What DAW Do You Hate?

Plug-in hosts and other software applications discussion

What DAW Do You Hate?

Poll ended at Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:16 am

Ableton Live
35
6%
Acoustica Mixcraft Pro Studio
2
0%
Apple GarageBand
24
4%
Apple Logic Pro
42
7%
Ardour
10
2%
Avid Pro Tools
53
9%
BandLab Sonar
12
2%
Bitwig Studio
17
3%
Cockos Reaper
62
11%
Harrison Mixbus
9
2%
Image-Line FL Studio
39
7%
Magix Acid Pro
2
0%
Magix Samplitude Pro X
10
2%
MOTU Digital Performer
4
1%
MuTools MuLab
2
0%
PreSonus Studio One
12
2%
Propellerhead Software Reason
15
3%
Renoise
3
1%
Steinberg Cubase
25
4%
Steinberg Nuendo
3
1%
Tracktion Software Waveform
10
2%
Hate is a negative emotion I don't give into
171
30%
 
Total votes: 562

User avatar
jancivil
KVRAF
17945 posts since 20 Oct, 2007 from No Location

Post Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:14 am

vurt wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:53 am
jack.

keeps shitting on my window.
he's saucy that way

fese
KVRian
960 posts since 14 Sep, 2004 from $HOME

Re: What DAW Do You Hate?

Post Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:14 am

AdvancedFollower wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:28 am
I don't understand how anyone could find the energy to hate a piece of software...

Well some Reaper fans can get a bit annoying, since they take every opportunity to go on about how awesome Reaper is... Nothing against that DAW, though.

E.g. someone posts asking for help because their mix sounds muddy... First reply:
"You need to cut the lows and remove a few elements to clean up the mix. BTW, I saw you're using Ableton Live. You should try Reaper!".

Or someone posts in the Off Topic forum asking for travel advice -
"You should visit Spain! BTW, have you tried Reaper?"
I think this is why a lot of people clicked "hate" here for Reaper. It's not the program itself, which granted looks like some Windows 95 shareware, but the Reaper Army that appear everywhere and try to convert you to their cult. They even insist on writing "REAPER" as if it is GOD. Not my thing...
DAWs are just tools. No need to get religious about it.

P.S.: You should try VIM!

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
43025 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Re: What DAW Do You Hate?

Post Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:15 am

jancivil wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:14 am
vurt wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:53 am
jack.

keeps shitting on my window.
he's saucy that way
:lol:

id forgot about him.

Psuper
KVRist
138 posts since 3 May, 2018

Re: What DAW Do You Hate?

Post Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:22 am

vurt wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:50 am
AdvancedFollower wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:28 am
I don't understand how anyone could find the energy to hate a piece of software...

Well some Reaper fans can get a bit annoying, since they take every opportunity to go on about how awesome Reaper is... Nothing against that DAW, though.

E.g. someone posts asking for help because their mix sounds muddy... First reply:
"You need to cut the lows and remove a few elements to clean up the mix. BTW, I saw you're using Ableton Live. You should try Reaper!".

Or someone posts in the Off Topic forum asking for travel advice -
"You should visit Spain! BTW, have you tried Reaper?"
i totally get where youre coming from.
i imagine they stop strangers on the street "can i interest you in a word about reaper?"
theyre everywhere :x


btw, have you tried reaper?
Quite the reverse here - just the same handful of easily identifiable clowns who just hate on Reaper and going on about those elusive 'ravenous reaper fannies'. And its those clowns themselves who get mighty defensive of their preferred DAW when compared with anything else.

Life tip 101.1 - Use what you enjoy until you no longer enjoy it, then do what you can to help or simply move on. If you need internet forums to endorse your preference and ego, you're doing it wrong.
Reason needs to DAW: Props develop the back-end, SDK, performance, options, GUI (no one else can). RE devs develop the now-expanding playground, we choose the rides. If Props insists on making devices, put them in the RE shop. All problems solved.

reggie1979
KVRist
301 posts since 26 Nov, 2018

Re: What DAW Do You Hate?

Post Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:26 am

THE INTRANCER wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:10 am
I hated having to try and learn the Pascal programming language back in 2005 as it was included in the first year of a Uni course I did, fortunately they allowed me to drop it and do something else without affecting my additional years I did.

As for the poll, the last option shouldn't have been included, that just provides a reason to cop out of deciding and thus the poll is pretty much inconclusive.
Exactly. How dare someone like something :hihi:

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
43025 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Re: What DAW Do You Hate?

Post Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:31 am

Psuper wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:22 am
vurt wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:50 am
AdvancedFollower wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:28 am
I don't understand how anyone could find the energy to hate a piece of software...

Well some Reaper fans can get a bit annoying, since they take every opportunity to go on about how awesome Reaper is... Nothing against that DAW, though.

E.g. someone posts asking for help because their mix sounds muddy... First reply:
"You need to cut the lows and remove a few elements to clean up the mix. BTW, I saw you're using Ableton Live. You should try Reaper!".

Or someone posts in the Off Topic forum asking for travel advice -
"You should visit Spain! BTW, have you tried Reaper?"
i totally get where youre coming from.
i imagine they stop strangers on the street "can i interest you in a word about reaper?"
theyre everywhere :x


btw, have you tried reaper?
Quite the reverse here - just the same handful of easily identifiable clowns who just hate on Reaper and going on about those elusive 'ravenous reaper fannies'. And its those clowns themselves who get mighty defensive of their preferred DAW when compared with anything else.

Life tip 101.1 - Use what you enjoy until you no longer enjoy it, then do what you can to help or simply move on. If you need internet forums to endorse your preference and ego, you're doing it wrong.
ah, "the ravenous reaper fannies"
i saw them supporting "crayfish sundae and the milkshakers" in 78, great year!

FapFilter
KVRist
71 posts since 29 Oct, 2015

Re: What DAW Do You Hate?

Post Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:32 am

As for the poll, the last option shouldn't have been included, that just provides a reason to cop out of deciding and thus the poll is pretty much inconclusive.
If it hadn't been included, those voices (including mine) simply weren't cast and wouldn't change the hate levels on each DAW at all.

I'm not pretending i dont know the feeling of hate, but certainly not for something as mundane as DAW, OS, phone, or socks unless one company is known for torturing their workers more than others or something like that.

THE INTRANCER
KVRian
918 posts since 30 Dec, 2014

Re: What DAW Do You Hate?

Post Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:39 am

FapFilter wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:32 am
As for the poll, the last option shouldn't have been included, that just provides a reason to cop out of deciding and thus the poll is pretty much inconclusive.
If it hadn't been included, those voices (including mine) simply weren't cast and wouldn't change the hate levels on each DAW at all.

I'm not pretending i dont know the feeling of hate, but certainly not for something as mundane as DAW, OS, phone, or socks unless one company is known for torturing their workers more than others or something like that.
But it permits the act of participating without actually committing, those who don't vote don't matter. It's like Brexit, you either vote to stay part of Europe or you don't... :lol:
THE INTRANCER-Digital 2D & 3D GUI / Music Artist - Orchestral Trance - Ambient - Film Scores | Soundcloud 27 | Soundclick 16 | Producing Music For 25+Years & Sound Monitoring FOH at UK Stadium/Festivals for Carl Cox, FatBoy Slim ect

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
43025 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Re: What DAW Do You Hate?

Post Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:41 am

yeah, and look at the shit storm that's caused :roll:

User avatar
donkey tugger
Boss Lovin' DR
5502 posts since 15 Mar, 2002 from the grimness of yorkshire

Re: What DAW Do You Hate?

Post Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:26 pm

I was told if I voted for Reaper I'd be given £350 million a week.. :x

BLMastering
KVRer
10 posts since 19 Jul, 2018

Re: What DAW Do You Hate?

Post Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:27 pm

Why the need for hate? :)

Mushy Mushy
KVRAF
11047 posts since 7 Sep, 2008

Re: What DAW Do You Hate?

Post Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:28 pm

donkey tugger wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:26 pm
I was told if I voted for Reaper I'd be given £350 million a week.. :x
:lol:

Reaxit?
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

User avatar
Spencer Maddox
KVRist
469 posts since 19 Oct, 2017 from a state of anxiety

Re: What DAW Do You Hate?

Post Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:29 pm

:party: alright MuLab is the last one with no Votes.
By acclimation MuLab is therefore officially deemed, “Best Daw”
Freinds Don't Let Freinds use Serum Presets

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
43025 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Re: What DAW Do You Hate?

Post Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:34 pm

BLMastering wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:27 pm
Why the need for hate? :)
keeps em off the street huffing gas and nicking wheel rims i guess :shrug:

reggie1979
KVRist
301 posts since 26 Nov, 2018

Re: What DAW Do You Hate?

Post Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:33 pm

Spencer Maddox wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:29 pm
:party: alright MuLab is the last one with no Votes.
By acclimation MuLab is therefore officially deemed, “Best Daw”
Don't be so positive, it's really just that nobody uses it.

Welcome to the Ramada, I'm here all week! Tip your waitresses!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”