NI NOIRE (pure presets) demo

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I like NI's pianos in general. They're all decent and playable. NOIRE is got to be the best NI has to offer. It sounds great, it gives a lot more control over most aspects of the instrument and of course the sound design section which I haven't explored just yet.

https://youtu.be/yOe4ntClvLI

Did they need another piano ?

generaldiomedes wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:43 am Did they need another piano ?
That's deep!

In The Mix wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:53 am
That's deep!
That's essentially what I wanted to say, however typing on an iPhone makes for laconic conversation.

I'm sure it's a fine piano, but I guess I would have appreciated something different, say a uilleann pipe, a lute, harp or perhaps a solo violin. Instead we get another piano and another reason not to upgrade Ultimate (assuming it will make it).

It goes both ways. If it were up to me, I would've stopped everybody from making another drum set library like 10 years ago. I have BFD 3 and all NI drums that came with Ultimate which I haven't even installed. What am I gonna do with all these NI drum libraries? Absolutely nothing at all! For one thing, I'm not a drummer, and even my pencil tool drumming techniques are HORRIBLE. I'm sure a vast number of users would appreciate them nonetheless. For me personally, it would've been a much better deal to pay what I paid and then be able to actually cherry pick what I wanted to use...as oppose to buy into a $1200 deal without using half of the libraries. I'm not interested in loops and stuff. Instead, I would love to have the full version of their orchestral instruments. Even if I upgrade to the collector? edition, I'm gonna get even more loops I think.

Piano junkies can NEVER have enough pianos, but again this is not your traditional/conventional NI piano. It's a lot more than that. If it's not your thing, I totally get it. I have my own shite list of libraries as well. At the end of the day, if people can produce something valuable with any library, more power to them. At least that's how I try to look at things.

Yes, a harp library would be VERY nice indeed! I'm thinking about their Mallet library as well.

generaldiomedes wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:27 am
In The Mix wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:53 am
That's deep!
That's essentially what I wanted to say, however typing on an iPhone makes for laconic conversation.

I'm sure it's a fine piano, but I guess I would have appreciated something different, say a uilleann pipe, a lute, harp or perhaps a solo violin. Instead we get another piano and another reason not to upgrade Ultimate (assuming it will make it).
agreed! i think a new piano VST product that differentiates itself from others would have been better.

From the review I saw online, it seems this one has some extra features such as effects and particles. Not quite sure.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

A light use of 2 particles presets:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSvBuNG4Wks

The pure piano sound on its own is great then you have the felt piano plus the particle and bass boost fx. What’s not to like.

NI needs to stop with all the sample libraries in my opinion. If I was them I would be scrambling to update the synth line before they all become irrelevant. II am glad they are coming out with a new synth this year but really the other synths need resizeable gui updates at least.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Wow that sounds amazing

ATS wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:57 am NI needs to stop with all the sample libraries in my opinion. If I was them I would be scrambling to update the synth line before they all become irrelevant. II am glad they are coming out with a new synth this year but really the other synths need resizeable gui updates at least.
Jimbo agrees with this!!! Git some cool sounding modern serum type shit out on the market NI!! Too much wanky spanky stuff y'all releasing. We need some cutting edge Deutch soundzzzz.

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

kelvyn wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:06 am The pure piano sound on its own is great then you have the felt piano plus the particle and bass boost fx. What’s not to like.
Absolutely! That particle effect is so cool. Even if one is not a hardcore pianist, should be able to get really interesting sounds out of this and still have that Piano quality in there. Yes, Omnisphere can do a lot more, but I like the piano approach.

That's rather like prepared piano, with the Particles.

In The Mix wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:58 pm
kelvyn wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:06 am The pure piano sound on its own is great then you have the felt piano plus the particle and bass boost fx. What’s not to like.
Absolutely! That particle effect is so cool. Even if one is not a hardcore pianist, should be able to get really interesting sounds out of this and still have that Piano quality in there. Yes, Omnisphere can do a lot more, but I like the piano approach.
what i need to know is how is this different in quality than the Arturia Piano V

telecode wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:26 pm ...
what i need to know is how is this different in quality than the Arturia Piano V
What are your expectations from a piano sound? How do you use a piano in your music? These two sound libraries have absolutely nothing in common. I own both by the way.

If this is of any help, I've recorded some Arturia Pianos that you could compare to NI's recording. The second song in this video is Arturia Piano V2, recorded with the same exact controller/DAW...etc ....as the NOIRE's video.

https://youtu.be/7CdfZFSUAdM

For me Arturia V2 is very useful but it sounds processed. It maybe a great thing for a certain genre. NOIRE sounds a lot more acoustic with the pure patches.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”