Best all in one synth for beginners?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Last edited by rlared on Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The thread has been reported so we can stop complaining about it. Just stop commenting, which I'm now about to do, and it will go away. Problem solved.

Vertion wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:50 pm Such threads produce virtually no value for readers.
at least you added some value.

wagtunes wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:01 pm The thread has been reported
For what? :o

Funny, no one ever reports SampleTank being in the wrong forum. (Belongs in Samplers, etc.)
Or when Will K. is blasting us with multiple threads on multiple sub-forums more suited to his own forum with a bunch of profiles recently created 'discussing' them.
Generally, everyone knows this is the forum that gets seen the most and therefore jumps into it whether it belongs here or not. Or whether the posters are even real or just a created strawdawg profile for the sake of promotion. Seems like a "newbie" should be given the most consideration instead of the least.

BBFG# wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:44 pm Or when Will K. is blasting us with multiple threads on multiple sub-forums more suited to his own forum with a bunch of profiles recently created 'discussing' them.
Actually I do every single time he creates a new one for "updates" or any stupid things like this. And it produces strictly no result. The threads are still here.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

Spire

chk071 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:08 pm
I think Wags did. You know, Because reporting a new member for an Innocent mistake is a Nice thing to Do /s
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

Spencer Maddox wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:34 pm
chk071 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:08 pm
I think Wags did. You know, Because reporting a new member for an Innocent mistake is a Nice thing to Do /s
Actually, no, I didn't report the thread. I just happen to know it was and I'll leave it at that.

I would suggest a slightly different approach for the OP. Synthmaster is a great choice for overall bang for the buck. But for a very first synth to be used as a learning device, I would recommend just sticking with a more focused subtractive-only instrument. Take a look a Rob Papen Preditor 2. It's got a massive range (and an ocean of presets). A beginner could easily be distracted with extras like wave-table capability. By the time one learns all that can be done with an instrument like Predator 2, considerable time will likely have passed and maybe the budget will then accommodate an additional instrument with more bells and whistles.

There are other worthy subtractive-only synths - some of them free or inexpensive. But Predator 2 would be a great starting place that would not be outgrown no matter how much sophistication a beginner might develop.

Has this been mentioned?
https://www.audiodamage.com/collections ... d033-basic

"commercial-quality low-cost three oscillator subtractive mono-synth available for the educational market."

ie, it's designed to teach synthesis.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

just starting out? a beginner? be smart, learn with free synths. then move on to
bigger guns if you feel you need them. :idea:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Danilo Villanova wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:19 pm I'm sorry for posting in the wrong section (maybe a mod can move the thread?). Thanks to all who responded. I will go with one of the free substractive ones and go as far as I can with it.
No problem. Thread moved.
No longer a moderator.

Danilo Villanova wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:19 pm I'm sorry for posting in the wrong section (maybe a mod can move the thread?). Thanks to all who responded. I will go with one of the free substractive ones and go as far as I can with it.
Good call. If you feel like you want to go further, get a good payware synth. :)

Steinbergs Halion 6.
AMD Ryzen 3900X & RX 5700XT, 128GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Waldorf Blofeld & Pulse 2, Akai MAX49 & MPD226, Steinberg UR44 & CMC controllers
Cubase Pro 13, Nuendo 13, Wavelab Pro 12, Dorico Pro 5, Rapid Composer v5, FL Studio 21

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”