VST3 in Delphi

DSP, Plug-in and Host development discussion.
vasyan
KVRist
183 posts since 17 Feb, 2013 from Krasnoyarsk, Siberia, RU

Post Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:02 am

Vokbuz wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:09 am
OT: Russian programmers more likely to say "говнокод". Bad code is a very polite translation. No offence. :)

Well, this is also an option, mostly young programmers uses. Those who are now around 50 years and older do not use the word "говнокод" :D

vasyan
KVRist

Re: VST3 in Delphi

Post Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:19 am

Eduur wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:03 pm
I don't get the errors you get, in fact everything compiles cleanly. What version are you using?
Hi Eduur!
I mainly use Delphi XE8. But I also have the latest Delphi 10.3.
Checked your code on Delphi XE8. But now I'm busy, so I can check your plugins any time soon on Delphi 10.3.
Eduur wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:03 pm
On AnsiStrings/string. String is the default preferred way of working with strings in Delphi.
I am comparing with C source code (ftypes.h), where types are defined like this:

Code: Select all

uchar   = AnsiChar;
    char8   = AnsiChar;
    puchar   = ^uchar;
    pchar8   = ^char8;
    char16 = WideChar;
    pchar16 = PWideChar;
In Delphi XE - string = WideString
in older Delphi versions - string = AnsiString
Often faced with the problem of inoperability of plugins due to this circumstance.

vasyan
KVRist

Post Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:09 pm

I would also like to implement this work in Lazarus/FPC. But I still haven’t found the working code of the plugins on Lazarus, because there is a unrecoverable bug when trying to make GUI form visible.

tor.helge.skei
KVRist
392 posts since 30 May, 2007

Post Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:50 am

nice! after a lengthy 'affair' with c++, i'm getting back to my favourite programming language, and will certainly have a look at this! (i'm using fpc in linux, though)

vasyan
KVRist

Post Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:47 pm

tor.helge.skei wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:50 am
nice! after a lengthy 'affair' with c++, i'm getting back to my favourite programming language, and will certainly have a look at this! (i'm using fpc in linux, though)
:tu:
Working in C++ and similar languages is in my opinion a peculiar fashion. I also dislike this tendency of C++ leadership in the audio programming world. After all, you must agree that Pascal is more beautiful than C++, it's like writing in Pascal is comparable to poetry, and in C++ you get prose.
The time has come to create serious cross-platform libraries for the Object Pascal (Delphi/Lazarus)!
I will promote this process in every way! :wink:

Return to “DSP and Plug-in Development”