What did you buy in 2018?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Bombadil wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:15 pm
donkey tugger wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:31 pm Couple of decent low-mid priced mics - Ride NT1A and Sontronics STC-1. The latter sounds great with acoustic guitars - the little Behringer one was fine for the money, but the STC-1 brings out a whole new level of detail.

Needed a better electric 12 string to replace the Gear4music Shitenbacker so got one of these from Revelation (small British company). Spot on, and sexy looking;

revelation12.JPG

Also bought a hollow body J Turser guitar from a mate. Rather nice, used it a few times on songs, also looks f**king cool, very good with the ebow, resonates like a bastard;

jt139.JPG

Also bought a little Fender modelling amp for monitoring when recording electric DI.
How's that 12'er working out? I asked for a price quote from the shop that, I think, you recommended, got it...€307 shipping to Germany. Thought about it, went to find their website again, and the shop was in receivership! That must suck.
Anyways, I sent my Gretsch back because of tuning stability issues. I am getting a replacement (in black) probably tomorrow. If it is less problematic, I'll give it over to my luthier friend, who will make it absolutely perfect.
Ouf, I can''t remember who it was, but they were quite a big retailer!

The Revelation is a great little guitar, does the requisite jangling and the build quality is excellent -feels solid, stays in tune and is nice to play (I like wide necks so that was a bonus), plus it looks sooo cool :hihi: . To be honest, the Shitenbacker is actually a a decent guitar and for £99 for a twelve string it served me well as I recorded quite a bit with it. Only real problem I had with it was that the pickups were shite so I was always using a lot of eq to get the jangle, and thereby raising the noise. Anyways, it'll have a good home as I'm giving it to someone at work who's had a bit of a bad run. The Revelation has a much better natural tone, as you'd expect for 3 times the price...

Good luck with the Gretsch!

Electro Harmonix Soul Food
Digitech FreqOut
Behringer Model D
:love:

Laguna Rising wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:44 pm Electro Harmonix Soul Food
Digitech FreqOut
Behringer Model D
:love:
that freqout is lovely and not too bad on price either :tu:
may pick one up at some point when my modular is more complete :hihi:

donkey tugger wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:31 pm
Bombadil wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:15 pm
donkey tugger wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:31 pm Couple of decent low-mid priced mics - Ride NT1A and Sontronics STC-1. The latter sounds great with acoustic guitars - the little Behringer one was fine for the money, but the STC-1 brings out a whole new level of detail.

Needed a better electric 12 string to replace the Gear4music Shitenbacker so got one of these from Revelation (small British company). Spot on, and sexy looking;

revelation12.JPG

Also bought a hollow body J Turser guitar from a mate. Rather nice, used it a few times on songs, also looks f**king cool, very good with the ebow, resonates like a bastard;

jt139.JPG

Also bought a little Fender modelling amp for monitoring when recording electric DI.
How's that 12'er working out? I asked for a price quote from the shop that, I think, you recommended, got it...€307 shipping to Germany. Thought about it, went to find their website again, and the shop was in receivership! That must suck.
Anyways, I sent my Gretsch back because of tuning stability issues. I am getting a replacement (in black) probably tomorrow. If it is less problematic, I'll give it over to my luthier friend, who will make it absolutely perfect.
Ouf, I can''t remember who it was, but they were quite a big retailer!

The Revelation is a great little guitar, does the requisite jangling and the build quality is excellent -feels solid, stays in tune and is nice to play (I like wide necks so that was a bonus), plus it looks sooo cool :hihi: . To be honest, the Shitenbacker is actually a a decent guitar and for £99 for a twelve string it served me well as I recorded quite a bit with it. Only real problem I had with it was that the pickups were shite so I was always using a lot of eq to get the jangle, and thereby raising the noise. Anyways, it'll have a good home as I'm giving it to someone at work who's had a bit of a bad run. The Revelation has a much better natural tone, as you'd expect for 3 times the price...

Good luck with the Gretsch!
Thanks!

It's nice to brighten someone's life with a musical instrument, isn't it? :tu: Good on ya, for that!
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Finally got my modular in from Make Noise, pretty excellent imho. I am quite pleased with it.
Although, it didn't come with enough patch cables. I ran out in about 5 mins, the 20 included
cables are not sufficient for the number of parameters. Other than that, fit and finish are
very good, although they did make mine to order as I didn't want all black face plates. :tu:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Behringer Model D. And a Taylor 12-string + a Taylor 712e 12-fret.
Computermuso since intel8086
http://www.fivelsdal.no/

Another guitar I didn't need!

Bought a launchkey mini for my laptop setup, though it feels like i haven't used it much at all. (have a launchkey 49 for my desktop setup), and also some guitar and guitar fx vsts later in the year. Though right now im fighting the urge to add something new to my setup, again.
Last edited by Damare on Sat Jun 04, 2022 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cubase was my highlight purchase of 2018. :)

pekbro wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:27 am very good, although they did make mine to order as I didn't want all black face plates. :tu:
its funny, ive always thought it would bug me if i had a makenoise system in different faceplate colours. not sure why.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:16 pm
pekbro wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:27 am very good, although they did make mine to order as I didn't want all black face plates. :tu:
its funny, ive always thought it would bug me if i had a makenoise system in different faceplate colours. not sure why.
I thought it looked more modular, turns out, I don't care really. :D The PCB of the black face
plates has its advantages.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”