Native Instruments Massive X Synth - Sequel to Massive

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
44262 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:25 am

:lol:

vertibration
KVRist
70 posts since 11 Nov, 2010 from ny

Re: Native Instruments Massive X Synth - Sequel to Massive (Videos Added)

Post Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:32 am

These videos are pathetic compared to Kilohearts Phaseplant promo video. NI has to do better, this is just sad as all hell

BBFG#
KVRAF
5605 posts since 28 Apr, 2013

Re: Native Instruments Massive X Synth - Sequel to Massive (Videos Added)

Post Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:37 am

I don't hate EDM (or any of the idioms turned into its subgenres.) I just wish they didn't get so boring as quick as they do (5th measure).

And yeah, quite a few don't like anything that is progressive. (And that genre has equally become a misnomer by poser.) But let's face it, every "genre" has become inundated with them. Too many "producers", not enough musicians...

Those videos actually make me feel NI is over-medicated. Or their research tells them their market is.

chk071
KVRAF
19825 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Re: Native Instruments Massive X Synth - Sequel to Massive (Videos Added)

Post Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:41 am

I'm pretty sure that that's a big part of the market (think kids who want to sound like EDM star XY, and easily part with their money). Does that mean that the synth is only suited for such sounds, or that you can't demo it, when it is being released? Nope. Again, let's face it, Massive was a huge success in Dubstep, and for related sounds. It would be silly to not market the synth like that.

User avatar
jancivil
KVRAF
18213 posts since 20 Oct, 2007 from No Location

Re: Native Instruments Massive X Synth - Sequel to Massive (Videos Added)

Post Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:50 am

At the time, Massive appeared SO targeted to 'Dubstep', which I have no real desire to get involved with at all, so cI figured I had no interest in the synth.
Years later I demoed it and it's a rather good synth IMO. Still don't love the looks of it, don't often use it.

noiseboyuk
KVRAF
2646 posts since 25 Jan, 2007

Re: Native Instruments Massive X Synth - Sequel to Massive (Videos Added)

Post Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:52 am

vertibration wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:32 am
These videos are pathetic compared to Kilohearts Phaseplant promo video. NI has to do better, this is just sad as all hell
I haven't seen that - is it like-for-like? This is just modulating single wavetables, is theirs similarly small in scope?
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.afterschoolvideoclub.com/
W10 Pro Creators Edition, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2018 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 9
MBP 2015 OSX 10.13.3 2.8ghz 16gb 1TB SSD

vertibration
KVRist
70 posts since 11 Nov, 2010 from ny

Re: Native Instruments Massive X Synth - Sequel to Massive (Videos Added)

Post Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:09 am

noiseboyuk wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:52 am
vertibration wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:32 am
These videos are pathetic compared to Kilohearts Phaseplant promo video. NI has to do better, this is just sad as all hell
I haven't seen that - is it like-for-like? This is just modulating single wavetables, is theirs similarly small in scope?
Check out the Kilohearts site for their new synth Phase Plant. It explains everything. Noisia is a big fan of Kilohearts

noiseboyuk
KVRAF
2646 posts since 25 Jan, 2007

Re: Native Instruments Massive X Synth - Sequel to Massive (Videos Added)

Post Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:30 am

vertibration wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:09 am
Check out the Kilohearts site for their new synth Phase Plant. It explains everything. Noisia is a big fan of Kilohearts
Oh FFS - just watched the first 20 seconds and laughed my head off.

I'm not saying its bad, I have no clue. But it's a fully produced track overlaid with whizzy 3D rendered super smashing GUIs. No idea if the track is all made with that synth or not, doesn't really matter. He's genuinely comparing that to a blog post with some info of one specific feature on an upcoming synth.

KV bloody R.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.afterschoolvideoclub.com/
W10 Pro Creators Edition, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2018 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 9
MBP 2015 OSX 10.13.3 2.8ghz 16gb 1TB SSD

vertibration
KVRist
70 posts since 11 Nov, 2010 from ny

Re: Native Instruments Massive X Synth - Sequel to Massive (Videos Added)

Post Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:38 am

noiseboyuk wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:30 am
vertibration wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:09 am
Check out the Kilohearts site for their new synth Phase Plant. It explains everything. Noisia is a big fan of Kilohearts
Oh FFS - just watched the first 20 seconds and laughed my head off.

I'm not saying its bad, I have no clue. But it's a fully produced track overlaid with whizzy 3D rendered super smashing GUIs. No idea if the track is all made with that synth or not, doesn't really matter. He's genuinely comparing that to a blog post with some info of one specific feature on an upcoming synth.

KV bloody R.
Eh wait till they both come out......

User avatar
Guenon
KVRAF
1601 posts since 17 Jun, 2005

Re: Native Instruments Massive X Synth - Sequel to Massive (Videos Added)

Post Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:55 am

Awh, no video of the Gorilla mode :D

Elektronisch
KVRAF
3058 posts since 3 Feb, 2010

Re: Native Instruments Massive X Synth - Sequel to Massive (Videos Added)

Post Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:57 am

vertibration wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:09 am
noiseboyuk wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:52 am
vertibration wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:32 am
These videos are pathetic compared to Kilohearts Phaseplant promo video. NI has to do better, this is just sad as all hell
I haven't seen that - is it like-for-like? This is just modulating single wavetables, is theirs similarly small in scope?
Check out the Kilohearts site for their new synth Phase Plant. It explains everything. Noisia is a big fan of Kilohearts
Noisia is also a fan of Native Instruments and use Massive too you know...

https://equipboard.com/pros/noisia

And i dont think NI is competing with Phase Plant

chk071
KVRAF
19825 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Re: Native Instruments Massive X Synth - Sequel to Massive (Videos Added)

Post Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:03 am

Guenon wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:55 am
Awh, no video of the Gorilla mode :D
I think the second vid is made with the Gorilla mode. :D

User avatar
EvilDragon
KVRAF
17986 posts since 7 Jan, 2009 from Croatia

Re: Native Instruments Massive X Synth - Sequel to Massive (Videos Added)

Post Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:04 am

Nope the second video is standard mode. Just phase modulation of wavetables.

Note how clean everything sounds!

User avatar
Guenon
KVRAF
1601 posts since 17 Jun, 2005

Re: Native Instruments Massive X Synth - Sequel to Massive (Videos Added)

Post Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:08 am

chk071 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:03 am
Guenon wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:55 am
Awh, no video of the Gorilla mode :D
I think the second vid is made with the Gorilla mode. :D
It says it's standard mode?

Ninja'd by ED :P

perfumer
KVRist
290 posts since 4 Oct, 2018

Re: Native Instruments Massive X Synth - Sequel to Massive (Videos Added)

Post Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:11 am

EvilDragon wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:04 am
Note how clean everything sounds!
Trying to compete with tone2 plugs???

Return to “Instruments”