Analog Obsession "Harqules" The New Age!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

First Diamond Series plugin "Harqules" fully updated!

Major changes:

- Reduces CPU usage
- Re-designed all circuit. Included console input and output line amps.
- New GUI

Free updated for existing users!

For more, please go to website!

https://analogobsession.com/product/harqules/

Thanks.
https://www.patreon.com/analogobsession Support for free VST3, AU, AAX for WIN & MAC

it's nice and commendable that you are putting effort into updating older plugins and providing free updates for existing users. however, instead of doing and re-doing the GUI and schematics, i would advise you to get it right the first time. people's sessions may depend on old version behavior/sound, and it's slightly concerning that most of your plugins end up being redesigned/redone after a short while. to me it indicates that something goes wrong along the way, and plugins get released too early.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Burillo wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:56 pm it's nice and commendable that you are putting effort into updating older plugins and providing free updates for existing users. however, instead of doing and re-doing the GUI and schematics, i would advise you to get it right the first time. people's sessions may depend on old version behavior/sound, and it's slightly concerning that most of your plugins end up being redesigned/redone after a short while. to me it indicates that something goes wrong along the way, and plugins get released too early.
I guess you're right...

But about existing users' sessions, there is no issue, i believe. Cause no huge difference about sound.

About this plugin, it was CPU hog. And now even not %1 with old Mac. Existing users now can use it easily.

Thanks for you advice!
https://www.patreon.com/analogobsession Support for free VST3, AU, AAX for WIN & MAC

Other plugin companies will usually indicate if an update is backwards compatible or not and if not in what way. You may want to do the same when you update. :phones:

Cool , i hope an update for varimoon too :wink:

plexuss wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:43 pm Other plugin companies will usually indicate if an update is backwards compatible or not and if not in what way. You may want to do the same when you update. :phones:
The BXQ update strangely went from harmonics to no harmonics/totally clean. I don't think backwards compatibility is a concern to AO. I have all 4 versions of Buster and they are very different - if you replaced one with another you'll break your settings.

Kudos to AO though for continued development!

MogwaiBoy wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:11 pm
plexuss wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:43 pm Other plugin companies will usually indicate if an update is backwards compatible or not and if not in what way. You may want to do the same when you update. :phones:
The BXQ update strangely went from harmonics to no harmonics/totally clean. I don't think backwards compatibility is a concern to AO. I have all 4 versions of Buster and they are very different - if you replaced one with another you'll break your settings.

Well then, that makes AO products escoteric :phones:

UPDATE!

- LPF Knob distortion fixed

Please download, again.

Quick update!

- Fixed noise issue
- Improved GUI

Also intro/update price is just $29!

plexuss wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:45 pm
MogwaiBoy wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:11 pm

Well then, that makes AO products escoteric :phones:
I'd call it non reliable.

Does AO actually compare the sound after an update? Does AO compare it the hardware after it's modelled too?

i don't think he compares it to hardware, he just uses schematics and relies on SPICE. not a bad strategy, and a lot of people use it successfully (Hornet comes to mind).
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

That's a bit misleading I think. There are dozens of guys trying to model these circuts and some sound way off :D Doing it without actually hearing it is, well, ...

But breaking the compatibility instead of doing right initially is something that makes me worry way more.

Burillo wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:28 pm i don't think he compares it to hardware, he just uses schematics and relies on SPICE. not a bad strategy, and a lot of people use it successfully (Hornet comes to mind).
story i know is, he is from turkey and worked as an audio tech in studios that had this equipment. he's played with most of this gear at some point. he wanted to branch out but couldn't afford the studio so he taught himself code and never looked back. the guy is a stupid fast coder from my experience. people liked what he was doing but he didn't want to add over sampling to his legacy plugs, people complained about it online, so recently he has added over sampling to the diamond series. that's the story i got anyway.

but yes, i wouldn't depend on the plugs until final versions are pushed because they do sometimes change after being revamped. i've noticed that. i think once he has them they way he wants them he's not planning on touching them much unless needed tbh.

These are quick updates about GUIs and some minor bugs.

Only Harqules and N492ME fully updated. Fixed CPU issue.

Now, making all GUIs are standard.

This is big step for AO. It's like re-born.

About legacy plugins, after all updates of Diamonds, i will update legacy plugins, too.

As i said, these are quick updates and that's why i look like fast. Updating GUIs are easy, now.

Also, i don't think all companies modeling their plugin from directly hardware. But i already built my plugins as hardware, before. So, i know how they're working. And with spice, you can model any gear like original even with real noise, hum or analog artifacts...

By the way, i have some gears that i build plugin. For example, COMBOX modeled from real 553 and 215. Harqules from clone of original gear. And some others...

After some updates of Diamonds plugins, i will start to work on legacy plugins.

Now, working on Buster and Distox. Last two plugins. Today, i will release Buster update. It's only GUI. No processing update.

Then i will release update for Distox. It has problem about program selection. It's fixed and now working on GUI.

That's all.

Thanks.

Dasheesh wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:16 pm
Burillo wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:28 pm i don't think he compares it to hardware, he just uses schematics and relies on SPICE. not a bad strategy, and a lot of people use it successfully (Hornet comes to mind).
the guy is a stupid fast coder from my experience.
"stupid fast" coding also comes with stupid amounts of errors and bugs. i'm glad that the plugins are getting fixed, but really, he should be getting them right in the first place. i'd rather prefer he'd be less "stupid fast" and more thorough, and had a better beta testing process (if he has one at all - which i'm not entirely convinced that he does).

Return to “Effects”