Sylenth1 in 2019

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Sylenth1

Sylenth1 costs $157.85 (Euro to US conversion currently)

Let's see what we can get for $157 or less

ANA 2 - $111.29
Arcsyn - $90.22
Synthmaster - $99

And then, for just $20 to $30 more, a crap ton of synths that blow Sylenth1, sound wise and feature wise TOTALLY out of the water.

So why would I spend $157 on a synth that isn't even close to a $99 synth?

If Sylenth1 sold for $100, I'd say go for it. It's got a decent, if not great sound.

Lenner priced the synth when there was very little competition and it probably was just about the best thing out there for the money. Those days are LONG gone. How he continues to make sales against today's competition boggles my mind. Hell, for $22 more I can get Dune 3 which makes Sylenth1 look like a toy.

That's why I don't own Sylenth1 and never will.

Lennard
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:57 pm Lennard
Yeah, I was never great at spelling. So shoot me.

wagtunes wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:56 pm Sylenth1 costs $157.85 (Euro to US conversion currently)

ANA 2 - $111.29
Arcsyn - $90.22
Synthmaster - $99

And then, for just $20 to $30 more, a crap ton of synths that blow Sylenth1, sound wise and feature wise TOTALLY out of the water.

If Sylenth1 sold for $100, I'd say go for it. It's got a decent, if not great sound.

Lenner priced the synth when there was very little competition and it probably was just about the best thing out there for the money. Those days are LONG gone. How he continues to make sales against today's competition boggles my mind. Hell, for $22 more I can get Dune 3 which makes Sylenth1 look like a toy.

Features aren't everything. Ableton Suite is more Expensive then Cubase, Ableton has nowhere NEAR some of the Advanced Composition abilities of Cubase, But Live's workflow is wonderful fast and inutive, contributing to the success of the Program, especially amoung younger musicians. To bring that comparison to this, Sylenth is similar, It's simple, its easy, Its fast, and its Warm. Thats why after all these years It's still used.
What I mean is just because Dune 3 Does Wavetables, and Synthmaster does...Like...Everything :hihi: dosen't necessarily make sylenth not worth the Money. The Sound is still one of the Best in the market in My Opinion, the Workflow is top notch, and the Preset libraries you GET with the program and also can Buy online are limitless.

Plus you can get it for a reasonable 9.99$ a month now to lol.
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

Spencer Maddox wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:05 pm
wagtunes wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:56 pm Sylenth1 costs $157.85 (Euro to US conversion currently)

ANA 2 - $111.29
Arcsyn - $90.22
Synthmaster - $99

Features aren't everything. Ableton Suite is more Expensive then Cubase, Ableton has nowhere NEAR some of the Advanced Composition abilities of Cubase, But Live's workflow is wonderful fast and inutive, contributing to the success of the Progam.To bring that comparison to this, Sylenth is similar, It's simple, its easy, Its fast, and its Warm. Thats why after all these years It's still used.
What I mean is just because Dune 3 Does Wavetables, and Synthmaster does...Like...Everything :hihi: dosen't necessarily make sylenth not worth the Money. The Sound is still one of the Best in the market in My Opinion, the Workflow is top notch, and the Preset libraries you GET with the program and also can Buy online are limitless.

Plus you can get it for a reasonable 9.99$ a month now to lol.
Well, like you said. In your opinion.

And I'll leave it at that because honestly, I care about as much as I care what Donald Trump had for breakfast this morning.

It's still the one i get the best results very quickly. Others can do these things too but sylenth doesn't interupt my ideas or workflow by setting things up complicated.

I took a look at Sylenth1. Not for me. The price is very high and its NFR after one transfer. #NONFR There was nothing about it's sound that I can't achieve with other synths I have. So, ultimately no value-add for me. Easy to ignore. :phones:

I think it's probably a bit overpriced these days - So I get what Wags is saying.

That said, I really like the sound and it's very easy to dial in what I need really fast. But if you want more bells and whistles then it's not going to suit everyone.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

If you need Sylenth1, get it. If not, don't.

canaden wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:15 pm My main synths include Serum and Diva, aswell as the ableton native synths. I know serum can do everything Sylenth1 can do and more but I still cant stop myself from wanting to make the purchase anyway. The things I like about it are the way it sounds, the cpu usage, and the filters. Anyone have any input to help talk me in or out of purchasing it?
If you like it get it... with Serum and Diva it is good to have a less CPU consuming synth on hand.

+ thousands and thousands of presets available, you'll never run out of sounds
+ perfect for electronic music (edm, trance...), you don't need any other synth to make a hit
+ a lot of people are using it, you'll always find someone who can share a patch, a tutorial with you if needed
- not the most powerful synth on the market
- not the best sounding synth ever
- its price = its hype, not its real power
- becomes nfr after the first transfer

Should I add "imho" ? Of course, if I'm the one writing it, it's imho, not my uncle's...
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

canaden wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:15 pm My main synths include Serum and Diva, aswell as the ableton native synths. I know serum can do everything Sylenth1 can do and more but I still cant stop myself from wanting to make the purchase anyway. The things I like about it are the way it sounds, the cpu usage, and the filters. Anyone have any input to help talk me in or out of purchasing it?

I don't know man... I see u-he Hive 1.2 as the Sylenth1 of 2019. I consider Hive to be an updated and improved Sylenth1 that also includes wavetables import with a light cpu usage. Hive 2 is around the corner and if I'm not mistaken, you buy Hive now and you'll get the update for free.

At least you can install Hive and Sylenth1 demo versions to compare and see which one you prefer.

sinemotor wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:25 pm

I don't know man... I see u-he Hive 1.2 as the Sylenth1 of 2019. I consider Hive to be an updated and improved Sylenth1 that also includes wavetables import with a light cpu usage. Hive 2 is around the corner and if I'm not mistaken, you buy Hive now and you'll get the update for free.

At least you can install Hive and Sylenth1 demo versions to compare and see which one you prefer.
No, the upgrade will cost 20 or 30$ (can't remember exactly) to Hive 1.2 owners. And I agree with all you said. Hive 2 has a huge hit potential, imho.

Actually, I don't quite understand why Lennard seem to have rested upon its laurels all this time. Overconfidence too much? Or is a Sylenth2 in the works?
Last edited by Sinisterbr on Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ANA 2 - $111.29
Arcsyn - $90.22
Synthmaster - $99

Agreed.

Sinisterbr wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:19 pm No, the upgrade will cost 20 or 30$ (can't remember exactly) to Hive 1.2 owners. And I agree with all you said. Hive 2 has a huge hit potential, imho.
Actually it's 20€ for Hive 1 users who bought it before January 20, 2019. Free update if you bought Hive after that date.
Last edited by sinemotor on Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”