You know you have too many plugins when...

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm wondering if maybe this should be moved to Off topic ?

Still keep em coming though, I had a pretty good laugh at some of these. :lol:
:borg:

wrote:You know you have too many plugins when...
...you've transitioned to a plugin collector :ud:

You know that you're a plugin collector when...

...you don't bother buying pulgins individually, anymore - just bundles :love: :love: :love:

Bundles is the way to go usually and especially on Black friday :tu:
:borg:

V0RT3X wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:23 pm Bundles is the way to go usually and especially on Black friday :tu:
Amen! :hail:

V0RT3X wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:44 pmI'm wondering if maybe this should be moved to Off topic ?
This existential thread questions KVR's fundamental reason for being, so it belongs in Site Stuff :help:
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

You finally got Komplete...

You know you failed completely if you just visit pluginboutique to see if they got some sub 10€/£/$ deals you haven‘t aquired yet... In that state you need medical help...

You know you have too many plugins when ... you reply to this thread.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:13 pm You know you have too many plugins when ... you reply to this thread.
Love that one! There is some serious psychology going on in this thread. :)
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Aloysius wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:13 pm You know you have too many plugins when ... you reply to this thread.
when you try to deflect and make it about someone elses manhood.
which is not the freakishly small item that was implied :tantrum:

Aloysius wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:46 pm ... you purchase things twice because you forgot you purchased them before.
Yep that's when I stopped buying. Almost...just some little exceptions.
MXLinux21, 16 Gig RAM, Intel i7 Quad 3.9, Reaper 6.42, Behringer 204HD or Win7 Steinberg MR816x

You suddenly realize you can actually use these plugins to... make music! ... instead of spending time trying demos, looking for sales, listening to presets, learning plugins, comparing plugin features, browsing kvr...

My excuse and I'm sticking to it. I quit drinking 20 years ago, and although it's obvious that I spend money on my music over booze, it's nowhere near at the same level. I don't spend $300-600 a month on plug ins.
To be fair to myself, I've slowed down considerably in the last year or so. I actually feel like I have most bases covered, and at no time in the creative process lately do I think there's some lack because I can hear a sound I cannot use because of a library I don't have access to. (OK I want a good boys choir, but that can wait for a blowout sale)

The clincher? it's harmless, there's no downside to spending less than I did drinking on music software. It's a "waste of money", but not really, if it relaxes and entertains me. I mock myself with it when I buy more than one of an item you only need one of, (mastering limiters, strings etc. :clown: ), but I'm not completely hopeless by any means.

synzh wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:54 pm You suddenly realize you can actually use these plugins to... make music! ... instead of spending time trying demos, looking for sales, listening to presets, learning plugins, comparing plugin features, browsing kvr...
Word. I find it actually slows me down to have like 30 compressors and now I mainly use Klanghelm DC8C3 and MJUC with SlickEQGE and everything is basically covered. I tried to match MJUC to Waves DBX160 and actually came up with something I like better. Less is more here.

If somebody wants to check it out here is the preset:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<KlanghelmMJUC presetname="My DBX160" Compress="33.9" Makeup="0.0" Attack="7.0"
               Recovery="4.7" Timing="3" Mode="0" Density="1" Ratio="1" HighRatio="1"
               Punch="3" Istage="1" Timbre="1.4" Drive="4.4" SCF="79" Mix="44"
               Calibration="-18" Automakeup="1" ChMode="1" VuMode="2" Model="2"
               HQ="0" Bypass="0"/>
Last edited by Boone777 on Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MXLinux21, 16 Gig RAM, Intel i7 Quad 3.9, Reaper 6.42, Behringer 204HD or Win7 Steinberg MR816x

vurt wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:25 pm
when you try to deflect and make it about someone elses manhood.
which is not the freakishly small item that was implied :tantrum:
wow, still trying to get it u...bringing it up the next day? :o I'm sorry I had no idea :hug: :hihi:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”