What one bit of Music Theory was really helpful that caused your songwriting to improve ?

Chords, scales, harmony, melody, etc.
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jancivil wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:39 pm Whatever, if we're doing straight to opinions, I think C&W with EDM glommed onto it at the end is aesthetically a fail as to basic integrity, it doesn't so much as work IME. You can call it vision, fine, no skin off of me really, but I really don't buy that.
I gave the word "vision" a context. And as to whether "Hey Brother", 'worked'...well, I guess we'll just have to disagree :shrug:

jancivil wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:41 pmI like my supposition someone who writes C&W as a living wrote the actual music for the song better than reading a credit off a CD or whatever.
Well you go with that, then :tu:

I can't assume this particular individual is such a master at construction of all and any musics he can have sussed something with such facility as that at will. It may seem a simple matter of a simple chord progression and an obvious tune but it's like a lot of things, it takes being steeped in it to get it exactly right. The thing he chose to slap on there gives me the exact opposite impression of that kind of love for that thing.

Ooh 'eck, my post has become a bit toxic. Hence the lock.
Reaper (win), i7-7700k, 16GB

Return to “Music Theory”