Reason 10.3 Beta Testers

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

thejonsolo wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:01 am Um PUBLIC beta...

So posting about it here is awesome. I know in times past with version changes the beta could feel bogged down with the bug reporting stuff involved, but this version may be different given what they are looking to accomplish.
We're letting on some people at a time, quite few at first and more later on, to make sure we're not overrun with identical bug reports right away.

It's public in the sense that anyone can apply. However, we always ask that beta testers only discuss the beta on the dedicated beta forum, not here or in other places. This is important because the beta is still just that, a beta. There might still be bugs, issues and it's absolutely super slow while we use logging versions. It'd be pretty bad for everyone if someone posted, say, a comparison of our logging beta vs. a released version of Ableton Live 10 for example. :)

We'll start the beta with a logging version which, like I mentioned, is significantly slower than the real deal. The reason for this is that we've done many changes so even if this is a performance update, it's even more important for us to find out that we haven't broken anything—that's the kind of stuff the logging version catches. While in logging, you can still compare performance somewhat by turning some of the 10.3 improvements on/off via the preferences.

Further into the beta testing, there'll be a version without logging code available in parallel for pure performance testing.

Awesome news!

Anosou wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:04 am
thejonsolo wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:01 am Um PUBLIC beta...

So posting about it here is awesome. I know in times past with version changes the beta could feel bogged down with the bug reporting stuff involved, but this version may be different given what they are looking to accomplish.
We're letting on some people at a time, quite few at first and more later on, to make sure we're not overrun with identical bug reports right away.

It's public in the sense that anyone can apply. However, we always ask that beta testers only discuss the beta on the dedicated beta forum, not here or in other places. This is important because the beta is still just that, a beta. There might still be bugs, issues and it's absolutely super slow while we use logging versions. It'd be pretty bad for everyone if someone posted, say, a comparison of our logging beta vs. a released version of Ableton Live 10 for example. :)

We'll start the beta with a logging version which, like I mentioned, is significantly slower than the real deal. The reason for this is that we've done many changes so even if this is a performance update, it's even more important for us to find out that we haven't broken anything—that's the kind of stuff the logging version catches. While in logging, you can still compare performance somewhat by turning some of the 10.3 improvements on/off via the preferences.

Further into the beta testing, there'll be a version without logging code available in parallel for pure performance testing.
Well, I don't have the beta, so I can discuss it all I want :hihi:

thejonsolo wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:47 pm I did read that which is why I said that this version "may be different given what they are looking to accomplish".

This beta will not be for me as I am in the middle of some projects (granted, using only Cubase) and don't want any beta stuff on my main machine. Even my secondary machine is in load with my project. So I will be checking here to see how others are finding the beta to be.
That’s the situation I am currently in which is why I asked .I Cant afford to have either my mobile set up or the powerlab bogged down by what could be a hungry beta .I learned my lesson before beta testing some products .

So I must be left out in the cold while the rest of you beta away, hun? :x :hihi:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”