RESPIRO, a new soft-synth for Wind, Breath and MPE controllers.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Respiro

no demo... seriously?

:roll:

tl wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:54 pm the instrument can do much more than my clunky soundfile shows...
It shows another side than the demo's on the website. Sounds like a good instrument. Even if I could currently afford it, I wouldn't buy it without trying a demo :shrug:

I bought it but now I can't log into the site to download it, always get the message "It's required that you accept cookies in order to login with your account". And this with four different browsers and no matter what settings I use for cookies. I don't have this problem with any other site so am rather baffled...

Also the docs say that you can only activate on a single machine, that's not nice...

I hope they fix/improve this quickly.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
Sculptures ScreenDream Mastodon

ThomasHelzle wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:08 pm I bought it but now I can't log into the site to download it, always get the message "It's required that you accept cookies in order to login with your account". And this with four different browsers and no matter what settings I use for cookies. I don't have this problem with any other site so am rather baffled...
Click "Allow cookies" after clicking "Cookie policy" floating in the left bottom area of the website... worked for me after I had the same problem with logging in.

Regards,
tl.

Ah - thanks tl.
I no longer even register those idiotic cookie banners and my standard browser filters them out ...

Problem fixed, now on to testing...

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi

A first quick test has me a bit two minded.
Good sounds on one hand but the concept needs a bit of getting used to - you don't have access to all parameters but only to up to 9 "macros" that are different for each preset, which basically are different "models". You only can save the variations in those macros yourself, you can't access the deeper levels.
The GUI is okayish, not my favourite look but I guess I can live with it.
It's VST3 only on Windows.
I tried with my EWI USB and my Seaboard Block, both work fine in Bitwig 2.5.
MPE is a bit limited since Respiro is monophonic, otherwise it reacts as expected.

This will definitely need more testing, but not tonight...

Cheers,

Tom

aMUSEd wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:00 pm Hope it allows morphing between timbres

so I can do this sort of thing

https://soundcloud.com/kymeia/flutescrapes-export-1
What was used for that?

ThomasHelzle wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:50 pm A first quick test has me a bit two minded.
Good sounds on one hand but the concept needs a bit of getting used to - you don't have access to all parameters but only to up to 9 "macros" that are different for each preset, which basically are different "models". You only can save the variations in those macros yourself, you can't access the deeper levels.
The GUI is okayish, not my favourite look but I guess I can live with it.
It's VST3 only on Windows.
I tried with my EWI USB and my Seaboard Block, both work fine in Bitwig 2.5.
MPE is a bit limited since Respiro is monophonic, otherwise it reacts as expected.

This will definitely need more testing, but not tonight...

Cheers,

Tom
How does assigning mpe expressions work? Do you assign the macros to timbre or pressure for example?

Their web site does not open on my iPad at all...

Site doesn't open for me, I'm on windows.

ThomasHelzle wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:50 pmThe GUI is okayish, not my favourite look but I guess I can live with it.
It looks like a circa-2006, free VSTi :shrug: I couldn't see osx availability on the shop page, and was convinced by the gui that it was not available for Mac's.

Not a deal-breaker, though.

tl wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:54 pm the instrument can do much more than my clunky soundfile shows...
Can you elaborate? I can’t really see where I might benefit from this software other than if it were accurate modeling of real world instruments. I play an AKAI EWI using sound libraries, and can easily process those sounds further.

The website could use some expansion, but maybe when the forum is more established I can find out more. Right now this doesn’t seem like I will benefit in any significant way from buying it.
Sweet child in time...

Deep Purple wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:25 pm
Can you elaborate? I can’t really see where I might benefit from this software other than if it were accurate modeling of real world instruments. I play an AKAI EWI using sound libraries, and can easily process those sounds further.

The website could use some expansion, but maybe when the forum is more established I can find out more. Right now this doesn’t seem like I will benefit in any significant way from buying it.
I'm not affiliated with the company or the product in any way but because of my interests in physical modeling found it a noticeable instrument. My particular interests lay in the handling of nonlinearities, "chaos", etc. referred to modeling, my general interests concerning DSP lay in obscurities and often in imperfection.
In my small Bitwig project I haven't really explored many models or their variability timbre-wise. I have to test it more extensively for myself...

Regards,
tl.

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:22 pm I couldn't see osx availability on the shop page, and was convinced by the gui that it was not available for Mac's.
Its all over the place, it does support AU and VST3 on Mac...
(Web site is up again..)
The published price is excl. VAT...

ThomasHelzle wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:08 pm Also the docs say that you can only activate on a single machine, that's not nice...
FAQ wrote:Q: May I install multiple times Respiro on my different computers?
A: Yes, as long as you are the licensed user using Respiro. Nobody, except yourself may use Respiro.
https://soundcloud.com/tobot8p/munaire-prell

another and a completely other one...

regards,
tl.

Return to “Instruments”