Why will software people not admit hardware sounds better?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Robmobius wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:53 am Hardware does sound better... But it's a pain in the ass to use.

So, I'll stick to software.
Hehe, that's how i keep it as well. :tu:

Not that i would want to afford hardware anyway.

Well, it all depends on an individual.

There is always a bunch of whining wimps who cries that they need a Moog or a Virus to create a Sound, and a minority of talented independent artists who strong enough to create a hit with One Ping Only (if anybody remembers this piece of software art).

It's a question of decision, that's what I want to say.
Peace and tolerance

chk071 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:58 amTo be honest, i think this is 20% trolling, and 80% real opinion. Otherwise his threads like these wouldn't come up so frequently. It's OK, to each his opinion.
Now that is a little more perceptive. The right track but the distribution can be refined: 33% trolling, 33% boredom/attention whoring and 33% honest opinion.

And oh, these threads have come up with somewhat different motivations, so there is no straight line bewteen them, FYI.

IncarnateX wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:58 am
CinningBao wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:45 amIf you were my mate, IncarnateX, I'd call you a d!ck and tell you to shutup. Luckily you're not!
Excuse me, but who are you again and why would I care what you would have to say about anything or anyone in any possible world?
I am, as you are, nobody. If you think you're more, you're kidding yourself. However, I am the type of person who does not deliberately instigate arguments and tension. You, judging by your behaviour, _are_ one of those people. Your responses are a great example of this.
IncarnateX wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:58 am Did you get the impression at some point that I would like to befriend you? And do you really really really imagine that I would shut up because YOU told me so on a internet forum. Oh, dear. KVR narcissism in full bloom :nutter:
Er, no? If you'd care to read properly, I said IF. And I would certainly choose NOT to have a person like you in my life. Well detected! You _do_ have some sense about you! You with your ego all swollen out of proportion.. I'm sure you have a real good measure of the people around you, who choose to stay around.

Your words will now fall silently. Mutter on, 'nutter'.

IncarnateX wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:16 pm
chk071 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:58 amTo be honest, i think this is 20% trolling, and 80% real opinion. Otherwise his threads like these wouldn't come up so frequently. It's OK, to each his opinion.
Now that is a little more perceptive. The right track but the distribution can be refined: 33% trolling, 33% boredom/attention whoring and 33% honest opinion.

And oh, these threads have come up with somewhat different motivations, so there is no straight line bewteen them, FYI.
:)

TBH, i often felt the same in the past, when people argued that soft synths sound better than hardware. But then, i don't consider "better sounding" as super clean anti-aliased oscillators, and analog modelled filters. For me, it's more about character, and, a lot of hardware has plenty of that, while a lot of software seems to be stripped off any character. It's those damn millennials, they don't want tasty cheese or meat anymore as well. :P

CinningBao wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:36 pm I am (...) nobody.
Exactly. I will just leave it at that.

kangul wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:03 pm Well, it all depends on an individual.

There is always a bunch of whining wimps who cries that they need a Moog or a Virus to create a Sound, and a minority of talented independent artists who strong enough to create a hit with One Ping Only (if anybody remembers this piece of software art).

It's a question of decision, that's what I want to say.
give a spoon access to both, it's still a spoon.

IncarnateX wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:39 pm
CinningBao wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:36 pm I am (...) nobody.
Exactly. I will just leave it at that.
So smart; so clever.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”