Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

I very much like Avenger as it is, GUI works very nicely streamlined for me, only instability and cpu spikes are my concerns.

Yes, I would love to see some cross-osc-sync, too. Maybe using the same mechanism as fm? Also ringmod, and sync+ringmod at once.

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:16 pm
Yes, I would love to see some cross-osc-sync, too. Maybe using the same mechanism as fm? Also ringmod, and sync+ringmod at once.
Yes that is a great idea using the same idea as the fm for cross-osc-sync would be nice

cross sync is definately something we will check out for feasibility

Here's another quick question.
Is there a way to universally turn off the drum module?
I'm sure I'll never use the drums in Avenger, and they're enabled in everything. This is probably using some resources - or no?
There are way too many presets to click on "M" on the drums tab ;)
Thanks.
John Braner
http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

no there is no way. However they do only take a very small amount of CPU, compared to a real OSC. Drums are only "on" by default in "SQ" presets. You should avoid the entire category then, since the drums are an essential part of these. But you will miss
something really great, since I think the SQs are the highlights.

In all other categories they are mostly optional (the designer maybe added a macro button to turn them on)

OK thanks for the info.
As long as they're not taking a lot of CPU/RAM by not being used - that's OK.
I'll listen to the SQ presets of course...
John Braner
http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

Hi, I bought this synth recently and its my favourite for sure.

There is 1 thing I would love to be able to do but I couldn't find a way after searching for quite a bit. I was hoping there was a way to send different midi channel number to the different voices. I would imagine it would be an option in the zones were apart from the notes we could chose midi channel.

I found very cool to to be able to have all this layers of sounds in one single instance that I wish I could use it all the time. This would even more flexible with the option to chose the midi channel number.

I have a little hope that I just missed this option and it does already exist but if it doesn't, please consider adding it.

Thanks so much,
Andreu

I also want to "turn off/remove" the drum module until I decide to use/insert it.
Which hasn't happened now for 2+ years :D

Even if it only take 0.5-1% CPU

msvs wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:28 pm cross sync is definately something we will check out for feasibility
Different levels of sync would be nice like the freeware synth Crust .. can get some interesting sounds out of it

+1 for drum disable button :lol:

I was hoping there was a way to send different midi channel number to the different voices
thats something we currently check out

msvs wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:47 am
I was hoping there was a way to send different midi channel number to the different voices
thats something we currently check out
Very happy to know you guys are considering it! Thanks for letting us know!

It would allow to have all the sounds on one instance and arrange the notes in different midi tracks for for full control of the composition. Just another way of taking advantage of the amazing multitimbral capabilities of the Avenger. (I do not want to sound greedy but a super bonus feature would combine very nicely would be a standalone mode. I understand that is too much work but one man can dream).

Awesome work.

Cheers!

Avenger has no multimbral capabilities at all. You can only open 1 Preset.
Of course if this is a SQ preset, each tab can have its own sound (bass, pads, leads etc) But it also can be, that 3 tabs are used for generating the bass, or 2 tabs shape the pad.
nonetheless, with the midi channel you will be able to trigger specific oscs of the loaded preset

msvs wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:02 pm Avenger has no multimbral capabilities at all. You can only open 1 Preset.
Of course if this is a SQ preset, each tab can have its own sound (bass, pads, leads etc) But it also can be, that 3 tabs are used for generating the bass, or 2 tabs shape the pad.
nonetheless, with the midi channel you will be able to trigger specific oscs of the loaded preset
Thanks for the clarification Manuel.

I see, what I meant by multitimbral I guess was just different instruments (made of whatever number of oscillators). I was assuming the difficult part of making a multimbral instrument was the ability to play multiple instruments at the same time.

Correct me if I'm wrong but just adding the midi channel option would make it multimbra l(or sort off)? Or does it need to be able to load separate presets to be multimbral? I personally like the idea of a single preset that has all the sounds of a song.

Anyway thanks a lot for the info, I hope this option makes it to some update in the future.

My 2 cents:
Manuel is a veteran producer and in music industry business for too long, he and the team knows how to make things right. So no need to worry about missing features.
Till now, avenger is equipped with features nobody would dream of in the past few years.

The point is : some people here although may have positive thoughts and suggestions with good intention, but they might distract the current development process of at least can draw some negative impact to the developers.

Return to “Instruments”