Tracktion Software Waveform
2%
Hate is a negative emotion I don't give into
30%

Total votes: 562

RELATED
PRODUCTS

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:26 am
reggie1979 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:30 pmMy only issue with Tracktion is the poof crashing.
So rich with possibilities, but I just daren't :lol: :lol:
No please, knock yourself out :D

machinesworking wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:43 am I'm surprised Reaper beat out Logic and Pro Tools as far as hate?
But overall another dumb thread...
Me, too. :( It just shows what people care about. Not the stability, or CPU efficiency, just propaganda, nice looking knobs, and price [in reverse].
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

fese wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:14 pm
AdvancedFollower wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:28 pm I don't understand how anyone could find the energy to hate a piece of software...

Well some Reaper fans can get a bit annoying, since they take every opportunity to go on about how awesome Reaper is... Nothing against that DAW, though.

E.g. someone posts asking for help because their mix sounds muddy... First reply:
"You need to cut the lows and remove a few elements to clean up the mix. BTW, I saw you're using Ableton Live. You should try Reaper!".

Or someone posts in the Off Topic forum asking for travel advice -
"You should visit Spain! BTW, have you tried Reaper?"
I think this is why a lot of people clicked "hate" here for Reaper. It's not the program itself, which granted looks like some Windows 95 shareware, but the Reaper Army that appear everywovehere and try to convert you to their cult. They even insist on writing "REAPER" as if it is GOD. Not my thing...
DAWs are just tools. No need to get religious about it.

P.S.: You should try VIM!
I do tend to write "Reaper" as opposed to "REAPER", because I find it looking bad [old school Internetist], but spelling it REAPER is the right spelling. Look it up.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

BLMastering wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:27 pm Why the need for hate? :)
Cos people are dumb like that? :clap:

FapFilter wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:32 pm Well, this quite often also applies to stuff like Apple or Linux.
Who gives a damn, they are all great tools with their own merits. Nothing more, nothing less
How about using WIndows? It doesn't apply to Windows for some reason? Because so many people use it? But why do so many people use it? Because it's been pushed on them by a powerful corporation with loads of money which can bribe anyone in the world, even your mother and your sister, and your cousin to make sure you use it, because that way they create a monopoly and they make money. Tons of money. Have you ever thought about it that way? I'm sure you haven't. :roll:

Besides, Windows is full of bugs and shitty code. I'll be dancing around the fire pissed to death when it finally goes away. And I'll piss on BG's grave, probably even release my vegan excrement on it, too. :party:

DuX wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:27 pm
BLMastering wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:27 pm Why the need for hate? :)
Cos people are dumb like that? :clap:
Pretty negative comment.

DuX wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:21 pm
machinesworking wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:43 am I'm surprised Reaper beat out Logic and Pro Tools as far as hate?
But overall another dumb thread...
Me, too. :( It just shows what people care about. Not the stability, or CPU efficiency, just propaganda, nice looking knobs, and price [in reverse].
It might have something to do with the fact that it's not very user friendly, especially for beginners.
It's also not the most complete and easy to use music making environment around. It's more of a tinkerer's sandbox with unlimited knobs, switches and pull-downs to play with. It's also got a very uninspiring interface for writing new songs, just like Protools. I see Reaper and Protools catering towards the engineering side of things.

How about using WIndows? It doesn't apply to Windows for some reason? Because so many people use it? But why do so many people use it? Because it's been pushed on them by a powerful corporation with loads of money which can bribe anyone in the world, even your mother and your sister, and your cousin to make sure you use it, because that way they create a monopoly and they make money. Tons of money. Have you ever thought about it that way? I'm sure you haven't. :roll:

Besides, Windows is full of bugs and shitty code. I'll be dancing around the fire pissed to death when it finally goes away. And I'll piss on BG's grave, probably even release my vegan excrement on it, too. :party:
Well i havent been pestered with obnoxious claims about Windows supremety all that often compared to the other mentioned two.
Also Windows is where it is simply because of market economy. It could have been anyone else if they were at the right place at the right time, with a bit of luck of course.
Plus, nobody is forcing you to use Windows on PC. You can run any OS you like, even though OSX might possibly be a bit illegal in regards of Apple.
And what if OSX was used on 90% of any computersystem, would Windows then be the saviour, or what exactly is your reasoning here?

And in regards to it's „buggy shitty code“:
i personally don't encounter much if any problems at all since i bought my laptop in 2010.
It's also a bit funny that in many benchmark tests Windows seems to fare a tiny bit better than OSX or Linux.
You also don't have to pray that your software is still working with the newest update to the OS.
Of course not everything is perfect on Windows: i don't like how the registry is handled and also not a fan that it takes more and more space on the harddrive over time, but in general i don't have many complaints.
Then again i would most likely be fine if the OS's of the Atari ST, or Amiga were still around in a contemporary revision, or OSX, Windows, or whatever.
In the end they all do the bit of clicky clicky here and there for 99% of the users needs pretty well

Though the apparent need to almost religously fanatically praise Reaper is of course likewise a bit silly
Last edited by FapFilter on Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:49 am, edited 5 times in total.
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

I like Reaper, though it’s not always the best choice for my mood or what I’m doing. Then I use something else. I can afford it, so I have and use many of them. Most I’ve owned for many years and versions actually.

pekbro wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:02 am I like Reaper, though it’s not always the best choice for my mood or what I’m doing. Then I use something else. I can afford it, so I have and use many of them. Most I’ve owned for many years and versions actually.
The one thing I couldn't get on with Reaper the last time I tried it (which has been years now) is that when using an amp sim and recording, it would kinda fade in.

I've never had that happen nor do I remember that being a thing back in version 3 when I used reaper quite a bit.

FapFilter wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:48 pm Well i havent been pestered with obnoxious claims about Windows supremety all that often compared to the other mentioned two.
Also Windows is where it is simply because of market economy. It could have been anyone else if they were at the right place at the right time, with a bit of luck of course.
Plus, nobody is forcing you to use Windows on PC. You can run any OS you like, even though OSX might possibly be a bit illegal in regards of Apple.
And what if OSX was used on 90% of any computersystem, would Windows then be the saviour, or what exactly is your reasoning here?

And in regards to it's „buggy shitty code“:
i personally don't encounter much if any problems at all since i bought my laptop in 2010.
It's also a bit funny that in many benchmark tests Windows seems to fare a tiny bit better than OSX or Linux.
You also don't have to pray that your software is still working with the newest update to the OS.
Of course not everything is perfect on Windows: i don't like how the registry is handled and also not a fan that it takes more and more space on the harddrive over time, but in general i don't have many complaints.
Then again i would most likely be fine if the OS's of the Atari ST, or Amiga were still around in a contemporary revision, or OSX, Windows, or whatever.
In the end they all do the bit of clicky clicky here and there for 99% of the users needs pretty well

Though the apparent need to almost religously fanatically praise Reaper is of course likewise a bit silly
I'm afraid you didn't read the contract when you signed up to KVR, you're not allowed to have a reasonable attitude about your OS choice, you're supposed to hate Apple with a passion if you use Windows, or visa versa, it's in the forum rules.
You're definitely not supposed to be understanding that someone's personal choice of OS is not important, and that both have strong and weak points, what's wrong with you!? :hihi:

i piss on mac users out of my open bedroom window :)

As far as Reaper is concerned, it's one of those things.
The main thing I think that makes people loyal to them is Cockos understanding that some people want to make music for fun, or are not interested in turning music into a business, and offering it at $60 for them. Compare this to Ableton Live Suite at $750 or even it's nearest competitor price wise Logic at $199, and only one OS it runs on.

I like it I use it, but I'm not a devotee.. I 100% agree the GUI sucks, even with skins, and it's a PITA to get to run with any sort of OS compatible key commands, because it defies them all. You can customize it though and it's super lite on the CPU. It really does a bit of everything though, and I'm definitely keeping it for making Stems, easiest and most customizable bouncing choices of any DAW I've used!

At least on KVR the only comparable rabid DAW users are Studio One, but it's all good, if a DAW makes you feel productive then why not be a devotee? I'm big on DP10 and Live, but I get that DP10 is not for everyone.

vurt wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:46 pm i piss on mac users out of my open bedroom window :)
You told me it was raining... and I believed you!!! :x :evil:

:lol:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”