[PreSonus Studio One] Music | Design | Film | VFX Production Resource

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Professional

I really wish they'd allow you to copy and paste knob values or at the very least input the knob value with your keyboard.

I hope that comes in a release soon.

Update notes for 4.1.3 added to page one.

One week and two days after the last one... :o
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

THE INTRANCER wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:50 pm Update notes for 4.1.3 added to page one.

Apparently there were a few serious bugs in 4.1.2 regarding loop and bend markers, which were messing up peoples' songs if they relied on those features. Obviously if you saved the song in 4.1.2 and didn't have a backup, your song was basically FUBAR.
They also fixed a crash bug ("Crash on opening the Musical Editor by double-clicking a selected event which has no focus).

It's good that they fixed the bugs so quickly, but really, that shouldn't have gotten past the Beta phase.

AdvancedFollower wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:32 pm
THE INTRANCER wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:50 pm Update notes for 4.1.3 added to page one.

Apparently there were a few serious bugs in 4.1.2 regarding loop and bend markers, which were messing up peoples' songs if they relied on those features. Obviously if you saved the song in 4.1.2 and didn't have a backup, your song was basically FUBAR.
They also fixed a crash bug ("Crash on opening the Musical Editor by double-clicking a selected event which has no focus).

It's good that they fixed the bugs so quickly, but really, that shouldn't have gotten past the Beta phase.
Yeah, I was aware of the 'Bend Marker' issue from comments there had been, but curiously.. it isn't an aspect that concerned me as I didn't really use it I don't think, so wasn't a big concern. Also, I've had no crashes since picking up from where I left off with the track I was working on.

I'm just wondering if this will be the last of the loose ends, tied off before the 4.5 release which given the release pattern we have now, I'd expect to be in May which is just 4 months away. Given the massive number of things that have had to be fixed thus far... I'm pretty wary of upgrading to it, even it is free.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Sadly, no big updates for NAMM.

THE INTRANCER wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:01 pm I'm just wondering if this will be the last of the loose ends, tied off before the 4.5 release which given the release pattern we have now, I'd expect to be in May which is just 4 months away. Given the massive number of things that have had to be fixed thus far... I'm pretty wary of upgrading to it, even it is free.
They released 3.2 and 3.3 along with some minor patches for each before getting to 3.5. I don't think there's any guarantee they would jump from 4.1 to 4.5. My guess is 4.2 will come out in early spring and include some new features and enhancements. Hopefully improvements to the Drum and Pattern editors. My wish for 4.5 is a major MIDI overhaul including MPE. Probably wishful thinking.

Why does the thread title look like a math formula?
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:04 am They released 3.2 and 3.3 along with some minor patches for each before getting to 3.5. I don't think there's any guarantee they would jump from 4.1 to 4.5. My guess is 4.2 will come out in early spring and include some new features and enhancements. Hopefully improvements to the Drum and Pattern editors. My wish for 4.5 is a major MIDI overhaul including MPE. Probably wishful thinking.
There was also a two month gap between 3.56 and the release of 4.0, and also a year between the 3.50 and 4.0. Prior to this, there was a two year cycle of updates to get to 3.5. And 21 months between 2.6 and 3.0.

I guess it's either the hour glass shape or the regular tube style of approach they are doing like some other DAW developers. We'll know by May to have a clearer picture..

They need drag region to repitch it (tape timestretch), and/or a key command to increase/decrease region pitch (without maintaining time)....

Come on presonus get it done

It's been while since anyone posted here, so I'm posting this blow your head off demonstration of Studio One 4 (I ain't seen this guy before either btw lol). Also, if anyone hasn't already, you can catch up on the maintenance notes on page 1 which are up to date.

I can't help but get reminded of ' THE ACE OF SPADES!!!, THE ACE OF SPADES!!! by Motorhead out of my head after watching this for some reason :D...

( there's a mountain of user comments from people on youtube below that video which are rather interesting to read, highlighting their thoughts on Studio One 4 )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INqxl9sbpmU

Studio One 4.1.4 Update... expected to be released next week... :) Lets hope nothing is broken.

Why do I think that..?

Well here's a clue.

New in Studio One 4.1.4:

This is a simple maintenance update to add compatibility with the above mixer features
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:17 pm New in Studio One 4.1.4:

This is a simple maintenance update to add compatibility with the above mixer features
Yeah..what that basically implies though is that 4.1.4 is ready for the adjustments that have been made in regard to the updates to the hardware. Not that the features outlined are limited to these in the following maintenance update and that there will nothing else to speak of...

Will they support Komplete Kontrol Mk2?
That’s what I want to know. I’d love to actually be able to use it properly.

simmo75 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:38 pm Will they support Komplete Kontrol Mk2?
That’s what I want to know. I’d love to actually be able to use it properly.
I'm also interested in this. This is one of the reasons why at the moment I am not switching to s1 though I am still interested in s1.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”