Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

Those crackles won't go away if you closed the GUI, I would say it's caused by the OSCs at voice initalization. Then there is a spike, and this spike will sum up with lot of voices, after initilization of the OSCs, the crackling usually goes away, playing all voices without crackling, so it happens mostly at sound start.

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:50 pm Those crackles won't go away if you closed the GUI, I would say it's caused by the OSCs at voice initalization. Then there is a spike, and this spike will sum up with lot of voices, after initilization of the OSCs, the crackling usually goes away, playing all voices without crackling, so it happens mostly at sound start.
As far as I can recall some of avengers core sound processes where reliant on the GPU in the beginning stages of the development and thats why Avenger gave an inmpression that it was "light" on cpu.. that is difficult for me to assess though cause my i7 cpu uses the imbeded onboard intel video card which is powerd by my cpu anyway

surreal wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:57 pm As far as I can recall some of avengers core sound processes where reliant on the GPU in the beginning stages of the development
Could you elaborate this some more?

surreal wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:57 pm
Hanz Meyzer wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:50 pm Those crackles won't go away if you closed the GUI, I would say it's caused by the OSCs at voice initalization. Then there is a spike, and this spike will sum up with lot of voices, after initilization of the OSCs, the crackling usually goes away, playing all voices without crackling, so it happens mostly at sound start.
As far as I can recall some of avengers core sound processes where reliant on the GPU in the beginning stages of the development and thats why Avenger gave an inmpression that it was "light" on cpu.. that is difficult for me to assess though cause my i7 cpu uses the imbeded onboard intel video card which is powerd by my cpu anyway
I use the intel onboard graphic with DVI. the crackle happen when i close edit window too. crackle is sync to arp step. maybe other can do test as see in youtube video i upload in some posts ago ?

If avenger use GPU to render audio, i can try disable that. is that possible ?

My CPU is 1 year ago released from intel 8600k and it is fast. the crackle on arp step i get with cubase, reaper and mixcraft same. other synths have not such problems.
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

Kabelix wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:06 pm Hey there. First of all: I really like Avenger. Besides the (all over) positive aspects, and before writing a report to Rene, i would like to ask a question to the communitiy here, about the (well discussed) performance issues, regarding GPU vs CPU usage.

In my case, I can load up to 20 instances of avenger. The CPU usage looks okay (well, of course depending on what kind of presets i load). The GPU *PROCESSING* usage as well.

My Problem is: The GPU *MEMORY*.

Yes, my system specs are really individual, and my GPU is lightly outdated. But: Is there anybody out there, who could confirm this?

When opening a (previously saved) cubase project i.e., with all Avenger GUIs closed, there is absolutely no Problem. But when opening the GUis, one after another, and even when closing them right after...

I will get a GPU Memory overload...

It simply looks like, the GPU Memory is not unloaded after closing the GUI.

This is a first Screenshot, with only 2 Instances opened:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-09-29 um 17.57.53.png
Could this not be a factor?

Also sounds like the old pentium p4 denormalisation symptom... wonder what type of cpu the gpu of videocards are now?

magicmusic wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:28 pm
surreal wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:57 pm
I use the intel onboard graphic with DVI. the crackle happen when i close edit window too. crackle is sync to arp step. maybe other can do test as see in youtube video i upload in some posts ago ?

If avenger use GPU to render audio, i can try disable that. is that possible ?

My CPU is 1 year ago released from intel 8600k and it is fast. the crackle on arp step i get with cubase, reaper and mixcraft same. other synths have not such problems.
Could be over asio?
That's still a big problem over asio with latency and cracks.
Wasapi no problems.
I hope this gets fixed for once guys. It's important!
My sounddesign: Synth1/Ex5/D-50 patches https://goo.gl/zE3pkk
My stuff: W10x64i7 15" laptop, Reaper/Cantabile3+Synth1+Avenger on stage+NordStage2+Samson Graphite 49
Loving new VPS Avenger! Check my skins! https://goo.gl/MBNJHj

I have AMD Radeon HD7700 (100% passive - no fan)

btw generally I am not a fan of mixing gaming pc, internet surfing and office pc and your studio music working pc

msvs wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:21 am I have AMD Radeon HD7700 (100% passive - no fan)

btw generally I am not a fan of mixing gaming pc, internet surfing and office pc and your studio music working pc
The problem is in the asio driver. My PC is dedicated to music only and optimised, a recent performant 3ghz with ssd. All works perfect, on wasapi but not on asio. I bought a new soundcard, and another soundcard from another brand. Problem stays or gets worse.
I'm on Motu mk4 now. So it's not toy quality.
I managed to improve the latency by using jbridge. But still...
It's a known and reported problem. I hope this will be fixed one day.

Avenger is my best plugin but still has major issues to fix. Otherwise it would be my nr 1 workhorse.
My sounddesign: Synth1/Ex5/D-50 patches https://goo.gl/zE3pkk
My stuff: W10x64i7 15" laptop, Reaper/Cantabile3+Synth1+Avenger on stage+NordStage2+Samson Graphite 49
Loving new VPS Avenger! Check my skins! https://goo.gl/MBNJHj

I have RME audio cards and their Asio drivers are stable as hell

godly wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:47 am ...I managed to improve the latency by using jbridge. But still...
What do you use jbridge for???

I also had some crackles in Live 10.18 and I have a RME interface, i7-8700@4.2Ghz and 32GB mem.

JoaquinAce wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:52 pm I also had some crackles in Live 10.18 and I have a RME interface, i7-8700@4.2Ghz and 32GB mem.
You guys need to check if your PSU is sufficient to supply enough wattage to run your computers. First of all, change the energy saving theme in Windows to high efficiency or whatever that's called. If that don't fix the problem, upgrade the PSU. We musicians like to connect a lot of USB devices (interfaces, MIDI keyboards, perhaps some other outboard gear), like to have a good gfx card for gaming and all of those devices suck power. I was getting a lot of crackles from my audio interface (Tascam US 22) just by moving my mouse cursor around until I upgraded to 900W PSU.
Just a modest 80's admirer.
My SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/user-675457440

Avenger never used GPU for audio calculation :lol: That would be the first commercial VST doing so (except UAD) and then it would use 0.5% :hihi: I think you can save your time searching for a hardware problem. There is none, it is software made.

I would appreciate if that spiking problem now finally was accepted by the team as being a in reality existing problem. There needs to be some optimization to prevent such spikes. Since msvs has a slightly more recent i7 than me (I guess one generation or so?), the only real diff seems to be additionally provided cpu instruction sets, which will be targeted by the c++ compiler automatically (except Rene is using custom assembler inside). That's why I assumed it could be the compiler setting. Or, as stated by surreal, a denormalization problem, which needs to be fixed manually within the code then, also recent common dsp libs still are doing that manually.

Return to “Instruments”