PRODUCTS
Sylenth1

I don’t f**king want guitar lessons

https://twitter.com/joecharman/status/1 ... 94?lang=en

sqigls wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:14 am I don’t f**king want guitar lessons

https://twitter.com/joecharman/status/1 ... 94?lang=en
Im going to save that one :hihi:

RamblinWreck wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:58 am
dionenoid wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:14 pm If you're looking for an alternative with more bells and whistles, check out Spire.
I'm amazed it took until page 4 for Spire to get mentioned. It's one of my absolute favorites; it sounds absolutely phenomenal and is very powerful as well. I feel about Spire the way a lot of people in this thread feel about Sylenth. It just has a sound that I can't get enough of.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=522210&p=7349123&hi ... e#p7349123

;)

But, yeah, it's KVR after all, so, the obvious stuff won't get mentioned too often.

Im surprised that people focus so much in to the feature set and arguing like that would define the synthesizer quality without taking in to consideration the sound and a taste for it :) Generaly speaking you are using synths for music making and if you dont like the sound or like why to even argue about something or saying that its better or worse :) its like saying that bananas are better then apples because you like their taste more :)

Elektronisch wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:51 am Im surprised that people focus so much in to the feature set and arguing like that would define the synthesizer quality without taking in to consideration the sound and a taste for it :) Generaly speaking you are using synths for music making and if you dont like the sound or like why to even argue about something or saying that its better or worse :) its like saying that bananas are better then apples because you like their taste more :)
Comparing two synths is not the same as comparing apples to bananas. I'm not even going to bother explaining why because it would be about as pointless as this argument.

proof's in the pudding mate

Elektronisch wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:51 am Im surprised that people focus so much in to the feature set and arguing like that would define the synthesizer quality without taking in to consideration the sound and a taste for it :) Generaly speaking you are using synths for music making and if you dont like the sound or like why to even argue about something or saying that its better or worse :) its like saying that bananas are better then apples because you like their taste more :)
The first choice i'd propose would be Sylenth1, if you really want that exact sound. The second would be Spire, because i think it is close enough, while, for me, even having the edge over Sylenth1 for many sounds. TBH, i rarely turn to Sylenth1, even though i own it for a while now. I sometimes boot it up, when i remember that i have it, only to see that i vastly prefer Spire and its sound, and that the feature set is quite limiting. You know, i'm sure it was a great synth back in 2007, but, i (personally) think there's better stuff nowadays. One plus which is unbeatable is that it's very low on ressources. But then, with computers as powerful as they are these days (i read that someone could run 70-100 tracks and 30 instrument tracks on a i7-2600 which is less powerful than my CPU, which is quite long in the teeth as well now...), i don't know how much of an argument that still is.

I once again laughed about some of the proposals in this thread again though. :D "You know nothing, Jon Snow."

I'm laughing at the proposal that Spire sounds good. :lol:

Synths are like Spices. They each have their own flavor. You either like that taste or you don't.

I hate the taste of Dill but I know people who put it on everything. Does that mean Dill is a good or bad spice ? Yes to both. :wink:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:18 am I'm laughing at the proposal that Spire sounds good. :lol:
Fair enough. I laughed my ass off at the guy who did several albums with his band, and called Dune more punchy and aggressive than Sylenth1. ;) Laugh of the century really. It rather sounds soft like my anus. Proof again that it doesn't matter how much music you made, you still can be a total noob, and sit on your ears.

chk071 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:23 am
Teksonik wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:18 am I'm laughing at the proposal that Spire sounds good. :lol:
It rather sounds soft like my anus....you still can be a total noob, and sit on your ears.
Yes you and your anus are proof of that......... :lol:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:18 am I hate the taste of Dill but I know people who put it on everything. Does that mean Dill is a good or bad spice ? Yes to both. :wink:
Neither! Dill is a herb :wink:

wagtunes wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:01 am
Comparing two synths is not the same as comparing apples to bananas. I'm not even going to bother explaining why because it would be about as pointless as this argument.
Wags, you dont understand my point :) synth sound can be just a taste (not every synth can sound exactly the same) and thats what im comparing like apple taste different to bananas and someone like it more then the other :) and therefore comparing feature set like it would define the synth is a bit wount matter as much if the sound is not something that might appeal to the user :) why i brough that up is because sometimes people can be just biased and start involve things like versitility, zero delay feedback filters, analog modeled stuff, wooden panels (or anything that imagination brings) that still do not change the fact the most important in the end is sound you like :)

Teksonik wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:28 am Yes you and your anus are proof of that......... :lol:
Good job shrinking the quote so that it doesn't make any sense at all anymore. ;)

chk071 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:33 am
Teksonik wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:28 am Yes you and your anus are proof of that......... :lol:
Good job shrinking the quote so that it doesn't make any sense at all anymore. ;)
It didn't make any sense in full...... :lol:

Anyway there's not much else to do at 4:30 in the morning so why not join a completely pointless discussion about synths.

On topic, Sylenth sounds just as good today as it did on day one but the sound of its competition has changed over the years.

You either like the sound of Sylenth 1 enough to add it your arsenal or you don't. Either way it's right.

It's like Schrödinger's Synth...it sounds both good and bad simultaneously ......... :wink:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:28 am
Teksonik wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:18 am I hate the taste of Dill but I know people who put it on everything. Does that mean Dill is a good or bad spice ? Yes to both. :wink:
Neither! Dill is a herb :wink:
Yes an herb which is used as a Spice..........

Dill (Anethum graveolens) is an annual herb in the celery family Apiaceae. It is the only species in the genus Anethum. Dill is grown widely in Eurasia where its leaves and seeds are used as a herb or spice for flavouring food.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dill

You can tell the "it's an herb" response was predicted..... :lol:

Return to “Instruments”