vurt wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:16 am
chk071 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:45 am
Hanz Meyzer wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:29 am
Is it done with Reaktor again?
No. For the hundredth time... :lol:
the only question in the history of humankind that surpasses "is it made with reaktor?" is "are we there yet?" on long journeys with kids.
it just beat "does this taste off to you?" and "does my arse look big in this?" to the number two slot.
You naive humanoid! "Does it sound like a Virus?" beats everything.

/C
Plughugger Sound Design
DISTORTED EVOLUTION 2 HORROR for OMNISPHERE 2
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Roland S750/DJ70 - Ensoniq ASR10/EPSm

chk071
KVRAF
18912 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Re: Native Instruments Massive X Synth - Sequel to Massive

Post Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:38 pm

Massive X is not Reaktor based, by the way. Just to mention it on this page, so noone has to ask again. :P

Hanz Meyzer
KVRian
1030 posts since 20 Oct, 2014

Post Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:55 pm

Can I haz MPE support?

LoopyFruit
KVRist
468 posts since 10 Nov, 2005 from Scotland

Post Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:22 pm

Well I don't like Reaktor much or dark interfaces so I guess Massive X isn't for me :(

Unaspected
KVRist
492 posts since 4 May, 2012

Post Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:28 pm

I heard that VST4 plugins will only run in Reaktor.

EvilDragon
KVRAF
17712 posts since 7 Jan, 2009 from Croatia

Post Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:24 am

LoopyFruit wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:22 pm
Well I don't like Reaktor much or dark interfaces so I guess Massive X isn't for me :(
Sarcasm, or what? Massive X isn't a dark interface, nor has it anything to do with Reaktor (AGAIN).

Elektronisch
KVRAF
2850 posts since 3 Feb, 2010

Post Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:09 am

EvilDragon wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:24 am
LoopyFruit wrote:
Sarcasm, or what? Massive X isn't a dark interface, nor has it anything to do with Reaktor (AGAIN).
No its not dark, but its kind of "dimmed", if you stack against white it looks like that and the control panel being dark brown makes whole interface a bit ehm yeah not very clear, you want to increase the brightness :) i also kinda miss some contrast when it comes to UI. NI definatly could make the main panel (or to say background image) have changable colors like TAL does with his plugins and Dune 2 had.

Here is a small comparison example of bright GUI's.

For example Spire, has also that greyish background, but by introducing white panels suddenly the whole interface feels a bit more clear, just because the color match gives a better contrast to parameters text :) In Massive X it feels everything monotone and gives a bit harder time to identify parameters :)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

martinjuenke
KVRAF
3168 posts since 28 Dec, 2015 from Germany

Post Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:22 am

I truly adore the marketing capabilities of NI which keep this still not released synth for half a year now in the communication loop (and still going strong...) :clap:

Flowing atmospheric music
http://www.sonoryth.bandcamp.com/music

Elektronisch
KVRAF
2850 posts since 3 Feb, 2010

Post Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:29 am

martinjuenke wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:22 am
I truly adore the marketing capabilities of NI which keep this still not released synth for half a year now in the communication loop (and still going strong...) :clap:
Its not NI marketing, Massive is one of the most popular synths ever and this is a successor, there is no way no one would not talk about it :)

DJ Warmonger
KVRAF
2980 posts since 7 Jun, 2012 from Warsaw

Post Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:33 am

Elektronisch wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:29 am
martinjuenke wrote:
Its not NI marketing, Massive is one of the most popular synths ever and this is a successor, there is no way no one would not talk about it :)
The trick is that Massive X has nothing to do with original Massive. It's just a marketing trick to sell a completely new product under the name of old one.
http://djwarmonger.wordpress.com/
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

EvilDragon
KVRAF
17712 posts since 7 Jan, 2009 from Croatia

Post Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:41 am

Well apart from all the original people who worked on the original Massive are also working on MX and especially all the DSP being handled by Mike Daliot just like in the original Massive, so you KNOW it's going to be great. Also there are a number of things that have been taken over from original Massive and improved upon. You can definitely consider it as Massive 2.

el-bo (formerly ebow)
KVRAF
11112 posts since 24 May, 2009 from A galaxy, far far away

Post Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:43 am

DJ Warmonger wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:33 am
Elektronisch wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:29 am
martinjuenke wrote:
The trick is that Massive X has nothing to do with original Massive. It's just a marketing trick to sell a completely new product under the name of old one.

Well, the original NI Massive was a Reaktor drum sequencer, so there’s that :tu:

noiseboyuk
KVRAF
2578 posts since 25 Jan, 2007

Post Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:57 am

LoopyFruit wrote:
Peak KVR.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.afterschoolvideoclub.com/
W10 Pro Creators Edition, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2018 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 9
MBP 2015 OSX 10.13.3 2.8ghz 16gb 1TB SSD

perfumer
KVRist
186 posts since 4 Oct, 2018

Post Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:22 am

On a serious note, I absolutely hate it when knobs and buttons are the same color as the background. Or a slightly different hue.

And the "one strip bright - one strip dark" bullshit, as in Linplug Spectral for example. And now in Massive X.

The UI designers for Massive X need to be shot - seriously! :x

perfumer
KVRist
186 posts since 4 Oct, 2018

Post Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:25 am

Have a look at that 'beauty' :roll:

Return to “Instruments”