LiquidSonics Lustrous Plates

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

MadDogE134 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:38 am i suspect the cpu demand to be a LOT less on the lustrous than the uvi since lustrous is IR based as opposed to uvi which is an algo. right?
From what I understand, yes... mostly. :phones:

sounds really nice though and i am worried :( i am a reverb whore lol cheers
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

Here is a preset for Lustrous Plates I made for use with syncopated Arps and percussion.
It uses the Corbomite plate and is synced to the rhythm as you can hear in the start-stops at the beginning of the example. The modulation also "flows with the rhythm for some subtle shifts.

https://soundcloud.com/synth-presets-co ... -arp-plate

Here are the settings:
(Screen shot also included)

Plate: Corbomite
Reverb Time Damper: 4
Frequency Dispersion: 75
Pre-delay: 1/8 with the sync feature on
Width: 9.8
Modulation Depth: 9.8
Rate: 1.10 Hz
Wet/Dry: to Taste

I will be glad to post some more if anyone would like them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Here's another little demo. Lots of processing... :phones:

https://soundcloud.com/musicofplexus/lu ... -1/s-YNssg

This actually sounds really really freaking good. Sadly it's a bit more than I want to pay for a reverb.

SteveWZ wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:29 am [snip...]
I will be glad to post some more if anyone would like them.
I am happy to wait for the preset pack you'll hopefully create. :tu: :phones:

plexuss wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:28 am Here's another little demo. Lots of processing... :phones:

https://soundcloud.com/musicofplexus/lu ... -1/s-YNssg
Respex to the Plex! :)

Really nice demo.

It's fine. Had to do the demo from LS with all the licensing issues they are having for the slate side. Seems good on the CPU, but it's doing anything for me the slate stuff I already have does (or that dreaded reason 7000 unit that people like to slag on :hihi: )

You guys still find an urge to buy reverbs? You are insatiable... :lol:

I'm really not sure why people get so worked up about yet another reverb. Like most effects, they are so buried in a good mix or used subtly that solo isolated demos are meaningless. Unless you're really into long vocal breaks or have a need for huge pads or strings. Not sure how that fits into 2019, but okay.

It's probably better that you don't hear the reverb, because it's too much by then.

rewrite history wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:00 pm I'm really not sure why people get so worked up about yet another reverb. Like most effects, they are so buried in a good mix or used subtly that solo isolated demos are meaningless. Unless you're really into long vocal breaks or have a need for huge pads or strings. Not sure how that fits into 2019, but okay. It's probably better that you don't hear the reverb, because it's too much by then.
I'm really not sure why people don't get worked up about yet another reverb. Like most effects, every element will make a difference in a good mix, so solo isolated demos are useful to understand the character of the sound that will be added. Even more important if you are into long vocal breaks or have a need for huge pads or strings. New reverbs that bring a new sound to the table fit into 2019, okay. Reverbs offer an exciting new audio element and when a new one comes out it's good to assess it's unique character to determine how to use it effectively. :phones:

That's why.

Rut roh.

It's never about which paint or paintbrush, it's always been about the painter and the painting.

rewrite history wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:17 am It's never about which paint or paintbrush, it's always been about the painter and the painting.
If the painter doesn't have paints and paintbrush there will be no painting. That's why I bought Lustrous Plates. :phones:

And your analogy makes no sense - in the realm of painting the materials and techniques used are as important to the medium as they are in music. It's all intertwined.

If you have to use for Lustrous Plates, perhaps move on? This is a thread about this specific product.

This is one lush plate!
Definitely my favorite dedicated plate reverb plugin.

Return to “Effects”