Hive 2 is coming!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hive 2

Nobody confirmed an expanded mod matrix yet :D

I hope a sale...i regret to sold it.... : (

Grizzellda wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:13 pmSo it kinda sounds like whatever new modularity is available will be accessed thru an expanded ModMatrix, and the basic flow of the synth's design will remain much like it has been.
It's actually the same kind of modularity it already has. We're just adding a wider palette of options to it, and Sample & Hold on each "cable".

EvilDragon wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:39 pm Nobody confirmed an expanded mod matrix yet :D
Heh heh...what about that Shape Sequencer stuff? Function Generators? And what the developer says...
Urs wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:08 pm It's actually the same kind of modularity it already has. We're just adding a wider palette of options to it, and Sample & Hold on each "cable".
And Grizzellda might say that a "wider palette of options" could be viewed as "expanded"! :hihi: :hihi:

Hey...I didn't mean "bigger" in a GUI sense, we will know what it looks like when they actually release the instrument. Not gonna speculate. I was thinking in terms of new modulation options and how stuff would be routed... because all that new info Urs wrote a few pages back, (the video text stuff) impressed me...quite some features to consider.

And with the addition of wavetables, I surely feel Hive has been "somewhat expanded".

Quick question, what is currently the method for random preset generation in Hive?
SLH - Yes, I am a woman, deal with it.

h2p scripting, which can be a bit buggy. :)

Hey, Urs. Thanks for taking time and responding to our questions here at KVR. I have been spending a past few months learning Zebra 2.8 and it has made me quite the U-he fanboy. Keep up the great work.

Just, you know, keeping you up to date where we're heading with this...

Still a bit of work ahead, little colour corrections, a few pixels or highlights here and there.

looks gorgeus already

The hexagon looks weirdly out of proportion

Looks great, and I'm really looking forward to the update!

Aliens wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:23 pm The hexagon looks weirdly out of proportion
Oh, that's probably because this page still has some space for extra elements.

looks damn tasty, both in design- as well as feature set wise! :tu:

Tempted to demo it in the hope that it won't sound as good as it looks as i actually don't really want any new synths at the moment :hyper:
Last edited by FapFilter on Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

Looks amazing, so inviting :tu:
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

Looking great. Hive is the only synth I've actually bought a skin for - Spartan Gray by satYatunes. I just couldn't get along with the vanilla GUI. Hope they update it for Hive 2, though by the looks of it, I could probably live with the stock skin in Hive 2 :)

Return to “Instruments”