Why will software people not admit hardware sounds better?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
chk071
KVRAF
19386 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Post Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:58 am

Robmobius wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:53 am
Hardware does sound better... But it's a pain in the ass to use.

So, I'll stick to software.
Hehe, that's how i keep it as well. :tu:

Not that i would want to afford hardware anyway.

kangul
KVRian
534 posts since 27 Oct, 2004

Re: Why will software people not admit hardware sounds better?

Post Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:03 am

Well, it all depends on an individual.

There is always a bunch of whining wimps who cries that they need a Moog or a Virus to create a Sound, and a minority of talented independent artists who strong enough to create a hit with One Ping Only (if anybody remembers this piece of software art).

It's a question of decision, that's what I want to say.
Peace and tolerance

IncarnateX
KVRAF
3802 posts since 25 Jan, 2009 from Forgotten Realms

Post Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:16 am

chk071 wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:58 am
To be honest, i think this is 20% trolling, and 80% real opinion. Otherwise his threads like these wouldn't come up so frequently. It's OK, to each his opinion.
Now that is a little more perceptive. The right track but the distribution can be refined: 33% trolling, 33% boredom/attention whoring and 33% honest opinion.

And oh, these threads have come up with somewhat different motivations, so there is no straight line bewteen them, FYI.

CinningBao
KVRAF
1839 posts since 15 Apr, 2004 from Capital City, UK

Post Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:36 am

IncarnateX wrote:
CinningBao wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:45 am
If you were my mate, IncarnateX, I'd call you a d!ck and tell you to shutup. Luckily you're not!
Excuse me, but who are you again and why would I care what you would have to say about anything or anyone in any possible world?
I am, as you are, nobody. If you think you're more, you're kidding yourself. However, I am the type of person who does not deliberately instigate arguments and tension. You, judging by your behaviour, _are_ one of those people. Your responses are a great example of this.
IncarnateX wrote:
Did you get the impression at some point that I would like to befriend you? And do you really really really imagine that I would shut up because YOU told me so on a internet forum. Oh, dear. KVR narcissism in full bloom :nutter:
Er, no? If you'd care to read properly, I said IF. And I would certainly choose NOT to have a person like you in my life. Well detected! You _do_ have some sense about you! You with your ego all swollen out of proportion.. I'm sure you have a real good measure of the people around you, who choose to stay around.

Your words will now fall silently. Mutter on, 'nutter'.

chk071
KVRAF
19386 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Post Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:37 am

IncarnateX wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:16 am
chk071 wrote:
To be honest, i think this is 20% trolling, and 80% real opinion. Otherwise his threads like these wouldn't come up so frequently. It's OK, to each his opinion.
Now that is a little more perceptive. The right track but the distribution can be refined: 33% trolling, 33% boredom/attention whoring and 33% honest opinion.

And oh, these threads have come up with somewhat different motivations, so there is no straight line bewteen them, FYI.
:)

TBH, i often felt the same in the past, when people argued that soft synths sound better than hardware. But then, i don't consider "better sounding" as super clean anti-aliased oscillators, and analog modelled filters. For me, it's more about character, and, a lot of hardware has plenty of that, while a lot of software seems to be stripped off any character. It's those damn millennials, they don't want tasty cheese or meat anymore as well. :P

IncarnateX
KVRAF
3802 posts since 25 Jan, 2009 from Forgotten Realms

Post Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:39 am

CinningBao wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:36 am
I am (...) nobody.
Exactly. I will just leave it at that.

vurt
addled muppet weed
42963 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:40 am

kangul wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:03 am
Well, it all depends on an individual.

There is always a bunch of whining wimps who cries that they need a Moog or a Virus to create a Sound, and a minority of talented independent artists who strong enough to create a hit with One Ping Only (if anybody remembers this piece of software art).

It's a question of decision, that's what I want to say.
give a spoon access to both, it's still a spoon.

CinningBao
KVRAF
1839 posts since 15 Apr, 2004 from Capital City, UK

Post Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:45 am

IncarnateX wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:39 am
CinningBao wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:36 am
I am (...) nobody.
Exactly. I will just leave it at that.
So smart; so clever.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”