POLL: My favourite OB-Xd skin is... (and enter to win a Vertigo license)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion

Choose your favourite skins

Cajhmere Black'n'Blue
3%
Cajhmere Black'n'Orange
3%
Cajhmere Leopard
2%
discoDSP Blue
15%
discoDSP Classic
16%
discoDSP Grey
6%
Rin Elyran Classic SEM
8%
Sergio Frias Classic
4%
Studio OB-X Classic
13%
Studio OB-Xa Classic
8%
Totolitoto Classic Blue
22%

Total votes: 113

RELATED
PRODUCTS
OB-Xd - Virtual Analog Synthesizer

AnX wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:03 am dont really think that image is appropriate, especially from a dev :roll:
Okay...

Now that's clear please vote and comment for the contest ;)

you put up the images, I'll have a look

okay, is it so difficult to put them here? or a pic host?

just get the demo, takes 1 minute to download and install. It's a nice synth too. As far as I can tell there is no restrictions on the demo either.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

To everyone asking for the pictures: do you want them full size? In your specific screen resolution? Do you want your DAW's scaling simulated or not?

Apart from the fact that it's near impossible to cater to all the above questions, this poll is clearly a marketing vehicle. It gets you to the DiscoDSP site, and maybe you'll stay for just a little longer than necessary to download the demo. Uploading the images won't have the same effect on sales, so I think there's little to no chance of it happening.

Downloading and installing the free synth is the prerequisite for being able to win. Too lazy, can't be arsed? Tough luck. There's no such thing as a free lunch. Except that OB-Xd is a free lunch. And a really tasty one at that. Your loss.

whatever, if the dev can't be arsed, neither can i.

Dev won't post pics, other posters give out marketing 101 and say 'your loss'.

Weird. My loss too, apparently (already eaten, no need for another lunch, even if free).

My favorite is not on the list. The one I'm using currently is Classic Blue OB-Xd.

I also like the Studio OB-X Classic and Studio OB-Xa Classic. Also like the Rin Elyran Classic SEM.

Hate the Cajhmeres - I think they are jokes (sorry to the author, but it's what I feel when I see them).

Totolitoto skin could be interesting, but the gradient had to be softer, and the logo had to be reworked into a style more OB.

I remember Sergio Frias skin and thinking it is good, but I don't have it installed - where is it?

Anyway, Layzer had some great skins for OB-Xd back in the day. Too bad he didn't port them to the curent version, they are great.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by fmr on Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Fernando (FMR)

"Dear dev, instead of making us try your perfectly fine and FREE PRODUCT, why don't you make it easy on us to win Vertigo by posting PICTURES of your free product here, so that we can stay on this forum and chill? We are very tired from reading the poll thread, so surely we have done enough already? Better still, why don't you give everyone on this poll thread a free copy of Vertigo? We have done so much for you by just reading this thread, surely we deserve it? Would also be nice if you could come to our homes and download and install Vertigo for us while we have dinner. That way we would have more time to criticise other devs for the way they choose to run their giveaways. Thanks bye, KVR."

Kids these days...

Images do help. But I also voted for the Totolioto Blue.
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

Disco Blue but Totolitoto is a close second

Eclectus wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:12 am "Dear dev, instead of making us try your perfectly fine and FREE PRODUCT, why don't you make it easy on us to win Vertigo by posting PICTURES of your free product here, so that we can stay on this forum and chill? We are very tired from reading the poll thread, so surely we have done enough already? Better still, why don't you give everyone on this poll thread a free copy of Vertigo? We have done so much for you by just reading this thread, surely we deserve it? Would also be nice if you could come to our homes and download and install Vertigo for us while we have dinner. That way we would have more time to criticise other devs for the way they choose to run their giveaways. Thanks bye, KVR."

Kids these days...
oh right, so i actually have to download free software that i dont want and he didnt code but is using to get traffic to his site, just to vote and win something else i dont want?

the thread originally didnt have a prize, but fvck all ppl voted, so he put up a 'prize' to get more votes/traffic

apart from getting more traffic, not sure what the point of the thread is....

if you want votes on fav/best gui, put images up for ppl to see

discoDSP wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:59 pm
chk071 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:52 pm I always wonder who can win in such contests. Only the people who voted for the correct option?
Any option is correct here :)
How do you figure out who voted and who did not though?

chk071 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:52 pm

How do you figure out who voted and who did not though?

Yes please? :)

Return to “Instruments”