Hive 2 is coming!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hive 2

I'm not getting quantized or into no matrix :x :hihi:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Urs wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:54 pm Here's the latest iteration after feature freeze. This is the section right below the Hexagon and the envelope/LFOs:
Oh man, that section is just begging for module presets...
Feel free to call me Brian.

Hehehe, thanks guys! - You can't imagine how excited I am. There was such a long thought process and on-and-off work, but we first had to release Hive 1.2.1 before I could actually commit any of this stuff into the codebase. It's really been coming together in the past two weeks (and I'm glad we didn't announce it for an earlier date...)

Elektronisch wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:39 pm Looks like modulation is more complex then lets say Serum's (wich is i dont know if bad or good, but sure does sounds like with some bells and whistles not just drag n drop and increase depth). Curious about how this will turn out :-)
Serum has lot more options to edit LFO shapes. It's endlessly more flexible in that way. But it's also a very different philosophy, and it requires a lot of work. There's no element of randomness, it's more of a program which need to set up for the desired result. I could have done that, and I have done it before, but I wanted Hive to be about something else.

The disadvantage of complex envelopes / MSEGs / whatever is, you can't really modulate them - who's gonna set up any LFO or anything to jerk a set of envelope points in space?!? But Hive always had the option to modulate envelope parameters. And so do these new things. You can actually modulate the ratcheting in the Shape Sequencer, and the curvature/slope in both function generators and shapes. This thing is alive and crazy and - dare I say it - beautiful.

It's a playful kind of complexity. It's fun to discover how things interact. And gawd, do they interact...

I just hope that it'll play out with great sounds. I have sleepless nights thinking about new sounds with this, so I'm sure there'll be something coming out of it.

That's what I'm talking about! Serum's envelopes are indeed powerful but for me there's very little joy in programming them to get the most of of them. I am super hyped for these inviting, playful interacting modules. Controlled chaos and complexity from simple beginnings is right up my alley!
Always Read the Manual!

Very excited about this! Brings Hive to a new dimension even beyond the one wave/uhmtables brought.

Now you got me excited! Looks intriguing :clap: :o :love:

Bring....it....on ! :hyper:

Quick question I didn't see answered....Will Hive 2 overwrite the current Hive or install along side of it ? :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Amazing! Now this may bring me back to Hive.

How is this any different from what you could achieve using a modular system, either software or hardware?

Providing that system could do wavetables. :hihi:

Urs wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:22 pm...who's gonna set up any LFO or anything to jerk a set of envelope points in space?!?
Finally I can jerk an envelope in space! I've been dreaming of that for years! :hihi:
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

dirty!

looks like i may be adding hive to my shortlist of software, the new additional modulations sound like my kind of fun 8)

Teksonik wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:26 am Bring....it....on ! :hyper:

Quick question I didn't see answered....Will Hive 2 overwrite the current Hive or install along side of it ? :)
As far as i remember Urs said it will overwrite :-) its backwards compatible synth :-)

Exciting! The shape sequencer looks like the "Flow LFO"s in Biotek. However, those in Biotek are performance controls and being able to sequence them in Hive 2 brings it to another level!

sinemotor wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:38 pm This will be 20 euros well spent.
Yep, synapse should learn from uhe how to win their hearts

Return to “Instruments”