Modulation monsters

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Okay, now for something pretty much subjective, except these few requirements must be met: offers plenty of modulation options, specifically for subtractive synthesis (if it *also* allows other synthesis methods, no problem); resizable UI; works as a VST in Windows 10.

The subjective part is the word "plenty", of course. So that is indeed up to you to interpret.

What are the true modulation monsters (that are hopefully not a visual nightmare, haha ;)) in VST-land?

another thread where you'll dismiss anyone trying to help?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Well, Dune 3, obviously. The best modulation i ever used had been in Massive though. It just makes modulation easy, without a mod matrix.

whyterabbyt wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:37 pm another thread where you'll dismiss anyone trying to help?
There isn't one of those to begin with, but...

This is, however, already another thread wherein random people take offence at nothing of substance whatsoever, that didn't even happen, in an entirely different thread. :lol:

Whatever makes you happy though - hope you find threads more pleasing to your sensitivities and belief systems! :tu:

kvotchin wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:04 pm
whyterabbyt wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:37 pm another thread where you'll dismiss anyone trying to help?

This is, however, already another thread wherein random people take offence at nothing of substance whatsoever, that didn't even happen, in an entirely different thread. :lol:

Whatever makes you happy though - hope you find threads more pleasing to your sensitivities and belief systems! :tu:
Mindreading skills fail.

whyterabbyt wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:14 pmMindreading skills fail.
Indeed. You can work on that though, if you're feeling insecure about it. :hug:

I wish you better luck understanding posts and threads in future!

kvotchin wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:08 pm
whyterabbyt wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:14 pmMindreading skills fail.
Indeed. You can work on that though, if you're feeling insecure about it. :hug:

I wish you better luck understanding posts and threads in future!
And you rely on projection, too. Good luck with that.

whyterabbyt wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:10 pmAnd you rely on projection, too. Good luck with that.
Really now? You, after all, are the one who brought manufactured drama into this thread. :clap:

If you have absolutely nothing to contribute (not even facts regarding another thread entirely) ... why are you still here?

kvotchin wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:37 pm
whyterabbyt wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:10 pmAnd you rely on projection, too. Good luck with that.
Really now? You, after all, are the one who brought manufactured drama into this thread. :clap:
drama? my, what an, erm, dramatic interpretation...
If you have absolutely nothing to contribute (not even facts regarding another thread entirely) ... why are you still here?
anthropology field trip. you?

kvotchin wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:14 am Okay, now for something pretty much subjective, except these few requirements must be met: offers plenty of modulation options, specifically for subtractive synthesis (if it *also* allows other synthesis methods, no problem); resizable UI; works as a VST in Windows 10.

The subjective part is the word "plenty", of course. So that is indeed up to you to interpret.

What are the true modulation monsters (that are hopefully not a visual nightmare, haha ;)) in VST-land?
Biotek 2 https://www.tracktion.com/products/biotek

200 modulation routes

Virtual analog subtractive synthesis, and others

Resizable UI

VST in Windows 10

Up to 12 sound layers, 48 oscillators

16 unison voices per layer
BioTek features 4 oscillators per sound layer capable of creating multiple forms of synthesis: FM Synthesis, Virtual Analog, Sample Playback, Karplus-Strong, and now also Granular and the unique Spinal Saw ...

... it features 200 modulation routes and 32 modifier routes performing mathematical functions on the modulation sources. It also features 8 unique Flow LFOs, each with 8 individual parallel syncable sub LFOs on every sound layer.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Historically the Oberheim Matrix synths had been the first modulation monsters.
Today I would call Bitwig a modulation monster... Any limitation like „200“ would not qualify. To be a monster it must not have a limit...

Tj Shredder wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:13 am Historically the Oberheim Matrix synths had been the first modulation monsters.
Today I would call Bitwig a modulation monster... Any limitation like „200“ would not qualify. To be a monster it must not have a limit...
OK, but the list of OP requirements only asked for "plenty of", not "unlimited", modulations. You added that requirement. "200" should meet most mere mortals definition of "plenty" in this context. :D
Windows 10 and too many plugins

kvotchin wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:04 pm

This is, however, already another thread wherein random people take offence at nothing of substance whatsoever, that didn't even happen, in an entirely different thread.
I'm assuming this is the thread being referred to:

viewtopic.php?f=74&t=521332

You aren't being very nice to people who are trying to help there, and you have a habit of throwing pseudo-insults at people without much provocation. I can certainly see whyterabbyt's point.

A friendly word of advice - just try to be a little more appreciative of people trying to help, and maybe tone down the attitude?
Sweet child in time...

I think we should just report this guy, who clearly is here to troll and throw pseudo-insults. I went through the other thread and it was just a more sophisticated way of trolling around.

Pointless threads, wasting the time of the folks who even bother to post useful replies.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”