SynthMaster, is it worth it?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SynthMaster 2 SynthMaster One

NeoKortex88 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:08 am well the only thing i still want at SOME point is Omni. But i guess i can wait another 2 years. And maybe then Zebra3 is out... who knows :P
With SM3, we're adding multisampled acoustic instruments and vocals. and granular synthesis. and sample editor. and wavetable editor. Period :)

The only area that'll be missing in SM3 will be effects. We don't have time to do R&D on effects right now so we'll use the old code. However, the FX chain will not be static, it'll have dynamic instantiation of insert effects.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Sounds good! Which brings me to the next point. What is the sound like? Can its oscillators and effetcs compete with Diva, Omni, Falcon?

edit: oh you are in Everetts list (Fathom creator)

1. Spectrasonics Omnisphere
2. uhe Diva
3. Synapse Audio Dune 3
4. DSAudio Thorn
5. Lennar Digital Sylenth
6. XFer Records Serum
7. Vengence VPS Avenger
8. SynthMaster
9. Reveal Sound Spire
10. uhe Zebra
11. SWA Fathom

just bought it, after long doubt (overlap with other synths, not the big names always mentioned, i do not have them, o perhaps the NI ones... but not the serum, falcon, etc. names), because i am very curious for version 3, and it is a great synth. by the way, can't download it now, seems some wrong with host of the files. so i will have to wait (i have the demo).

WasteLand wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:28 am by the way, can't download it now, seems some wrong with host of the files. so i will have to wait (i have the demo).
Was there a problem with our server? Our content delivery network should be working
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:44 am
WasteLand wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:28 am by the way, can't download it now, seems some wrong with host of the files. so i will have to wait (i have the demo).
Was there a problem with our server? Our content delivery network should be working
i have sent an e-mail about it; i receive 502 bad gateway.

http://synthmaster-12xzvhstlv2t.stackpa ... s/windows/

didn't show the complete url, don't know if it uses an ID, that is connected to my license.

i bought the upgrade from player via pluginboutique, but that can't be the problem?

502 bad gateway.

if i look at the user area, size unknown, on the site i meand, version unknown..

NeoKortex88 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:19 am Sounds good! Which brings me to the next point. What is the sound like? Can its oscillators and effetcs compete with Diva, Omni, Falcon?
Both Synthmaster and Synthmaster One can sound very rich - I like the filters especially. I'm less keen on the sound when the effects and onboard EQ are piled on - as they are in some of the presets.

WasteLand wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:47 am i bought the upgrade from player via pluginboutique, but that can't be the problem?
Heresy! You buy directly from the dev if you want to support them :smack: :box:

Distorted Horizon wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:15 pm
WasteLand wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:47 am i bought the upgrade from player via pluginboutique, but that can't be the problem?
Heresy! You buy directly from the dev if you want to support them :smack: :box:
i am already burning!

The download issue is not related to purchasing from PB though. Did you try again?
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:25 pm The download issue is not related to purchasing from PB though. Did you try again?
several times. in two browsers, chrome (with no blockers, i use it sometimes), firefox (with 5 block add-ons...)

same result

EDIT: 3 browser, tryed als via EDGE. but it is strange when you look at the site: user area:

size = unknown
version = unknown

before that it stated the download size and version number...

(i have also synthmaster player of course, therefore the upgrade...)

seems a server related problem, or some network node...
Last edited by WasteLand on Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Definitely worth it :tu:
I have all the usual suspects and Synthmaster has become one of the first synths I go to when I’m searching for bread and butter sounds but also something more individual and interesting. There’s such an amazing pool of presets that I almost always find something either as is or to tweak. Along with Omnisphere, RMX,
Kontakt and U he stuff a definite desert island softy:)

For me, it is the buggiest synth at the moment (and i have a lot of synths). Even the nightly of Surge is more stable. It slows FLS down to the point it runs at 15 fps for some strange reason when the gui is open. Also, at that point, it won't register all midi inputs anymore. Same with SM1.

So no, it isn't worth it (for me). I never use SM (one)

Synthmaster is great. Excellent value.
The biz model is a bit different: the basic synth is priced very cheap. The packages you can buy are priced so that you're essentially paying for presets. Buy as many or as few as you need.

The sound is excellent and very tweakable. In my set up, Synthmaster is my go-to Hammond B-3. And I own a bunch of actual Hammond B-3 emulation vsts.
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Very much worth it, I have SM1 & SM2, looking forward to SM3

BERFAB wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:57 pm Synthmaster is great. Excellent value.
The biz model is a bit different: the basic synth is priced very cheap. The packages you can buy are priced so that you're essentially paying for presets. Buy as many or as few as you need.

The sound is excellent and very tweakable. In my set up, Synthmaster is my go-to Hammond B-3. And I own a bunch of actual Hammond B-3 emulation vsts.
Best Value for any synth period in my opinion.

To answer OP. YES! It's worth it! It does almost anything, and anything It can't do is going to be added in Sm3 given KV311s post above :love:
exmatproton wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:54 pm For me, it is the buggiest synth at the moment (and i have a lot of synths). Even the nightly of Surge is more stable. It slows FLS down to the point it runs at 15 fps for some strange reason when the gui is open. Also, at that point, it won't register all midi inputs anymore. Same with SM1.

So no, it isn't worth it (for me). I never use SM (one)
Well the problem is your using FL Studio :party:
Kidding Kidding :hihi: I kid FL.
What are the specs on your system however? Just curious.
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

Return to “Instruments”