Studio One 4: Exporting stems with printed panning automation

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys,

Well, I've been trying to export stems from a S1 project which has a lot of panning automation going on, but no matter how I try, the stems are always coming out center panned.

Already tried exporting as tracks and channels, and it doesn't make any difference at all.

Of course, all previously mono tracks are setup to be exported as stereo pairs (i.e: vocals R, vocals L), even then no panning information is coming through in the final result.

Could you give me a hand here? I need to export this project for a partner who uses other DAW, and I can't waste all the time I've spent making super intricate panning automation.

Thank you very much,

R.

Make sure you use the "Export Stems ..." function from the "Song" menu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmDTev-puJs gives a good overview on the various audio exporting options in Studio One and what processing, respectively, is included or not.

Hey pk-1,

Yes, I've been using the "export stems" function indeed.

However, no matter what I try, it never renders panning automation to the exported stems. Volume automation renders just fine.

Tried exporting as tracks, as channels, converting mono tracks to stereo, nothing works.

I'm starting to think Presonus just neglected such a basic feature, unless I'm missing something.

Thanks anyway,

R.

Are your stereo pairs panned hard left and right after export?

festeringheap wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:19 pm Are your stereo pairs panned hard left and right after export?
You mean, at the other DAW? No.

I'm going to give it a try.

Thanks!

festeringheap wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:19 pm Are your stereo pairs panned hard left and right after export?
Hey man,

It worked! :hyper:

Thanks!

RafaelMorgan wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:56 pm
Hey man,

It worked! :hyper:

Thanks!
Excellent 8) ...glad it worked for you...

RafaelMorgan wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:33 pm
You mean, at the other DAW? No.
I'm sorry, but I have to ask - didn't you see that one channel's audio file was getting "thinner" and the other one's was getting "fatter" at places where volume automation should've been? Wasn't that enough of a clue?
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:05 pm I'm sorry, but I have to ask - didn't you see that one channel's audio file was getting "thinner" and the other one's was getting "fatter" at places where volume automation should've been? Wasn't that enough of a clue?
Like I said on the OP, I was exporting for a colleague to mix it on another DAW. I didn't have the chance to look at it.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”