Native Instruments Massive X Synth - Sequel to Massive (Out Now!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive Massive X X-Squared For Massive X

:lol:

These videos are pathetic compared to Kilohearts Phaseplant promo video. NI has to do better, this is just sad as all hell

I don't hate EDM (or any of the idioms turned into its subgenres.) I just wish they didn't get so boring as quick as they do (5th measure).

And yeah, quite a few don't like anything that is progressive. (And that genre has equally become a misnomer by poser.) But let's face it, every "genre" has become inundated with them. Too many "producers", not enough musicians...

Those videos actually make me feel NI is over-medicated. Or their research tells them their market is.

I'm pretty sure that that's a big part of the market (think kids who want to sound like EDM star XY, and easily part with their money). Does that mean that the synth is only suited for such sounds, or that you can't demo it, when it is being released? Nope. Again, let's face it, Massive was a huge success in Dubstep, and for related sounds. It would be silly to not market the synth like that.

At the time, Massive appeared SO targeted to 'Dubstep', which I have no real desire to get involved with at all, so cI figured I had no interest in the synth.
Years later I demoed it and it's a rather good synth IMO. Still don't love the looks of it, don't often use it.

vertibration wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:32 pm These videos are pathetic compared to Kilohearts Phaseplant promo video. NI has to do better, this is just sad as all hell
I haven't seen that - is it like-for-like? This is just modulating single wavetables, is theirs similarly small in scope?
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

noiseboyuk wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:52 pm
vertibration wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:32 pm These videos are pathetic compared to Kilohearts Phaseplant promo video. NI has to do better, this is just sad as all hell
I haven't seen that - is it like-for-like? This is just modulating single wavetables, is theirs similarly small in scope?
Check out the Kilohearts site for their new synth Phase Plant. It explains everything. Noisia is a big fan of Kilohearts

vertibration wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:09 pmCheck out the Kilohearts site for their new synth Phase Plant. It explains everything. Noisia is a big fan of Kilohearts
Oh FFS - just watched the first 20 seconds and laughed my head off.

I'm not saying its bad, I have no clue. But it's a fully produced track overlaid with whizzy 3D rendered super smashing GUIs. No idea if the track is all made with that synth or not, doesn't really matter. He's genuinely comparing that to a blog post with some info of one specific feature on an upcoming synth.

KV bloody R.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

noiseboyuk wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:30 pm
vertibration wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:09 pmCheck out the Kilohearts site for their new synth Phase Plant. It explains everything. Noisia is a big fan of Kilohearts
Oh FFS - just watched the first 20 seconds and laughed my head off.

I'm not saying its bad, I have no clue. But it's a fully produced track overlaid with whizzy 3D rendered super smashing GUIs. No idea if the track is all made with that synth or not, doesn't really matter. He's genuinely comparing that to a blog post with some info of one specific feature on an upcoming synth.

KV bloody R.
Eh wait till they both come out......

Awh, no video of the Gorilla mode :D

vertibration wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:09 pm
noiseboyuk wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:52 pm
Check out the Kilohearts site for their new synth Phase Plant. It explains everything. Noisia is a big fan of Kilohearts
Noisia is also a fan of Native Instruments and use Massive too you know...

https://equipboard.com/pros/noisia

And i dont think NI is competing with Phase Plant

Guenon wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:55 pm Awh, no video of the Gorilla mode :D
I think the second vid is made with the Gorilla mode. :D

Nope the second video is standard mode. Just phase modulation of wavetables.

Note how clean everything sounds!

chk071 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:03 pm
Guenon wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:55 pm Awh, no video of the Gorilla mode :D
I think the second vid is made with the Gorilla mode. :D
It says it's standard mode?

Ninja'd by ED :P

EvilDragon wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:04 pm Note how clean everything sounds!
Trying to compete with tone2 plugs???

Return to “Instruments”