VCV Rack Midi Out module for ES-5 and expanders?

Official support for: expertsleepers.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm looking currently for a new robust MIDI interface. I don't need any MIDI inputs, so the expandable ES-3/ES-5-combination seems very tempting. I'm using a RME Digiface USB, so I have ADAT available.

I noticed some native VCV Rack modules have been released for outputting Gate and CV some days ago, which I could use with my Behringer Model D.
So, will there also be a MIDI out module for Rack? That would be make my decision much easier :wink:
Last edited by ben2012 on Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

It's possible. Where would you want the MIDI to come from in this case? From a CV->MIDI conversion within Rack?

Yes, exactly. Currently Rack does not have any native MIDI out, but the upcoming v1 has. I think the module should have similar inputs like the CV-MIDI module but with one output which goes to one the inputs of the 8GT-module.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Yes, that would be possible. I was thinking along these lines anyway, but good to have confirmation that at least one person would find it useful!

Just watched the videos for your new modules, really nice :clap: Hope they are available soon, in the meatime I‘m gonna place my order on the ES-3 and the ES-5!

I got the Silent Way VCV plugin and my ES-3 is on the way… any chance you could add CCs to the CV-to-MIDI module?

It's possible. The reason I didn't so far is that I figured CC modulation wouldn't be time-critical, and so could be done just as well with a regular MIDI interface.

Hm, you‘re right. Just thinking about replacing my cheap MIDI interface completely by an ES-5 with expanders, so CCs would be useful... :love:

By the way, I built your active AC encoder and I works quite nice for a Behringer ADA8200 and the module for Rack :tu: Great work!
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15928

Hi os,
any chance you could add CC to the CV-To-Midi module for VCV Rack?
I could do the module myself too, but I'm strugling how to implement the conversion from MIDI rate to samplerate… can you give me a hint how to do that?

Return to “Expert Sleepers”