What does Studio One 4 do that Reason 10 can't or vice versa?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

You must be fun at parties. Do you even use either host?

Are you really having at me for that post?
No, as a matter of fact I am responding to an actual question from a disinterested position.

One might recommend you attend to your own social skills first.

reggie1979 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:36 pm
chk071 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:09 pm
reggie1979 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:19 am Though "VST" is a huge add-on for Reason, it hasn't quite updated workflow stuff.
Adding VST support is the most idiotic thing they've ever done IMO. Intonation on "IMO", i know a few people like it. I think they dug their own grave with it, because they will always be compared with hosts which are light years ahead in terms of sequencer features, see this thread. They also robbed Reason off the one thing that made it unique, to be a self contained system with all on board that is needed to make music (and, especially, many sample and loop tools for the respective genres).
I was against it at first but it's grown on me. Integration is fine and now I'm not stuck with sub-par RE's for things like guitar.
I kind of get the lack of interest in VST support for Reason as I haven't even thought about using the plugin support since it became available. I find I use Reason when I have a mind to work with a modular system, but if I feel like plugins are going to be my focus I'll go to Logic or Live.

However, it's easy to just ignore whether Reason has plugin support or not, so it's no big deal one way or another.
Sweet child in time...

Well, it's nice to have. For example, amp simulators in RE are good (the Kuassa) but it's just way cooler being able to use Amplitube or whatever.

The only thing that sucks is that not every VST is automate-able or controllable. AT being one of those :dog:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”