One Synth Challenge #121: Any One Synth (Rellik Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

@ilmai this thing? https://www.elektron.se/products/analog-four-mkii/ oOoOoOoOo fancy, I'm jealous :)

z.prime wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:47 am @ilmai this thing? https://www.elektron.se/products/analog-four-mkii/ oOoOoOoOo fancy, I'm jealous :)
Yes that thing :) I love it, but it’s my only hardware synth at this point and feels like it’s not enough on its own. Might need a poly and a drum machine to support it.

Updated my tune with a massively improved solo, new and better snare, hand clap and harp and thousands of other, small improvements (okay then, tens!).

So just a quick reminder to refresh your browser if you've already played mine or anyone else's song (Ctrl+F5 in Chrome). I know I've mentioned the same thing in earlier rounds, but man, it's really annoying that the first version remain in people's browser cache. Oh well, minor concerns in the grand scheme of things.

I hope all of you are getting along nicely with your synths of choice. Excited to see what this round brings. See ya' again by the end of the month - have a nice weekend!
All Ted Mountainé's Songs on Spotify | Soundcloud | Twitter | His Latest Videos
The Byte Hop, the virtual home of Ted Mountainé – news as they might have happened.

This is my entry for the OSC #121. Synthesizer of choice - Synth1. Tried to create a track in dark synthwave genre. Some of the sounds are presets from synthwave banks. Had to use reverb FX (because come on, this is synthwave :D) but tried to not overuse it. Was a bit lazy to setup a reverb bus, so ended up with multiple reverb instances. :/

https://soundcloud.com/mrkarolus/nightmare-city-osc-121

DAW: Reaper
Synth: Synth1

Mixing FX:
Synth1 (Daichi) x 21
ReaEQ (Cockos) x 18
ReaComp (Cockos) x 1
OrilRiver (Denis Tihanov) x 15
Rough Rider (Audio Damage) x 1
Volume/Pan Soother v5 x 2
A1TriggerGate (A1AUDIO) x 1

Mastering FX:
Luftikus (lkjb) x 1
ReaEQ (Cockos) x 1
CodeRedFree (Shatttered Glass Audio) x1
Limiter No6 (Vladislav Goncharov) x 1
Youlean Loudness Meter 2 (Youlean) x 1
SPAN (Voxengo) x 1
Last edited by MrKarolus on Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks @Leonard Bowman! I'm going to check the Slack channel later :)

@TheNeverScene that guitar is impressive! I never tried Serum, it seems capable of almost anything imaginable

@DawCrash Thank you. Serum is way more capable than I could ever take it. I absolutely love it.
Just a touch of EQ and a tickle of compression

Hi all,

My father is ill so I am headed out of town to help out. I've been working on this so I wanted to submit it in case I don't make it back in time to complete and submit it (run on sentence much?). I used Serum and it hits pretty hard right off the bat, so I don't want to cause any heart failure!

*deleted wip
Last edited by TheNeverScene on Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Just a touch of EQ and a tickle of compression

I hope your father get better soon. I know full well that as you get older things stop working properly!

Regards to him from another oldie!

dB

Hello

Can I use a Reason synth (build in or rack)? Or does it have to be a VST plugin?

AlienXXX wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:42 pm Hello

Can I use a Reason synth (build in or rack)? Or does it have to be a VST plugin?
The way I know OSC, I can’t see any Reason why you couldn’t :)
Last edited by ThePresent on Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hey AlienXXX - I see no reason why not! :tu: ilmai has decided to use a hardware synth which I didn't think was allowed but neither Brian nor Richard said not, so anything in Reason seems fair game, as long as it is just one synth. Probably as usual stay away from the sample-based stuff to keep to the spirit of it?
I quite like the idea myself (though too late for me this month, I've gone with something else) - maybe some other time :)

TheNeverScene wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:51 am Hi all,

My father is ill so I am headed out of town to help out. I've been working on this so I wanted to submit it in case I don't make it back in time to complete and submit it (run on sentence much?). I used Serum and it hits pretty hard right off the bat, so I don't want to cause any heart failure!

https://soundcloud.com/the-never-scene/ ... ne-osc-121

33 instances of Serum. All from init, stock waveforms/tables, noise for noise.

ReaEq, ReaComp, ReaXcomp, PTEq-X, Leveling Tool, Tal Reverb 4, OrilRiver, Dragonfly Reverb, Camel Crush, Unlimited
Hope your dad feels better soon.

here is my entry for the OSC.
https://soundcloud.com/wirkmenge/lala

DAW: Ableton Live 9.5
Synth: 12 x NI Kontour
Effects: Auto-Filter, Pancake2, Freeverb Too,
EQ Eight, OldSkoolVerb, Tal Dub, Compressor Multiband Dynamics, Rough Rider

TheNeverScene wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:51 am My father is ill so I am headed out of town to help out.
Wishing your father a fast and full recovery.

zarf wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:05 am

Hey AlienXXX - I see no reason why not! :tu: ilmai has decided to use a hardware synth which I didn't think was allowed but neither Brian nor Richard said not, so anything in Reason seems fair game, as long as it is just one synth. Probably as usual stay away from the sample-based stuff to keep to the spirit of it?
I quite like the idea myself (though too late for me this month, I've gone with something else) - maybe some other time :)
Well, in that case, Thor it is!

Return to “Instruments”