in here and follow the rest of the directions above.

This will almost certainly solve the issue. Let me know if it does not. We are compatible with all version of OSX from 10.6 to the latest.

Andrew Souter wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:54 pm
simmo75 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:08 pm I’m getting a ID Missmatch error on all my 2caudio plugins after installing from a time machine back up.
Thanks in advance.
This is a "corrupted permissions" issue. The fix is:
Thanks for your question and sorry for the issue. Please try the process listed in the third question here:

http://2caudio.com/support/faq#_installation

…namely "Why does your plug-in fail to load in my host?" cut and paste here for you as well:

99% of the time when one of our plug-ins fails to load in a host, it is
caused by a problem with installation. The most common issue is that the
disk permissions and nebulous operating system security features have
blocked our installer from writing all of the files we need to write to
your machine.

If you are using Windows we suggest that you try running the installer
again in a special manner: find the "setup.exe" file in our installer,
right click on it, and select "Run as admin...". This should solve the
issue.

If you are running Mac OSX, please try the following:

1) Please go here: /Your System Disk/Library/Application Support/
2) Select the "2C-Audio/" folder
3) Press Apple-I on the keyboard to "Get Info"
4) Click on the Lock icon at the bottom of this window to make changes, and enter your admin password
5) Change ALL three user groups to Read & Write Access
6) Click on the "gear wheel icon" drop down menu on the bottom of the page, and select "Apply to Enclosed Items". Select Yes.
7) Run the installer again
8) Re-launch your host application

If you are unable to locate the “Application Support” folder, you may also access it by holding down the "Option/Alt" Key on your keyboard, and while holding that, click on the "Go" menu in the Apple Finder menu bar.

Select "Library" from the drop down menu. A Finder window will open.

Open the "Application Support" folder found in here and follow the rest of the directions above.

This will almost certainly solve the issue. Let me know if it does not. We are compatible with all version of OSX from 10.6 to the latest.
Thank you, thank you, thank you Andrew!

I love the smell of cease and desist in the morning...

This has probably been covered earlier in the thread - but it's a lot to search through.

I'm finding that a bass guitar sounds good running through Precedence only (no other reverb). Can I think of this like "ER only" or some kind of "ambience"?

I'm using an angle of 0 and distance around 10 and it just adds a little "place" to the sound.
John Braner
http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

Return to “Effects”