Valhalla Delay released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ValhallaDelay

Demoing it at the moment. It sounds really really great, and I like the way the plug-in provides a lot of possibilities with a minimal number of knobs and elegantly. Great job guys !

About the installers on Windows, usually VST3 is installed in pre configured folders, and users can't change it. But for VST2 path, the choice is always given to users.

I saw an issue by the way in the demo. When I automate the drive knob, I can get huge volume spikes, only happening for a few hundred ms during changes.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:12 am A wild thought: Considering Valhalla Delay has BBD and Tape modes among others, can it replace Echoboy, Colour Copy and Replika XT?

Tough question?
Echoboy also can do those BDD type of delays, just play around with Diffusion, Size and loop setting. If you wount be stuck on the name Bucket Brigade and work within the plugins advanced settings you will be surprised what type of sounds you can get. Also if im right DM-2 mode in Echoboy is so called bucket brigade.

Anyhow Valhalla Sounds amazing, but so ColourCopy and Echoboy. Tho This one has really easy to use GUI and alot of different types of delays wich i think makes it really good delay to choose if you want something easy and complex at the same time and dont have any other advanced delays.

This sounds fantastic. I really think he struck the perfect balance between versatility of features and ease of use. Instabuy for sure.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

firepile wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:47 pm
robotmonkey wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:38 pm So... is it better than other good delays which there are plenty around?
Yes, it is glorious.
So is it the best delay ever made then?
No signature here!

Valhalla has not this modulation possibilities with extra LFO/Filter and misses also other features found in ReplikaXT and also Echoboy. So I don't think it will replace this delays.

On the other side its easier to use and sounds really good. A "bucket brigade" delay type is also not implemented in so many delays...

david.beholder wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:18 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:12 am A wild thought: Considering Valhalla Delay has BBD and Tape modes among others, can it replace Echoboy, Colour Copy and Replika XT?
Color copy couldn't sound as noisy/dirty/rough as Valhalla Delay. VD can't sound as sweet as CC.
Interesting...

Elektronisch wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:41 am

Tough question?
Echoboy also can do those BDD type of delays, just play around with Diffusion, Size and loop setting. If you wount be stuck on the name Bucket Brigade and work within the plugins advanced settings you will be surprised what type of sounds you can get. Also if im right DM-2 mode in Echoboy is so called bucket brigade.

Anyhow Valhalla Sounds amazing, but so ColourCopy and Echoboy. Tho This one has really easy to use GUI and alot of different types of delays wich i think makes it really good delay to choose if you want something easy and complex at the same time and dont have any other advanced delays.
Forgot to mention that I don't have the full Echoboy, only Echoboy Jr., as it suffices what I want and can do. :)

But yeah, Colour Copy and Replika XT can both do BBD type of delays among other types. Valhalla is always known for great sound and usability (have the VVV and Room), as you said, so I am sure it will be worth demoing at the least. Might consider it in future, but for now I have too many delays to play with. Maybe VD might replace one of my current delay plugins. :)

After discovering the free Cocoa Delay, I don't think I can ever justify buying another delay plugin again. It's like the developer personally asked me what features I want in a delay, and then implemented them all :lol:
This obviously has a ton more features but for many music styles, probably overkill.

chk071 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:28 pm
Vortifex wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:42 pm 34 pages and counting for a delay plugin, lol. Some synths don't even get that much. And it's not even out yet.
Well, it's a Valhalla plugin, so, KVR goes absolutely nuts over it, no matter what it is like.
Just like with u-he.

Instabuy! :love:

It's an instant win. Thanks for making this great plugin!

Really in love with this plug , but I can't stop wondering how it would be with some extra taps + the slope/skew settings ported from ubermod
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

bleen wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:13 pm
4damind wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:48 pm
bleen wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:13 pm
4damind wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:58 pm
Vortifex wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:45 pm Does the demo completely stop after a while? A couple of times it's stopped outputting the delay signal and wouldn't return until I loaded a new instance.
Same here. Could be a bug?
DAW/OS? Thanks!
Cubase 10/Windows 10.
If its not a demo limitation, its a bug.
It's a bug in the demo; it doesn't happen in the full version. We're on it.
Good thing you really took your time before releasing it. :razz:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

plexuss wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:04 am Not on my copy - Age has no effect on the noise level, just the character of the noise. There appears to be no way to eliminate the noise. I often run into issues when mixing with plugin noise adding up. The noise level is low, but with further processing and other noisy plugins, it can add up and become audible.

I only want to work with plugins that allow me to control the noise. Perhaps it's just my use-case. That's fine. Keep it in mind. If it's not an issue for you, great stuff! one benefit is if you use Valhalla Delay you wont need to use dither - make sure to let your mastering engineer know. :phones:
I am totally with you on this - not because I want to be able to control it but because here it sounds really bad - What were they thinking?
For me it renders the BB mode basically useless - it also does not at all sound realistic to me and I can't remember ever having had that kind of noise in any BBD device I ever heard before, be it hardware or software (I own a Deluxe Memory Boy).

It's weird - it took them so long and now it feels like a rushed release. ;)
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Meanwhile I'm the kind of weirdo that wishes you could push the BBD noise even further LOL

The noise actually gets a lot quieter if you push the drive.

Return to “Effects”