RAPID Synthesizer | Rapid 1.8.0 released | Free "SP - Granular Elements"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

has RAPID MSEG?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

irism wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:04 pm
chk071 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:30 pm Seems like the perfect fit for Aiyn Zahev, but, he might be more into hardware now, judging by his recent YT videos. :) Although it's his business, so, i'm sure he'll continue making soundsets for soft synths too.
Seconding this :hyper:
Please get AZ to design a Parawave XT!
In contact with Aiyn Zahev. He's a busy man. Nothing planned, sorry to disappoint you.
Now a related question. When we speak about soundsets:

What kind of scope/content do you expect?
I sometimes read things like: "The Rapid XTs are too expensive." which kind of bothers me. I understand the motivation behind this, but when they compare it to other synth soundsets they think of 128 Sylenth1 patches for 15$ or something like that. 128 single layer patches, created with a very limited synth, compared to modern ones, and no other content.

It's not an objective comparison at all, since no one mentions the exclusive wavetable, multi-sample and drum sample (sometimes even vocal sample) content contained in our XTs. And the considerably more complex presets, sometimes even with multi-layer MIDI sequences.
A fair comparison would be a Rapid XT vs. 128 presets + at least 50 wavetables + 50 multi-samples + 50 drum samples and genre related MIDI compositions. Do you get this for 50€ ?

I mention all of this because there seems to be a demand for Aiyn's sounds. But if we now contract Aiyn for a XT with our standard of quality. Which takes a good amount of time to produce. Will the requesting people really buy it, or will we read: "This XT is too expensive" ?

OR could it be that you really just want a 64 preset soundset for 10€?

Edit:
To clarify things - This is not an accusation to the requesters. We're glad for feedback. See it as explanation why we cannot realize every request immediately. Even if there are many.
Last edited by parawave on Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Caine123 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:54 pm has RAPID MSEG?
No MSEG yet. It's planned for the future.
Make sure to take a look at the Sequences A B C D and browse through a few sequence presets. You can do a lot of similar things with them.

Hi guys!

Just purchased Rapid, the payment was made by paypal, the order is still "pending".

Must I need to do something else to download and install the product?

Thanks!

Edit: Status change to "complete" right now! downloading! :party:

I also agree with the sound packs - i think that considering there is a lot of high quality multi sample content/wavetables/cool noise sources - it is actually a good deal.

I actually find the Rapid content useful. Normally factory content is a complete write off for me, but the stuff provided in rapid is of high quality.

I am currently making a load of multisamples with a couple of mono synths and a Deep mind 12 - this stuff takes time if you want to get it right. Then there is going out and recording a load of noise sources, making attack sounds etc etc. Lots of work goes in BEFORE any presets are even made

parawave wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:09 pm
irism wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:04 pm
chk071 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:30 pm Seems like the perfect fit for Aiyn Zahev, but, he might be more into hardware now, judging by his recent YT videos. :) Although it's his business, so, i'm sure he'll continue making soundsets for soft synths too.
Seconding this :hyper:
Please get AZ to design a Parawave XT!
In contact with Aiyn Zahev. He's a busy man. Nothing planned, sorry to disappoint you.
Now a related question. When we speak about soundsets:

What kind of scope/content do you expect?
I sometimes read things like: "The Rapid XTs are too expensive." which kind of bothers me. I understand the motivation behind this, but when they compare it to other synth soundsets they think of 128 Sylenth1 patches for 15$ or something like that. 128 single layer patches, created with a very limited synth, compared to modern ones, and no other content.

It's not an objective comparison at all, since no one mentions the exclusive wavetable, multi-sample and drum sample (sometimes even vocal sample) content contained in our XTs. And the considerably more complex presets, sometimes even with multi-layer MIDI sequences.
A fair comparison would be a Rapid XT vs. 128 presets + at least 50 wavetables + 50 multi-samples + 50 drum samples and genre related MIDI compositions. Do you get this for 50€ ?

I mention all of this because there seems to be a demand for Aiyn's sounds. But if we now contract Aiyn for a XT with our standard of quality. Which takes a good amount of time to produce. Will the requesting people really buy it, or will we read: "This XT is too expensive" ?

OR could it be that you really just want a 64 preset soundset for 10€?

Edit:
To clarify things - This is not an accusation to the requesters. We're glad for feedback. See it as explanation why we cannot realize every request immediately. Even if there are many.

The relation ! If a soundset for Rapid, Avenger or Nexus costs more than a whole Synth like Tal Mod, which sounds bether than the whole roland cloud and also has more than 500 factory presets.
https://tal-software.com/products/tal-mod

So why to add 128 edm presets for $50 ???

If a soundset offers something special for me, than i would buy it also for $50, but in normal case i make my own presets, by analyzing the factory presets.
I bought rapid on it's release, because there was a nice workflow to quick make nice own presets. But the rapid expansions don't adress me, because I produce melodic techno and don't need more trance or edm presets.
I bought the new released avenger techhouse XP, because it fit into my music, and offers some intresting sounds, but the most avenger soundsets I also would't buy for half the price.

I spent sometimes a lot of money for soundsets, which fit to my style and are delivered with midi to inspirate me. The Midi together with presets give me a extra value.
These soundsets on this price class without midi, i wouldn't buy, because I already have too much presets for my 100+ synths. (haven't already checked all the new free 600 omniphere 2.6 update presets)
https://www.audiotent.com/presets/division/
https://www.audiotent.com/presets/proton/
https://www.audiotent.com/presets/plasma/

So what i am doing is to demo new synths, and rebuild cool presets on my own synths, to learn my most used synths more in detail. To buy an expansion means for me that i can use it on my production and it must offer me something special. I don't need a new library for my collection.

Zahev and Plugghuger are making nice presets and are not only edm.
They also fit into my techno style, so I can use a lot of their sounds.
They also offer half price or currently Zahev 40% for eastersale, thats why I have all his expansions for Dune, Diva, Repro, Spire and Sylenth. The new Hive soundset I will aslo buy, when it's on sale, for $25/2 you can't go wrong with 100 new Hive sounds, even if I can only use 5 sounds out of it.....
Same for Plughugger, when he releases 150 new presets for 10€ introduction, I can't go wrong.
But to pay 50€ or more for a expansion, it must give me realy something unique....

bad support
they dont answery my questions
he ignored me badly

D.K Envelope wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:36 pm bad support
he ignored me badly
Not trying to defend anyone here, but where have asked for the support, and what was the support case about?
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

please delte it again
Last edited by D.K Envelope on Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nonsene please delete
Last edited by D.K Envelope on Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

D.K Envelope wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:36 pm bad support
he ignored me badly
Please don't spread rumors like that. We generally answer within 24 hours. If you write multiple request on the same day, it won't speedup the process.
We don't ignore or forgot you. You were just in the queue, since it was no urgent matter. In this case it took ~48 hours.

sacer wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:18 amBut to pay 50€ or more for a expansion, it must give me realy something unique....
D.K Envelope wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:21 pm they answered now
but im out
i go back to sylenth 1 and Serum
i will never use it anymore , sadly i cannot resale it
bad terms

but good Luck with the Synth
and the overpriced xts
@sacer: Your post is reasoned. If it doesn't give you something for your style of production, that's totally fine. But look at this. It's more like these kind of messages I meant. Thanks D.K. Envelope for that prime example. :D

you make jokes about your customer :clap:
great

D.K Envelope wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:33 pm you make jokes about your customer :clap:
great
Only together with our customers. You joked first, right? :wink:

please delete it
Last edited by D.K Envelope on Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.

It doesn't exactly speak for you how you handle your personal issue with the company or the plugin.

Return to “Instruments”