news compadre
Cheers andy!

nix808 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:57 am
tdm wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:19 am
news compadre
Cheers andy!
:tu:

Thanks for the info, Andy.

tdm wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:07 pm Thanks for the info, Andy.
No Problem. Though a bit basic I also liked the new synth Flex. Especially the new style of clean and modern GUI of it. I hope Image Line applies this new look to the rest of the plugins and FLS itself.

Today I downloaded FL for Mac.. forgot I had the signature bundle and I really like the look and sound of the synths included. Just getting to grips about how to automate stuff but so far I'm liking this DAW. Very nice UI too. Great that it's on Mac :tu:

I'll probably demo FL Studio soon along with Cubase and Studio 1. Just to see if I'm missing anything with my Reaper amd Renoise workflow. I have Komplete, Melodyne and other vst stuff so its more the workflow and layout than extras I'm interested in.

The workflow in FLS is a mess for me. It's a fine program but it doesn't jive with me at all.

FL's strength is its playlist where you can work with least amount of vertical scrolling back and forth when you have many tracks. In the extreme case, you can arrange 10 vsts and 10 audio clips (having different vst effects) in 2(*1 is possible too) lanes while you have to deal with 20 tracks in other daws throughout the arranging phase.

In other word, if you don't benefit from this behavior, having Playlist alongside Channel Rack could be cumbersome and convoluted.

tooneba wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:54 am FL's strength is its playlist where you can work with least amount of vertical scrolling back and forth when you have many tracks. In the extreme case, you can arrange 10 vsts and 10 audio clips (having different vst effects) in 2(*1 is possible too) lanes while you have to deal with 20 tracks in other daws throughout the arranging phase.

In other word, if you don't benefit from this behavior, having Playlist alongside Channel Rack could be cumbersome and convoluted.
Ok gotcha. I watched part of a beginner FLS tutorial and could see the playlist gives it a different layout from other DAWs. Not sure if it's a benefit or not, so I'd have to try it out.
How are things like:
Routing for send tracks.
Rendering parts to samples.
Live sampling.
Sample manipulation.
Multi-core support.
BPM and time signature changes.
Groove quantize templates.
Advanced step sequencing options.
MPE support.

Basically, how is routing and creative stuff? Quick and easy, or a lot of menus?

So I installed 20.1 version and so far it works badly - crashed already few times, loading projects takes ages - I have also FL Studio 12.5 and it works much better, almost no crashes and no problems with loading projects.

Inversion Of Control wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:32 pm So I installed 20.1 version and so far it works badly - crashed already few times, loading projects takes ages - I have also FL Studio 12.5 and it works much better, almost no crashes and no problems with loading projects.
Works perfectly fine for me. Are you using the latest official release 20.1.2.887?

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:44 pm
Inversion Of Control wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:32 pm So I installed 20.1 version and so far it works badly - crashed already few times, loading projects takes ages - I have also FL Studio 12.5 and it works much better, almost no crashes and no problems with loading projects.
Works perfectly fine for me. Are you using the latest official release 20.1.2.887?

Yes, I downloaded and installed it this week.
What's more, FL20 takes MORE processor power than FL12 :(

Inversion Of Control wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:28 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:44 pm

Yes, I downloaded and installed it this week.
What's more, FL20 takes MORE processor power than FL12 :(
That's strange. Was it a clean install of FL 20? I mean did you install it for the first time?

Try this if you haven't gone too far with your customizations: Unistall FL 20. Restart your PC. Install again to new folder (delete/rename other foldee after uninstall); make sure "Clear settings" is selected and "Migrate previous" is deselected - this will make it a clean install and you will have to set up things again. After installing, restart your PC again before launching it. Also, make sure to register/unlock this version using the About>Unlock with account option in FL.

You could also post it in technical support forum at IL website. Developers are active and very helpful.

andypryce wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:13 am
tdm wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:07 pm Thanks for the info, Andy.
No Problem. Though a bit basic I also liked the new synth Flex. Especially the new style of clean and modern GUI of it. I hope Image Line applies this new look to the rest of the plugins and FLS itself.
By “clean and modern”, do you mean flat and minimal? Because if so... please no.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”