Cherry Audio Voltage modular

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Voltage Modular Core + Electro Drums Voltage Modular Ignite Voltage Modular Nucleus

if you want sales wags, do more selective patches.
ie core plus one bundle.
do basic 3 or 4 module patches, showing the various uses of a particular module.
patches that can easily be added to/slotted in to a bigger patch.
see yourself as a teacher more than a sound designer.
theres a lot of people using vm who would see the value in that, as your showing them how to move on to making the monster patches :)

wagtunes wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:04 pm
WasteLand wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:57 pm
vurt wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:50 pm
wagtunes wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:40 pm
thelizard wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:23 pm Cool, I'll work on presets this weekend. I wasn't aware that I could include some in the bundle.

What's a generally acceptable list of modules to build presets off of? Voltage Core + Misfit Electro + free stuff?
If you want to have the best chance of selling it, core.

My Softube Modular library sells like crazy. My VM library, almost not at all even though it's a better library on a much better system. The reason it doesn't sell is because the library uses almost all the extra modules minus a few. Well, very few people have everything so it excludes them from getting it.

So if you want your library to sell, stick to core. Anything beyond that will begin to exclude people.
im assuming he means to show how to use the modules in the bundle?
yes! that is the goal. to present the modules in the bundle with example presets, to learn from them. it is the way to go. softube modular has the same approach. it if fast learning, from text to patching, is more difficult, ow well not that difficult. the help pages work....
I'd still keep it relatively simple for two reasons.

1. It'll make it easier for users to wrap their heads around.

2. CPU usage. Some of the massive factory patches I can't even play as they totally fry my CPU and I'm on a new machine. 20-30 module patches are going to be tough for a lot of people to utilize.
comment on 2. i never had that problem. even on old laptop, still an i72630qm. i have the feeling that on a newer system, i have also an i7600k + 32 gb, self built, it performs slightly lesser (higher cpu usage). or the cpu is utilitized with other instruction sets. and it means that it adapts itself (it is what cherry audio themselves states). but the performance on both systems, i can't fry my cpu. with SM, yes, but not with VM. by the way, first system windows 10 home, second windows 7 pro, both up to date.

vurt wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:22 pm if you want sales wags, do more selective patches.
ie core plus one bundle.
do basic 3 or 4 module patches, showing the various uses of a particular module.
theres a lot of people using vm who would see the value in that, as your showing them how to move on to making the monster patches :)
All good ideas. But something that will take much planning to get just right. Not sure I'm up to all that admin stuff right now.

wagtunes wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:29 pm
vurt wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:22 pm if you want sales wags, do more selective patches.
ie core plus one bundle.
All good ideas. But something that will take much planning to get just right. Not sure I'm up to all that admin stuff right now.
well, if you do do it, i don't even expect a cut for the idea :hihi:

even just odd screenshots of patches, again minimal stuff.
if everyone adds to a central database, it could be a great resource 8)

im guessing the majority of people are getting in to vm (and other modular stuff) for the freedom it offers, but new users find it a bit daunting, and end up using others big patches.
this imo means theyre missing out on the true magick of modular.
the building something, that is pretty much unique, and even if its not, it wont sound the same as someone elses build using the same modules (maybe).

almost tempted to buy in just to do it :lol:

I am wondering how much overlap there is between the MacCaulay, Benard, and Hetrick modules. I like all the Unfiltered stuff so I lean toward it. The Benard Ultimate Collection really looks comprehensive, though. MacCaulay’s Collection looks great for the price. It’s hard to figure out what might work best for odd generative sequences.

W23 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:26 pm I am wondering how much overlap there is between the MacCaulay, Benard, and Hetrick modules. I like all the Unfiltered stuff so I lean toward it. The Benard Ultimate Collection really looks comprehensive, though. MacCaulay’s Collection looks great for the price. It’s hard to figure out what might work best for odd generative sequences.
I'd recommend starting with the Benard bundle, then add the other bundles if you find they add to the sort of things you want to explore. The Benard bundle is the only one to provide various sequencers (I had to look it up now I admit as I've honestly lost track of which modules came from which of them :hihi: ). The Benard modules play well with the others though, so you may want to expand later. :wink:

Good to know, thanks.

a buffer and sync delay bundle, with sampler II is fun but more fun is possible,
stuttering generative sequence with pitch and filter. I would like to have
Lectric Panda modules (PSQ-1684) in VM.
peace and love for all.

Hi everybody!
Do you know, is it possible to use Gatekeeper as modulation source? It has cv out, but i don't understand how to set up it right inside VM.
Do anyone have a tip?

Stan Navi wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:10 am Hi everybody!
Do you know, is it possible to use Gatekeeper as modulation source? It has cv out, but i don't understand how to set up it right inside VM.
Do anyone have a tip?
There is no cv out in vm's plugin interface, so you can not do it internally. You could do it
externally if you have a means to transmit and receive cv data. E.g. A hardware cv interface
of some sort, or a cv to midi converter.

The plugin does work in vm, since it doesn't output midi, you likely could convert it's audio
output to modulation.

With midi output things work fine, seems they have added support for midi generators
within the plugin interface. For things like stepsequencer plugins, you just need a midi
out destination for the plugin interface's midi out. Then just use a midi in, to route the midi
back into, and within VM. A midi loopback like LoopBe1 will work here, if your hardware
doesn't support midi in/out.

You could place gatekeeper before Vm or on another track and send the gatekeeper CV output to Vm audio input. Or just send the gatekeeper audio CV output,load as vst to what you want into VModular( I didn't try the last solution, but think audio signal)
Best
YY

Whywhy wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:01 am You could place gatekeeper before Vm or on another track and send the gatekeeper CV output to Vm audio input. Or just send the gatekeeper audio CV output,load as vst to what you want into VModular( I didn't try the last solution, but think audio signal)
Thanks!
I just was thinking about second option - to sent audio CV output from gatekeeper to envelop follower and then to destination source. I will try today later. It would be great if Polyversemusic could make gatekeeper module for VM. :pray:

By the way, did you see mega saw module?
https://store.cherryaudio.com/modules/mega-saw

Interesting, what the difference with poly unison module?

Perhaps, the 32 saw unison in one module...instead if 8
Best
YY

I think it will be soon Poly Mega Saw

Return to “Instruments”