VIs from Plugin Alliance

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Actually I envisage that this is just DS’s introduction to PA and there will be a version 2 with new features on the way.

I’m guessing here, but with the support of PA behind him, I’m sure he will be extra motivated to get new versions out there. I also imagine his other products will be re-released through PA.

lnikj wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:40 pm
kmonkey wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:46 am Given that their machinery is quantity and "sell am as much as you can" i am in doubt that this will be anything near well known players in VST industry.

They can stick their TMT up in their asses if you ask me. We at least know it takes a lot more then random seed of values - to make something sounding good.

Spare me their SSL endorsement which they are pointing so loudly in their synth PR nonsense (like SSL is producing synths gimme a break).

I've seen enough when a lot of crowd over at Gearslutz pointed out that their latest SSL endorsed plugin is shipped with absolutely broken metering (so much about SSL actually checking plugins they endorse ). You would think that guys over at SSL can spot bad loudness meters right? You can start up on page 6 and read around 30 pages of silence from PA (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/product ... ins-6.html ). Apparently that bug is reported even years ago in their Neve channel strips but no one from PA cared. And Dirk was acting superior. That's it.

And most of the amateurs were satisfied with "ehhh...disregard meters plugin sounds good".

So i am doubting their "synth" expertise is up to the task.
Whatever else you might think of PA and Dirk (not a lot here!) I have complete faith that Mike and Josh at UA will deliver something spectacular with the synth they are working on.
So do you still think about "spectacular" thing ? As i see 8 pages later - release is pretty underwhelming (and that's a good word).

IMO they can't compete with strong boys in arena. And i was right. They are all for quantity (read gimme more sales and that's it) - not for quality. Just look they packed existing synth and raised price. I mean what the hell like just what the f***?? I guess Apple business model is their hero.

I have yet to see their SEM version. If that doesn't deliver i won't even bother with their "award winning" synths.

LION IS COMING:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

martinjuenke wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:42 pm LION IS COMING:
Why does it say "Thorn and bx_oberhausen are out now"?
I've seen Thorn there for a while now, but I checked and bx_oberhausen is not.

Because that's an ad from the May edition of a magazine.

Ok, so it's back to the future.
I need a DeLorean. :hihi:

jsp1979 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:51 am Because that's an ad from the May edition of a magazine.
Magazines sure do have ambitious calendars.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

martinjuenke wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:42 pm LION IS COMING:
Oh I get it. Those little things at the top look like mini versions of some of their plugins. I spot a Maag Airband and their Chorus pedal, I think that’s a metal amp on the end, taken from the RockRack.

The SEM though, I’m not too familiar with it, it kind of looks a bit basic, but basic doesn’t mean bad necessarily. If it were bad, Brainworx wouldn’t have modelled it in the first place.

I’ll be interested in hearing this.

Return to “Instruments”