Sylenth1 in 2019

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Sylenth1

My main synths include Serum and Diva, aswell as the ableton native synths. I know serum can do everything Sylenth1 can do and more but I still cant stop myself from wanting to make the purchase anyway. The things I like about it are the way it sounds, the cpu usage, and the filters. Anyone have any input to help talk me in or out of purchasing it?

Go for it, you can even pay in installments until you own it for 10 pops a month.

Yes, it sounds great. Surprisingly it still sounds the same as it did 4 months ago in 2018.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:26 pm Yes, it sounds great. Surprisingly it still sounds the same as it did 4 months ago in 2018.
:lol: :hihi: I see what you did there. :clap:

canaden wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:15 pm My main synths include Serum and Diva, aswell as the ableton native synths. I know serum can do everything Sylenth1 can do and more but I still cant stop myself from wanting to make the purchase anyway. The things I like about it are the way it sounds, the cpu usage, and the filters. Anyone have any input to help talk me in or out of purchasing it?
You must buy it. The 2 best in class VA and Wavetable synths are not enough, you definitely need Sylenth1 :wink: Any one with GAS must buy more synths. Period. :hihi:
Last edited by exponent1 on Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

canaden wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:15 pm I know serum can do everything Sylenth1 can do and more...
Not really. Having two filters that can be in parallel opens up different sound possibilities. Sylenth1 finally got swing for the arp so I'm happy about that. I really don't mind it's simplicity.

Yes, although obviously limited in terms of features, Sylenth1 still sounds great. I got it recently just for its sound. It's a classic software synth, just like a Model D or a Prophet 5 are classic hardware synths.
Last edited by Yorrrrrr on Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I own over 100 VST synths. I don't own Sylenth1.

That should tell you something.

tells me a lot.

Sylenth1 is the shiz.

I still love its crunchy analog sound and the huge preset base is a bonus too. Other synths may be more versatile but their raw sonic qualities don’t quite measure up.

Some folks complain about the effects but they are all very musical to my ears.

Thankfully recent factory skins look quite sleek and modern as the look was always a put off.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:37 pm
canaden wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:15 pm I know serum can do everything Sylenth1 can do and more...
Not really. Having two filters that can be in parallel opens up different sound possibilities. Sylenth1 finally got swing for the arp so I'm happy about that. I really don't mind it's simplicity.
I agree. There are other synths that can do that too. Surge for example, which is now a free synth can do this. Even Synthmaster can do this.

wagtunes wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:43 pm I own over 100 VST synths. I don't own Sylenth1.

Because you're the standard ?
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:33 pm
wagtunes wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:43 pm I own over 100 VST synths. I don't own Sylenth1.

Because you're the standard ?
No, because I buy just about everything. But Sylenth1 is so basic and so outclassed by so many synths today that, at the price it costs, it isn't even close to being worth it. Of course nobody has brought up how much this relatively basic synth (by today's standards) is compared to synths that blow it out of the water for the same amount of money OR less.

I mean, I still use a lot of Sylenth1 myself, However its more in thats built into my workflow. It was one of the First Synths I ever bought and I taught myself Synthesis using it, so Im incredibly familiar with it's interface and workflow, as well as having a large collection of Presets for quick accessibility. It's the "Ol Reliable Freind" in a way. Just by instinct I fond myself putting it in songs and using it for layering..
In 2019...I don't know honestly. It's still great but if I was starting now instead of 2014, Ana 2 is really really good, little higher CPU however. And Hive, I don't own Hive but I see people who love it, Hive 2 is likley going to be released soon, and Urs is a tremendous guy and Dev, so thats a good option too.

If the Only Synths you have are Serum and Diva I think you'd benifit by Sylenth1 (Or Hive). Both of those synths you own, as im sure you are aware, are High CPU users, especially Diva. The special thing that made Sylenth1 so successful for such a relatively basic synth, In my eyes, is that Low CPU usage for a HIGH quality sound. That could really be helpful for just Quick sounds, Layering, stuff like that.
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: classic wag. Please tell us next which is your best selling soundset :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Instruments”