SynthMaster, is it worth it?

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
kv331
KVRAF
5686 posts since 14 Nov, 2006 from Ankara, Turkey

Post Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:13 am

NeoKortex88 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:08 am
well the only thing i still want at SOME point is Omni. But i guess i can wait another 2 years. And maybe then Zebra3 is out... who knows :P
With SM3, we're adding multisampled acoustic instruments and vocals. and granular synthesis. and sample editor. and wavetable editor. Period :)

The only area that'll be missing in SM3 will be effects. We don't have time to do R&D on effects right now so we'll use the old code. However, the FX chain will not be static, it'll have dynamic instantiation of insert effects.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted "Best VST/AU Synth of 2016" by MusicRadar readers
SynthMaster One voted "Best New Virtual Instrument of 2017" by MusicRadar readers

NeoKortex88
KVRist
126 posts since 3 Dec, 2018

Re: SynthMaster, is it worth it?

Post Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:19 am

Sounds good! Which brings me to the next point. What is the sound like? Can its oscillators and effetcs compete with Diva, Omni, Falcon?

edit: oh you are in Everetts list (Fathom creator)

1. Spectrasonics Omnisphere
2. uhe Diva
3. Synapse Audio Dune 3
4. DSAudio Thorn
5. Lennar Digital Sylenth
6. XFer Records Serum
7. Vengence VPS Avenger
8. SynthMaster
9. Reveal Sound Spire
10. uhe Zebra
11. SWA Fathom

WasteLand
KVRist
225 posts since 8 Jun, 2018

Re: SynthMaster, is it worth it?

Post Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:28 am

just bought it, after long doubt (overlap with other synths, not the big names always mentioned, i do not have them, o perhaps the NI ones... but not the serum, falcon, etc. names), because i am very curious for version 3, and it is a great synth. by the way, can't download it now, seems some wrong with host of the files. so i will have to wait (i have the demo).
win 7 pro; cubase 10 pro, live 10 suite (+push 2), reaper, arturia V collection 6, reason 10, maschine (mk3+jam), korg collection, komplete 11 ultimate, softube modular, VM and many more..
https://soundcloud.com/sada-exposada

kv331
KVRAF
5686 posts since 14 Nov, 2006 from Ankara, Turkey

Re: SynthMaster, is it worth it?

Post Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:44 am

WasteLand wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:28 am
by the way, can't download it now, seems some wrong with host of the files. so i will have to wait (i have the demo).
Was there a problem with our server? Our content delivery network should be working
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted "Best VST/AU Synth of 2016" by MusicRadar readers
SynthMaster One voted "Best New Virtual Instrument of 2017" by MusicRadar readers

WasteLand
KVRist
225 posts since 8 Jun, 2018

Re: SynthMaster, is it worth it?

Post Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:47 am

kv331 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:44 am
WasteLand wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:28 am
by the way, can't download it now, seems some wrong with host of the files. so i will have to wait (i have the demo).
Was there a problem with our server? Our content delivery network should be working
i have sent an e-mail about it; i receive 502 bad gateway.

http://synthmaster-12xzvhstlv2t.stackpa ... s/windows/

didn't show the complete url, don't know if it uses an ID, that is connected to my license.

i bought the upgrade from player via pluginboutique, but that can't be the problem?

502 bad gateway.

if i look at the user area, size unknown, on the site i meand, version unknown..
win 7 pro; cubase 10 pro, live 10 suite (+push 2), reaper, arturia V collection 6, reason 10, maschine (mk3+jam), korg collection, komplete 11 ultimate, softube modular, VM and many more..
https://soundcloud.com/sada-exposada

User avatar
andymcbain
KVRist
215 posts since 10 Jan, 2017

Re: SynthMaster, is it worth it?

Post Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:03 am

NeoKortex88 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:19 am
Sounds good! Which brings me to the next point. What is the sound like? Can its oscillators and effetcs compete with Diva, Omni, Falcon?
Both Synthmaster and Synthmaster One can sound very rich - I like the filters especially. I'm less keen on the sound when the effects and onboard EQ are piled on - as they are in some of the presets.

User avatar
Distorted Horizon
KVRAF
1952 posts since 17 Jan, 2017 from Planet of cats

Re: SynthMaster, is it worth it?

Post Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:15 am

WasteLand wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:47 am
i bought the upgrade from player via pluginboutique, but that can't be the problem?
Heresy! You buy directly from the dev if you want to support them :smack: :box:

WasteLand
KVRist
225 posts since 8 Jun, 2018

Re: SynthMaster, is it worth it?

Post Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:23 am

Distorted Horizon wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:15 am
WasteLand wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:47 am
i bought the upgrade from player via pluginboutique, but that can't be the problem?
Heresy! You buy directly from the dev if you want to support them :smack: :box:
i am already burning!
win 7 pro; cubase 10 pro, live 10 suite (+push 2), reaper, arturia V collection 6, reason 10, maschine (mk3+jam), korg collection, komplete 11 ultimate, softube modular, VM and many more..
https://soundcloud.com/sada-exposada

kv331
KVRAF
5686 posts since 14 Nov, 2006 from Ankara, Turkey

Re: SynthMaster, is it worth it?

Post Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:25 am

The download issue is not related to purchasing from PB though. Did you try again?
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted "Best VST/AU Synth of 2016" by MusicRadar readers
SynthMaster One voted "Best New Virtual Instrument of 2017" by MusicRadar readers

WasteLand
KVRist
225 posts since 8 Jun, 2018

Re: SynthMaster, is it worth it?

Post Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:50 am

kv331 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:25 am
The download issue is not related to purchasing from PB though. Did you try again?
several times. in two browsers, chrome (with no blockers, i use it sometimes), firefox (with 5 block add-ons...)

same result

EDIT: 3 browser, tryed als via EDGE. but it is strange when you look at the site: user area:

size = unknown
version = unknown

before that it stated the download size and version number...

(i have also synthmaster player of course, therefore the upgrade...)

seems a server related problem, or some network node...
Last edited by WasteLand on Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
win 7 pro; cubase 10 pro, live 10 suite (+push 2), reaper, arturia V collection 6, reason 10, maschine (mk3+jam), korg collection, komplete 11 ultimate, softube modular, VM and many more..
https://soundcloud.com/sada-exposada

kelvyn
KVRian
1056 posts since 9 Mar, 2008 from netherlands

Re: SynthMaster, is it worth it?

Post Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:52 am

Definitely worth it :tu:
I have all the usual suspects and Synthmaster has become one of the first synths I go to when I’m searching for bread and butter sounds but also something more individual and interesting. There’s such an amazing pool of presets that I almost always find something either as is or to tweak. Along with Omnisphere, RMX,
Kontakt and U he stuff a definite desert island softy:)

User avatar
exmatproton
KVRAF
2204 posts since 25 Apr, 2011

Re: SynthMaster, is it worth it?

Post Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:54 am

For me, it is the buggiest synth at the moment (and i have a lot of synths). Even the nightly of Surge is more stable. It slows FLS down to the point it runs at 15 fps for some strange reason when the gui is open. Also, at that point, it won't register all midi inputs anymore. Same with SM1.

So no, it isn't worth it (for me). I never use SM (one)

BERFAB
KVRAF
6071 posts since 25 Mar, 2004

Re: SynthMaster, is it worth it?

Post Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:57 am

Synthmaster is great. Excellent value.
The biz model is a bit different: the basic synth is priced very cheap. The packages you can buy are priced so that you're essentially paying for presets. Buy as many or as few as you need.

The sound is excellent and very tweakable. In my set up, Synthmaster is my go-to Hammond B-3. And I own a bunch of actual Hammond B-3 emulation vsts.
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

seangm
KVRist
77 posts since 7 Dec, 2017

Re: SynthMaster, is it worth it?

Post Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:27 am

Very much worth it, I have SM1 & SM2, looking forward to SM3

User avatar
Spencer Maddox
KVRian
501 posts since 19 Oct, 2017 from a state of anxiety

Re: SynthMaster, is it worth it?

Post Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:45 am

BERFAB wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:57 am
Synthmaster is great. Excellent value.
The biz model is a bit different: the basic synth is priced very cheap. The packages you can buy are priced so that you're essentially paying for presets. Buy as many or as few as you need.

The sound is excellent and very tweakable. In my set up, Synthmaster is my go-to Hammond B-3. And I own a bunch of actual Hammond B-3 emulation vsts.
Best Value for any synth period in my opinion.

To answer OP. YES! It's worth it! It does almost anything, and anything It can't do is going to be added in Sm3 given KV311s post above :love:
exmatproton wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:54 am
For me, it is the buggiest synth at the moment (and i have a lot of synths). Even the nightly of Surge is more stable. It slows FLS down to the point it runs at 15 fps for some strange reason when the gui is open. Also, at that point, it won't register all midi inputs anymore. Same with SM1.

So no, it isn't worth it (for me). I never use SM (one)
Well the problem is your using FL Studio :party:
Kidding Kidding :hihi: I kid FL.
What are the specs on your system however? Just curious.
Freinds Don't Let Freinds use Serum Presets

Return to “Instruments”