Wopelka goes Triphop - Awake (lounge, downtempo, trip-hop, whatever)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://soundcloud.com/wopelka/awake

This one was started at 3 am last sunday after a very short night. I guess it shows.

Main gears used: Falcon, Hive, Battery, Lounge Lizzard and Chromaphone.

Let me know what you think, guys. Thanks.

stunning stage as before!
it was a cool, slow, jazzy, little something.
it seems like it was shorter than it is... prob because
of the slow tempo. enjoyed :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

My Feedback

Music - 8.5
Instruments - 9
Performance - 8.5
Mix - 8.5

Overall - 8.625

Comments: Very different from what I'm used to hearing at KVR. Nice, relaxing, pleasant. Not sure how I feel about some of the volume level choices. Usually, pieces of this tempo and style, I like a little softer all around. Some of the, sounds like keyboards, could probably come down a db or two. At least for my taste. Musically, very nice. Kind of minimalist but enough variation to keep me interested.

yeah, wags on the ball again. i usually point out the error of overly loud mixed sounds
like a kick in a slow environment. which was my first impression of the keys volume.
but the great stage almost made up for it ;)
i let ya slide on that one.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:16 am yeah, wags on the ball again. i usually point out the error of overly loud mixed sounds
like a kick in a slow environment. which was my first impression of the keys volume.
but the great stage almost made up for it ;)
i let ya slide on that one.
You've created a monster. I can never listen to music the same way again after all the things you've made me aware of over time. My last track, I think I did an exceptional job on. Maybe just a touch low mid heavy on the vocals but only a touch. You might want to check it out for yourself to see if I'm right.

Thanks a lot for your valuable feedbacks, layzer and wagtunes. I agree that some instruments, notably the pluck synth that is mostly heard at the end, stand out in too strong a manner. I was so focused on making the low end work properly that I kind of missed this.

I would have loved to get some more feedback.

Return to “Music Cafe”