One Synth Challenge #121: Any One Synth (Rellik Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Voted - also I'm a little late but I want to jump on the Eauson fan bus too :D

Voted- I've been really quite busy of late so I focused on just voting, I'll try and get some comments in before this is all over. As others have said the average was quite high this round which has made it pretty difficult to separate tracks into different scores.

I have finished voting, yesterday. Great tracks.

Eauson wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:18 pm
Harry_HH wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:43 am Voted.
This time, for me, very distinctive top 4:

Full Bucket: best house jam piece
OnTrackP: most versatile, impressive set of sounds - absolutely great piece of work!
Loris: most evocative, symphonic piece
DrBob: funniest, great playing, skillful mix of trad/modern

All of the above, good balance in mastering.
(unfortunately, can´t say quite many of the other participants, too loud/unbalanced mixes/masterings take points down in my evaluation).

:party: :tu:
Cough, cough,
Also one of them used non synth thingies
:o
I just thought I'd point it out, however now I feel like a tell tale :oops: was mentioned when submitted.
All good with me though, my voting is based on my own criteria :phones: :hug: :party: 8)
I think there may be a misunderstanding here.
Have checked all the above and can find no uses of anything that would contravene OSC rules.
Perhaps you refer to Full Buckets comment with respect to drum sounds:
to clarify: he used one of his own synths, which has been freely available for a long time. It is an emulation of hardware synth, and what he did for drums was to use a functionality built into the synth which was not available in the original hardware, and as a purist he wanted to keep within the original hardware specs.
@fullbucket btw I love the 'no user serviceable part inside' label which leads to the additional functions. Lots of fun :)

I have voted - amazing work everyone.

So far not had time to do my usual commenting - very busy and might not be able to squeeze it in this month. Sorry and thanks to all who have taken the time to give feedback, always appreciated :tu:

I have voted like this: 1 = needs more work, 2 = almost good, 3 = good, 4 = very good, 5 = very good with nice surprises.
And huge thanks for the comments on SC, I know I should contribute more comments as well but I have little spare time and I don't like to avoid commenting all tracks.

RichardSemper wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:22 am
Eauson wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:18 pm
Harry_HH wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:43 am Voted.
This time, for me, very distinctive top 4:

Full Bucket: best house jam piece
OnTrackP: most versatile, impressive set of sounds - absolutely great piece of work!
Loris: most evocative, symphonic piece
DrBob: funniest, great playing, skillful mix of trad/modern

All of the above, good balance in mastering.
(unfortunately, can´t say quite many of the other participants, too loud/unbalanced mixes/masterings take points down in my evaluation).

:party: :tu:
Cough, cough,
Also one of them used non synth thingies
:o
I just thought I'd point it out, however now I feel like a tell tale :oops: was mentioned when submitted.
All good with me though, my voting is based on my own criteria :phones: :hug: :party: 8)
I think there may be a misunderstanding here.
Have checked all the above and can find no uses of anything that would contravene OSC rules.
Perhaps you refer to Full Buckets comment with respect to drum sounds:
to clarify: he used one of his own synths, which has been freely available for a long time. It is an emulation of hardware synth, and what he did for drums was to use a functionality built into the synth which was not available in the original hardware, and as a purist he wanted to keep within the original hardware specs.
@fullbucket btw I love the 'no user serviceable part inside' label which leads to the additional functions. Lots of fun :)
Oh dear, well that's me truly :dog: :oops: :help: :clown:
I must have misread, so Sorry :hug:
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

Rellik wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:48 am Voted - also I'm a little late but I want to jump on the Eauson fan bus too :D
Thankyouverymuch :hug:
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

Eauson wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:26 pm
Rellik wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:48 am Voted - also I'm a little late but I want to jump on the Eauson fan bus too :D
We love your music Eauson. Top notch track this month. GL! :hug:

exponent1 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:31 pm
Eauson wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:26 pm
We love your music Eauson. Top notch track this month. GL! :hug:
+1, Another Eauson fan here :D imho, often some of the 'coolest' music in OSC :hug:

Just finished my voting. There were a lot of tracks this month.
Synth1 seemed to be the most popular choice. - Interesting. Specially considering that it is quite old. I guess just goes to show how good it is. It has certainly aged well. Still packs a punch and can hold its own to a lot of modern and expensive VSTs...

Voted!
zarf wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:02 pmSo far not had time to do my usual commenting - very busy and might not be able to squeeze it in this month. Sorry and thanks to all who have taken the time to give feedback, always appreciated :tu:
Comrade wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:31 am Voted- I've been really quite busy of late so I focused on just voting, I'll try and get some comments in before this is all over.
Yep, sounds familiar, same here :? ... As I noted in some PMs, I've been really pressed for time at the moment, so I was initially afraid I wouldn't even be able to vote properly, given the number of entries. Luckily, I managed to finish doing that in time, just now.

And ahhh, very high quality overall, and a handful of stupendous pieces in there also, I mean, just hnnnnng... Wonderful displays of both musical and technical control. Even if I can't comment on most, I'm definitely going to write something on soundcloud on these in a while, it would be such a shame not to :)

Also finished voting yesterday.... 48 tracks - holy crap!! The amount of collective effort was astounding.

My personal voting scale:
1= ???
2= This is good enough to be a song. Could use some work or something about it that just didn't quite work well with my ears.
3= Good song! Not really up with the overall quality of the best ones from my perspective
4= VERY good song! There are a bunch of these songs in here that are over-the-top good in execution, but just didn't hit me in the emotional/body level of the ones I gave 5 to.
5= Not a lot of these. Not only well done technically but also did that thing that music I really like does which hits me on that other level.

A song that gets me excited enough to give a 5 to might not be technically as good as some of the 4's but that's just my own lens for voting. Hope I didn't step on any toes... again - SO much great work here!! :)
Last edited by mostlyjustj on Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Voted. Great listening!
Just a touch of EQ and a tickle of compression

I voted a few days ago but I forgot to post here. I think I was most impressed with the FM8 efforts, I just didn't give that synth enough credit.

Return to “Instruments”