Evabeat MELODY SAUCE alternative

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there,

Am using Live 10 (Win 10) and I just found this little device which is pretty interesting. I always want to find a VST which can generate a phrase (user can define Key) like MELODY SAUCE or even FL's Riff machine. However, by watching the demo of MELODY SAUCE, I found it is more robust then Riff machine. That being said, I'd like to seek you guys advise just in case there is some other alternative that worth to take a look in the market. Please share.

Thank you
Cowby

Just adding my .02 cents regarding Riff Machine. The beauty of Riff Machine is its simplicity. With it being essentially a macro that uses piano roll scores for input it does extremely well when you personalize it with your own scores in the proper folders. They are very straightforward. The instructions take 5 minutes to read and comprehend, and you can use the other scores included as a reference.

Apologies if you already know this.

I am not aware of any alternative and tbh FLS´s Riff machine never worked for me, but this Melody Sauce is every penny worth imho...

I bought it immediately after seeing the vids and had really a lot of fun with it in the last 24h...
It works really good and comes up with neat melody ideas... and that´s, what I use it for:

Hit the button until you hear something you like, take this as a starting point and work it out further... we are already best friends!!! :tu:

If you use Live 10 anyway and you want to have a plugin like this: Do yourself a favour and get yourself a copy... 8)

"Cthulhu of Xfer, is a VST that is both a Chord Mapper and a Sweet Arp. " - Peter Guy from Family Griffin

Make an Ephen Song:
Cthulhu can write a whole song, not just the melodies.

Chain 2 Cthulhu's together, the first one keep the latch down, turn the arp on the first one down to 1 or 2 bars or so. This output goes to the second Cthulhu, which maps to a new chord, and a new arp at a faster rate. You can also automate the pattern parameter mid-pattern for more sophisticated melodies.

OR Chain 3 together, setting first arp to 16 bars, second to 2 bars, and the third to 1/4 to 1/16 or so, you'll essentially have a whole song maker, then just hit the randomize button on the last arp in the chain for melodies galore. FAT TIP!
SLH - Yes, I am a woman, deal with it.

We’re very happy to announce that we’ve just released our new MelodySauce VST/AU plugin.

The VST features a completely redesigned interface, new creation controls and improved generative algorithms, and is compatible with most DAWs.

It's available to buy now on our website www.evabeat.com (introductory price of £29.99). If you’d like to know more please see below, thanks:

Promo Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1nm86LBnFM

MelodySauce is a powerful MIDI melody creator VST, which uses advanced generative algorithms to help you create instrumental melodies in your DAW as MIDI. Designed as a co-creation tool for anyone making music in pop and EDM styles, it provides a quick and unlimited source of melodies and melodic inspiration, created for you at the click of a button.

Thank you for taking a look! :)

Charlie
EVABEAT

demo version?

I didn't know about riff machine, I'll have to dowload the newest FL studio. haven't used it for years

is there a try-before-you-buy version?
Xpoes

W10, Reaper, Intel Core i7 9700F (8x Core) @4.7GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970, 32 GB RAM, FluidAudio SRI-2, Nektar Impact LX61+

My favourite melody generator is RapidComposer. This can also take care of the melodies matching the harmony of your song.

Rapid composer is very powerful for sure but I find it´s layout and GUI very academic... and overly complicated...
For such apps I prefer Feel your Sound´s Sundog Studio

Something like Melody sauce or Riffer need a lot work afterwards but their beauty is in their simplicity...
For me, I don´t need a production assistant but an idea creation machine and especially Melody Sauce (for me) fits this bill to 100%

I've looked to find non-hype reviews to get a more realistic idea of what Melody Sauce is like, since there is no demo version I can try. The realistic reviews I found said it was just a random note generator fit to the scale, and rythym generation was very repetitive. Some people who claim they bought it say they regret it, and there are no refunds.

Lots of hype and marketing, no demo version, and no refunds. I'm guessing if somehow it's a real idea and not a marketing gimmick, they will eventually have competitors who have time-limited demo versions available to try.
SLH - Yes, I am a woman, deal with it.

I have Melody Sauce. It's not exactly "random notes", but the algos are fairly predictable and there aren't a lot of option. When you write a melody by hand (using no helper plugins), it involves looking at the harmonies and rhythms of the the rest of the song, knowing which notes create tension and which resolve over the current chord etc. Melody Sauce doesn't have any of those concepts and doesn't look at any other parts of the song, so most of the things it comes up with end up sounding like arpeggios or step sequences rather than true melodies.
They aren't useless, after all we use simple up/down arpeggios all the time, and this is far more interesting. However it's not exactly a "melody creator".

AdvancedFollower wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:12 am I have Melody Sauce. It's not exactly "random notes", but the algos are fairly predictable and there aren't a lot of option. When you write a melody by hand (using no helper plugins), it involves looking at the harmonies and rhythms of the the rest of the song, knowing which notes create tension and which resolve over the current chord etc. Melody Sauce doesn't have any of those concepts and doesn't look at any other parts of the song, so most of the things it comes up with end up sounding like arpeggios or step sequences rather than true melodies.
They aren't useless, after all we use simple up/down arpeggios all the time, and this is far more interesting. However it's not exactly a "melody creator".
I think, you use it the wrong way...
Without any hype, I don´t find the algo´s very predictable (it creates a wide range of varieties) and it´s not meant to create melody variations to fit into an existing arrangement as it only cares about the scale but has (and cannot have) no clue about your progression and their corresponding notes...

A tool like Melody Sauce or Riffer (while Riffer is too random for me) is imho meant to be used in first place and not afterwards, meaning you use it in a blank project to create melody ideas you like and either built your progressions around this idea or/and treat it relevant to the progression you have in mind...

About the complaints mentioned before about being disapointed about the product...
All I can say: It does exactly, what it is advertised at... at least for electronic type of tracks... what it spits out is easily noticeable in the demo vids... if you don´t like this type of EDM melodies... well...then it´s the wrong product for you...

Is it mean to say one of the alternatives would be... learning music?

Vertion wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:36 pm I've looked to find non-hype reviews to get a more realistic idea of what Melody Sauce is like, since there is no demo version I can try. The realistic reviews I found said it was just a random note generator fit to the scale, and rythym generation was very repetitive. Some people who claim they bought it say they regret it, and there are no refunds.

Lots of hype and marketing, no demo version, and no refunds. I'm guessing if somehow it's a real idea and not a marketing gimmick, they will eventually have competitors who have time-limited demo versions available to try.
Just to add, we absolutely do offer refunds to anyone who’s not completely happy and purchased directly from us (within 7 days of purchase). I think the post you may have seen about no refunds was from someone who’d purchased the plugin via a particular distributor who has their own refund policy.

Melody Sauce is something a little different, and as Trancit pointed out getting the most out of it does to some extent rely on using it the right way. We’re producing some tutorial videos to help.

We do believe that for quick out-and-out melody/hook inspiration for the commercial end of pop, EDM and RnB, Melody Sauce is hard to beat compared to other alternatives at the moment. Of course there’s always room for improvement and we’re releasing regular updates :)

In the meantime here are some independent YouTube reviews:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vakUiPNJgg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MNr1L-qO9w&t=14s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Kgff6tfnOg

I hope that helps!
EVAbeat

Return to “Instruments”