"Re-Guitaring" made easy: Blue Cat's Re-Guitar 1.0 is Out!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Axiom Re-Guitar

Dear KVR Members,

We are very excited to unleash Blue Cat's Re-Guitar, our new guitar tone modeling plug-in capable of emulating an infinite number of guitars out of a single instrument.

Re-Guitar can simulate many kinds of guitar tones (electric or acoustic), regardless of the solid body guitar model used for recording: you can change the pickups, dig the body or emulate an acoustic guitar, all inside the box, without modifying the original instrument.

"Re-guitaring" can be used to enhance or completely modify the guitar tone while playing your own instrument, or to virtually switch guitars after recording - just like we already do with guitar amp simulations and "re-amping".

The plug-in is included as a built-in plug-in inside Blue Cat's Axiom 1.2, our multi effects processor for guitar and bass that was just updated. It is also available separately as an independent plug-in, alone or within the Axe Pack guitar software bundle.

A special introduction offer is available for Re-Guitar, Axiom and the Axe Pack bundle until April 5th (details below). For more details about this new plug-in, demo versions and videos can be found on www.bluecataudio.com.

Blue Cat's Re-Guitar Main Features:
- Guitar tone modeler, with electric pickups, acoustic guitars and hollow body emulations.
- Built-in single coil pickups: single hot, vintage, modern, active, tele, neck+mid, bridge+mid, P90, P90J.
- Built-in humbucker pickups: vintage, classic, ricky, modern, rails, bright, wide, wide(jazz), jazz box.
- Built-in piezo & acoustic guitars: solid body piezo, acoustic sim pedals, modern & dreadnought, jumbo, mini jumbo, 000, small.
- Create your own electric pickups or acoustic guitar emulations with the custom electric and custom acoustic models.
- Adjust hollow body thickness and amount.
- Adjust simulations brightness and gain.
- Built-in virtual volume and tone pots.
- No latency.

System requirements:
- Intel Mac running Mac OS 10.7 or newer.
- PC running Windows Vista or newer.

Check out our "Re-Guitaring" videos here

Introduction Pricing until April 5th:
- Blue Cat's Axiom: 159 USD/EUR (instead of 199)
- Blue Cat's Re-Guitar: 69 USD/EUR (instead of 99)
- Blue Cat's Axe Pack: 248 USD/EUR (instead of 299)
- Blue Cat's Axiom for customers: 139 USD/EUR (instead of 199)
- Blue Cat's Re-Guitar for customers: 49 USD/EUR (instead of 99)

If you are interested in how the Re-Guitar plug-in was created, here is the story behind the Re-Guitar plug-in, check it out!

I've been having a lot of fun with Re-Guitar, using it on my semi and my "beatbass" bass.

Just got an electro acoustic guitar too, and now I'm wondering why there's no option to re-guitar from piezo to any other type (this is not a feature request, I'm spoilt by Re-Guitar's possibilities as it is, and I don't know if it would even make sense to add such a feature, artistically or business-wise).
(fun fact: I tried Re-Guitar on it even before I reached for my Audiority Big Muff fuzz pedal sim. Yes, I like it that much)

I was watching an Ola Axiom vid where he was using this. This is in addition to the Axiom, right? (it's not included)

I'll have a better play later. Is it as CPU intensive as Axiom?

It's included with Axiom, that's how I got it.
https://www.bluecataudio.com/Products/Product_Axiom/

I've only used it inside Axiom, never had a reason to do otherwise.
I ran a quick little test within Axiom, I have the impression it requires less CPU - but don't take my word on it!!!

Ok, that's pretty cool. I don't particularly care for most of the amp sims in Axiom but at 159 the VST hosting and it's own gain staging/tuner/etc makes it a handy tool. Time for a good play!

Ok, it's not scary hungry but it's still bit of a drain. Hard to tell if it's the Axiom or not so I'll DL the standard vst version.

But tone wise, there be some VOO-DOO going on there. Wow, usually these things are gimmiky sounding. Very interesting.....

Wow, this thing is endless. And it doesn't necessarily matter about how you use it. No rules.

I think my favorite overall is taking my strat and then setting single coil to single coil, and selecting the P90. And you can do pre (subtle but effective) or post (far more in your face) and now options are even higher.

What I'm having fun with is that it seems to take any sim you are using and make it sound better, fuller and sound more (momma, here's that word again) ... authentic (please don't throw fruit at me! )

The "re-guitar" that is included in Axiom is only available through the Axiom, right?

That could be a problem as a: Separate, the cpu seems to be better and b: I use RE's in reason sometimes and that can't be incorporated into the Axiom.

reggie1979 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:14 am The "re-guitar" that is included in Axiom is only available through the Axiom, right?
Right. There's an independent plugin version but it's not covered by Axiom license.
If you want to use re-guitar outside of Axiom, you have to purchase the independent plugin version of re-guitar, which is available for $9 or 9 euro (till April 5) for Axiom users.

Thanks, I'm narrowing it down then as re-guitar is seemingly necessary, but Axiom is not.

Re-Guitar is very light on CPU. For Axiom it depends on the effects loaded and how many amps you are using, and if it is running as mono or stereo. A single amp chain with simple reverb / comp / delay should not use much CPU.

Some factory presets however use two amp chains with several instances of the built-in Late Replies, and these may indeed use quite a bit of CPU.

Blue Cat Audio wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:07 am Re-Guitar is very light on CPU. For Axiom it depends on the effects loaded and how many amps you are using, and if it is running as mono or stereo. A single amp chain with simple reverb / comp / delay should not use much CPU.

Some factory presets however use two amp chains with several instances of the built-in Late Replies, and these may indeed use quite a bit of CPU.
I can only go by me bars in Reason, they say it takes too much. For example, a completely bare instance chews up cycles. Add in amplitube and re-guitar and it's double what separate instances would be (meaning having re guitar and AT as vsts w/o Axiom. )

I can only go by what my computer is telling me.

Anyways, Axiom is not likely for me though it has promise, I'm sold on Re-Guitar.

DOD505 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:59 am If you want to use re-guitar outside of Axiom, you have to purchase the independent plugin version of re-guitar, which is available for $9 or 9 euro (till April 5) for Axiom users.

Wait... What? Where's the link for that? I don't find anything on BC's site.

GreyLion wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:05 pm
DOD505 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:59 am If you want to use re-guitar outside of Axiom, you have to purchase the independent plugin version of re-guitar, which is available for $9 or 9 euro (till April 5) for Axiom users.

Wait... What? Where's the link for that? I don't find anything on BC's site.
No link but I received an email with discount code 2 weeks ago, which is supposed to have been sent to all existing Axiom users.

Return to “Effects”