Cherry Audio Voltage modular

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Voltage Modular Core + Electro Drums Voltage Modular Ignite Voltage Modular Nucleus

WasteLand wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:06 am the auto update seems to work, last time it actually worked, but i ended with... 1.3.3, although the installer worked...
downloaded via the link...
Same happened here, assumed it was known and that was the reason it was written to download from the link to upgrade immediately.

To Cherry: Also please make the installer remember the location also for the standalone. Nice that it now remembers the pluginlocation, just want that icing on the cake as well. :wink:

And just wow for the fairly consistent stream of new modules added to bundles I've purchased and the occasional other free ones added - love it! :D

Gone soft wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:12 am
WasteLand wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:06 am the auto update seems to work, last time it actually worked, but i ended with... 1.3.3, although the installer worked...
downloaded via the link...
Same happened here, assumed it was known and that was the reason it was written to download from the link to upgrade immediately.

To Cherry: Also please make the installer remember the location also for the standalone. Nice that it now remembers the pluginlocation, just want that icing on the cake as well. :wink:

And just wow for the fairly consistent stream of new modules added to bundles I've purchased and the occasional other free ones added - love it! :D
it did remember the location of the standalone on my system (windows 10), not my main system for audo by the way, will see later today how it acts there.

EDIT: the octagon is already fun, tried it very simple with vintage osc. without anything else.

Why the ability to filter store by module type (source, effect, controller, etc.) was removed? Also I can't anymore see the the modules that were included in VM's core license, i.e. the ones from Cherry Audio and Misfit Audio. It's gotten more difficult to navigate.

I'm using the web store to actually look for modules in my collection that can perform certain function as it's somehow easier to do it there than in the VM's browser section
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:44 am Why the ability to filter store by module type (source, effect, controller, etc.) was removed? Also I can't anymore see the the modules that were included in VM's core license, i.e. the ones from Cherry Audio and Misfit Audio. It's gotten more difficult to navigate.

I'm using the web store to actually look for modules in my collection that can perform certain function as it's somehow easier to do it there than in the VM's browser section
filter by category is still there. and manufacturer... etc. in store. in VM...

WasteLand wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:55 am
antic604 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:44 am Why the ability to filter store by module type (source, effect, controller, etc.) was removed? Also I can't anymore see the the modules that were included in VM's core license, i.e. the ones from Cherry Audio and Misfit Audio. It's gotten more difficult to navigate.

filter by category is still there.
wrt the web version, not here its not.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Im kind of curious why my update from 1.3.1 to what should have been 1.3.5 took me to version 1.2.3

WasteLand wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:55 amfilter by category is still there. and manufacturer... etc. in store. in VM...
I meant module type: generator, effect, utility, etc. It was in Store, now there's not.
Music tech enthusiast

antic604 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:29 am
WasteLand wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:55 amfilter by category is still there. and manufacturer... etc. in store. in VM...
I meant module type: generator, effect, utility, etc. It was in Store, now there's not.
you mean: sources, processors, controllers, utilities, effects? those i see... as filter.

whyterabbyt wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:12 am Im kind of curious why my update from 1.3.1 to what should have been 1.3.5 took me to version 1.2.3
try the download link mentioned earlier in the thread.

Yes, filter by module type/category seems to be missing from the web store. But since the label ”Category” is still there, it looks like a pretty obvious bug to me (and not like someone removed it on purpose), which undoubtedly will be fixed.

WasteLand wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:39 am
you mean: sources, processors, controllers, utilities, effects? those i see... as filter.
On the website, here: https://store.cherryaudio.com/ ???

That's what I see:

Music tech enthusiast

WasteLand wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:41 am
whyterabbyt wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:12 am Im kind of curious why my update from 1.3.1 to what should have been 1.3.5 took me to version 1.2.3
yeah, I had already done that. To reiterate, Im curious about why it happened, not how to install 1.3.5.

antic604 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:49 am
WasteLand wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:39 am
On the website, here: https://store.cherryaudio.com/ ???
no within VM modules and store, i mean. the filter in store tab in VM.

EDIT: the price you pay if read something wrong, you mean the filters in the online store. sorry for the confusion.

WasteLand wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:58 amno within VM modules and store, i mean. the filter in store tab in VM.

EDIT: the price you pay if read something wrong, you mean the filters in the online store. sorry for the confusion.
No problem, I could've been more precise too :)
Music tech enthusiast

whyterabbyt wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:57 am
WasteLand wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:41 am
yeah, I had already done that. To reiterate, Im curious about why it happened, not how to install 1.3.5.
The installer is downloaded to:

C:\Users\**\AppData\Roaming\Voltage\Cache\Downloads\156 (on windows)

On occasion it seems that earlier versions don't get over written which could be the cause of update problems, so I delete old versions before updating and it works ok. It's still something that CA need to sort out though.
γνῶθι σαὐτόν

Return to “Instruments”