Tone2 Icarus is the most underrated synth in Existence.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Icarus3

Icarus is great! Great resynthesis, wavetable "warp" modes, wavetable editing/processing features and low CPU.

When creating/modifying wavetables, I like to tweak the harmonics directly, and I like how the harmonics automatically update in the GUI when you go through the waveforms in the wavetable (in Serum, you have to click the button with the arrow to generate the FFT bins).

Nena2 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:29 am JunSev. If nothing of that then exactly what are you holding me accountable for claiming that there's something strange with MY resent account?

Nina
What I guess JunSev is trying to say is that newcomers are usually not this active and confrontational only a few days after creating their accounts, unless it happens to be a former banned person, for instance, or someone who already has an account and decides to create another one.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Icarus is my goto as well for wavetable creation. The resynthesis is impressive. I've been resynthesizing vocal samples and then exporting them to Hive (The spectral interpolation in Hive is smooth and lovely)... excellent results.

The Icarus Morph modes are more diverse and interesting sounding than the similar Warp modes in Serum. Icarus also has some very sweet filter types... plus the 2 filters. Icarus is definitely underrated.

starflakeprj wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:31 pm
Nena2 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:29 am JunSev. If nothing of that then exactly what are you holding me accountable for claiming that there's something strange with MY resent account?

Nina
What I guess JunSev is trying to say is that newcomers are usually not this active and confrontational only a few days after creating their accounts, unless it happens to be a former banned person, for instance, or someone who already has an account and decides to create another one.
This is a big reason, and also even past tensions, disagreement, offenses or a sort of bad willingness toward companies or person in a unnecessary and unjustifiable way sometimes; Who knows what's happening.

In this case it is clear Markus is not a so loved figure here in KVR, or that is what it seems.

Although some arguments are valid too, there is no need for bashing .

KVR people don't seem to care for anyone that doesn't kiss their asses or they can't tell what to do.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

JunSev. That I think is an expression of your mindset.

For anyone who knows something about Greece mythology these names should raise an eyebrow.

Nina

Nena2 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:24 am JunSev. That I think is an expression of your mindset.

For anyone who knows something about Greece mythology these names should raise an eyebrow.

Nina
Now, now, Icarus and his father Daedalus were actually trying to escape from Minos. And yes, in his youthful enthousiasm, Icarus ignored his father's warnings and flew too close to the sun. But he was no bastard or anything.

If there were a synth called Caesar ( and god knows how many men he actually sent to their death) would you find that perverted too?

These Greek tragedies all have a lot of drama build into them or else they would be a bit boring, no?
It's like action movies but with a better plot and less explosions :D .
Last edited by Stefken on Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

mythology....
Myths.....
Methaphors....

The Box, and....
I'm out.....

still with eyebrows somewhere :D

Man is definitely on a mission or something

Stefken wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:20 am If there were a synth called Caesar ( and god knows how many men he actually sent to their death) would you find that perverted too?
After watching the movie Caligula...uhm...yeah. :hihi:
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

someone should create a vst synth called: The troll_!

It should have a few oscillators but they all should sound the same. The only changes you can make is to tone. IT has FM, PM, AM and a unique TM (guess this one); all the good stuff but the oscilators are..... fixed, so if you want a diferent sound you have to wait until a new instance of the VST is opened.

Actually the whole sound is always the same except the oscilators only change randomly somewhat into a slightly different oscilator then the previous instance when a new instance of the synth is opened in the DAW.

the ASDR's are the same on all instances of the VST when opened and it's preety much fixed.
- The shortest attack time "possible" (there's a random element here)..
- Really long decay
- Unexistant Sustain
- and a neverending release

And it has a single FX, it's kind of a delay called the repeater....

The repeater also can only change parameters when a new instance of the VST is opened in the DAW !

There's a possibility i could make it to a TOP 100 list somewhere because i believe it could have a respectfull fan base!

tasty tatsyn wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:52 am someone should create a vst synth called: The troll_!

It should have a few oscillators but they all should sound the same. The only changes you can make is to tone. IT has FM, PM, AM and a unique TM (guess this one); all the good stuff but the oscilators are..... fixed, so if you want a diferent sound you have to wait until a new instance of the VST is opened.

Actually the whole sound is always the same except the oscilators only change randomly somewhat into a slightly different oscilator then the previous instance when a new instance of the synth is opened in the DAW.

the ASDR's are the same on all instances of the VST when opened and it's preety much fixed.
- The shortest attack time "possible" (there's a random element here)..
- Really long decay
- Unexistant Sustain
- and a neverending release

And it has a single FX, it's kind of a delay called the repeater....

The repeater also can only change parameters when a new instance of the VST is opened in the DAW !

There's a possibility i could make it to a TOP 100 list somewhere because i believe it could have a respectfull fan base!
This is what happens when first cousins mate and have children.

Orbit-50 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:36 am
wagtunes wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:17 am
chk071 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:19 pm Are you contesting for the new KVR village idiot title?
Hasn't got a chance. Too much competition.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I've seen a few World Olympic Gold Medalists around here as well, so yeah, you're right, no chance whatsoever.
It was a nice first try anyway :hihi: I wonder what she (?) would say of a synth called Ragnarok?
Fernando (FMR)

It's not from Tone2, so, no need to troll it.

fmr wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:04 pm
Orbit-50 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:36 am
wagtunes wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:17 am
chk071 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:19 pm Are you contesting for the new KVR village idiot title?
Hasn't got a chance. Too much competition.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I've seen a few World Olympic Gold Medalists around here as well, so yeah, you're right, no chance whatsoever.
It was a nice first try anyway :hihi: I wonder what she (?) would say of a synth called Ragnarok?
That's a tough one. The concept is pretty dramatic but the movie was actually very funny. :D

Return to “Instruments”