Ozone 8 match eq

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Some might disagree but I find the design to be quite leading to use the pink/6dbguide as a reference. My question is whats the best way to tilt the overly bright result?

I agree, despite popular opinion, matching to pink noise tends to make things overly bright and fatiguing.

I would say let it do it's matching thing (Ozone 8 does it very well, using the lowest number of gentle curves as possible) and then back off high boosts a bit. Or if you want to flat tilt, there are good options for that (Venomode, Boz, Pro-Q3).

Using one EQ to compensate for another EQ's failings is not an ideal approach overall though.

MogwaiBoy wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:30 pm ...
Funny thing is the result is never a pink-like balance, its actually quite bright on both options. I think the idea here is to match but then tilt to whatever the song sounds better.

But it doesn't offer a tilt eq. Shelve options (with digital eq) does the trick but I can't determine which is best, surgical for example is flattest but too tricky with the mouse control.

What plug has the most accurate EQ matching??

iZotope should add a flat tilt to Ozone - they probably will in the next version (since they only bug fix current versions of plugins). In RX you can tune the shelves to extremely low Q values so they essentially become flat - a nice feature for offline stuff.

jbarish wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:16 pm What plug has the most accurate EQ matching??
You don't want narrow peaks on the matched curve, so most are pretty good (exception of melda eq's as they don't have infinite average and the analyzer menu is complicated, I couldn't replicate results similar enough to other plug-ins).

So it usually comes down to the quality of the eq as to resolution or how musical it smooths the response. For starers I'd advise those which I can further tweak to liking without opening another plug-in, later on research those who has benefits in matching (like; carve eq LR match option is pretty cool, or EQuivocate to me shines if matching one song to another is needed...)

I've been trying out Ozone 10's Match EQ recently. It works fine but I have to roll off some highs because it boosts those too much. It's a pretty good tool, and for whatever reason, works better in my system than Pro-Q which arbitrarily boosts the highs to extremely high levels.
If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bullshit.

Return to “Effects”