bx_oberhausen from Plugin Alliance has landed

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I’m sure it’s competitive with Waves and Softube offerings. Those are the other two players who make modelled effects primarily. With Synths being more of a side project.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

gentleclockdivider wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:56 pm
Really , not on par with u-he , synapse ..hmmm...
Is that because you compared the brainworx with the moog , or maybe the pro-1 , afaik u-he , native , synapse etc.. have not yet developed a sem ...so you can't really compare can you :tu:
Or did you compare it with a real SEM , maybe you should
No definitely not on pair. And you won't change my opinion.

You are missing my point entirely. I am aware u-he doesn't offer specific emulation of same device. I am working with plugins for last 20 years. I can easily pick plugin which is producing sheer quality. And i have zero emotions for most of them. If oberhausen was good (to me) i would gladly say it here. But it's laughable. Not because it sound bad it's not. It's decent but not in a league of well known players.

When i say laughable i actually don't think on Oberhausen sound i think on that specific mind trip where they are trying to convince people that Oberhausen is next Legolas because it is built with their patented TMT technology. Then person try it and....and...it's not Legolas :hihi:

To give you another point of view. I am pretty confident that i could go much closer to "that" tone we all want (i am speaking of hardware sound) or "that oberheim character" with U-he Diva (even though it's not emulating same device) then with Oberhausen. Sorry.

chk071 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:57 pm I'd say it's pretty much on one level with Diva or Monark, sound wise. Also CPU consumption wise. :ud:

As i mentioned, only thing i wasn't so sure about are the envelopes. But, maybe they're just as sluggish on the real thing, i don't know. I figure so, otherwise the envelope times wouldn't start at 4 or 5 ms on the emulation.
As a former Oberheim owner (one of my favorite synths ever) the envelopes are not snappy, that's for sure. That's the Oberheim feel. If you want snappy envelopes, stay away from Oberheims.

Aye. :tu:

waltercruz wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:28 pm
Urs wrote: In the handbook they use the term "unparalleled authenticity". I'd say that's a paradox, but maybe I misunderstand what is meant here and there. Can't be sure these days...
I understood that they used the measurement of several units (kinda similar of what U-he did with Repro-1 don't?). So, it's not an emulation of a specific unit.
I understood "unparalleled authenticity" to mean, when measuring the synth's internal schematics, they used lines that intersected.
A well-behaved signature.

JerGoertz wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:40 pm
waltercruz wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:28 pm
Urs wrote: In the handbook they use the term "unparalleled authenticity". I'd say that's a paradox, but maybe I misunderstand what is meant here and there. Can't be sure these days...
I understood that they used the measurement of several units (kinda similar of what U-he did with Repro-1 don't?). So, it's not an emulation of a specific unit.
I understood "unparalleled authenticity" to mean, when measuring the synth's internal schematics, they used lines that intersected.
Yes, they emulated down to circuit component level but only using components whos board-traces do not intersect. This way they can ensure the highest degree of unparalleled authenticy to the original board design. amazing! :party: :phones:

Let them use their buzzword tmt , korg did it way back in 2005 (cmt) , arturia had their TAE ..we all know these acronyms are just used for marketing .
Buzzword acronyms or not , it's the sound that counts .
Sure it doesn't have that in your face sound like the prophet , pro , moog , because the sem has totally different character , period.
Imho , brainworx delivered a nice piece of code .
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:56 pm Let them use their buzzword tmt , korg did it way back in 2005 (cmt) , arturia had their TAE ..we all know these acronyms are just used for marketing .
Buzzword acronyms or not , it's the sound that counts .
I wanted to write the same earlier. There's even another one i found: Waves' VVT. ;)

JerGoertz wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:40 pm I understood "unparalleled authenticity" to mean, when measuring the synth's internal schematics, they used lines that intersected.
SERIAL AUTHENTICITY :party:

gentleclockdivider wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:56 pm afaik u-he , native , synapse etc.. have not yet developed a sem ...so you can't really compare can you :tu:
Diva has an Oberheim filter!

Great synth! :) Lousy effects. :scared: Work on those effects and then we'll talk.

Seriously, that reverb is the cure for the will to live.

Sound Author wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:45 am Great synth! :) Lousy effects. :scared: Work on those effects and then we'll talk.

Seriously, that reverb is the cure for the will to live.
I have yet to even listen to this thing. How's that for willpower?

waltercruz wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:10 pm
gentleclockdivider wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:56 pm afaik u-he , native , synapse etc.. have not yet developed a sem ...so you can't really compare can you :tu:
Diva has an Oberheim filter!
Yes, the "Uhbie" filter is quite close! :tu:

I do think Oberhausen has a wee-bit "tighter" low end than Diva though. But Diva's lows are ballsier...maybe not as focused, but there's a little more meat on Diva's bones. Still really like Oberhausen though. Very nice. But yeah, like I said, those effects are NOT GOOD.

Sound Author wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:02 am I do think Oberhausen has a wee-bit "tighter" low end than Diva though. But Diva's lows are ballsier...maybe not as focused, but there's a little more meat on Diva's bones. Still really like Oberhausen though. Very nice. But yeah, like I said, those effects are NOT GOOD.
what are you trying to say , that diva's uhbi ( oberheim) filter has more low end , at a low cutoff point and boosting the resonance :lol:
If diva has more low end it will probably come from the oscillators ( depending on the chosen mode ) or the amp , saturation stage , which I'll say again is not modelled on an oberheim .
You're comparing apples with oranges
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Return to “Instruments”