Cytomic Synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

gentleclockdivider wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:02 pm Cytomic tackling the Mighy Korg ms20 , the filters are already done :tu:
The Korg MS-20 is a huge inspiration to me in terms of feature sets - the sound of the filters, the fixed topology high pass into low pass, variable shape LFOs, some triggering off audio input. Basically The Drop was inspired by a cross between that, the Ebbe-und-Flut, and the Sherman Filterbank, but obviously since the filter schematics from that latter two are not public I could not include those as the models.

The synth will definitely cover almost all the same territory as an MS-20, but also do a bunch more. The only thing I won't be modelling of the MS-20 in particular are the envelopes, I've got something a lot more powerful in mind. I hope in particular to include a model of the ESP part of the MS-20, which I didn't get a chance to for The Drop since it was already pretty big in terms of feature set.
The Glue, The Drop - www.cytomic.com

an MS-20 esque synth with better envelopes !?

you already have my hard earned money.

Will it be (semi)-modular , patch cables and /or matrix.. ?
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:42 am Will it be (semi)-modular , patch cables and /or matrix.. ?
It will be single sample processing fully modular audio rate connections for everything (ie everything is an audio signal, but some signals are dc coupled). You can visualise the connections with droopy looking cables, but cables aren't needed. I've got a better system in mind edit and visualise the modulation :)
The Glue, The Drop - www.cytomic.com

sqigls wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:24 am an MS-20 esque synth with better envelopes !?

you already have my hard earned money.
+10. A good ms-20 emulation is on the top of my wishlist.

I didn't follow this thread. Is there any indication of a release date?

andy-cytomic wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:01 am
gentleclockdivider wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:42 am Will it be (semi)-modular , patch cables and /or matrix.. ?
It will be single sample processing fully modular audio rate connections for everything (ie everything is an audio signal, but some signals are dc coupled). You can visualise the connections with droopy looking cables, but cables aren't needed. I've got a better system in mind edit and visualise the modulation :)
Wow cant wait to try it :)
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

andy-cytomic wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:01 am
I'm in...

Me too !
Computer musician / Ableton Certified Trainer / Mastering engineer
.com
3OP

And me. I'd like to see the clever modulation visualisation & editing system. 8)
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

HcDoom wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:51 am My momey is ready if it ever becomes reality...
Your mom buys you synths? :D

andy-cytomic wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:01 am I've got a better system in mind edit and visualise the modulation :)
Mmmmm may I ask, that have you started yet? :D

But you will not release your synth through Plugin Alliance platform, will you?

A Cytomic synth? Oh hell yeah. Yes, please!

martinjuenke wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:19 am But you will not release your synth through Plugin Alliance platform, will you?
It will use PA, iLok, c/r, cocklock and gobbler.. All at the same time :hihi:

Distorted Horizon wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:49 am
martinjuenke wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:19 am But you will not release your synth through Plugin Alliance platform, will you?
It will use PA, iLok, c/r, cocklock and gobbler.. All at the same time :hihi:
Cocklock? :scared:

Return to “Instruments”