Free Kontakt and EXS24 Piano Libraries from the Pianobook community

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just to let fellow KVR-ers know that there are a number of free piano libraries available to download from www.pianobook.co.uk, which include some from Christian Henson of Spitfire Audio as well as those contributed by Pianobook community members, one of which is my C.Bechstein:
https://www.pianobook.co.uk/library/191 ... in-upright

I've seen a couple of Mr Henson's videos and the Pianobook is really a great project. It's a bit unfortunate that it uses proprietary formats with Kontakt and EXS24.

Would it not make much more sense to use a format like Soundfont / .sfz ?

Go ahead and create a SFZ map for it and distribute it. I'm pretty sure the files are waves.

the free TX16Wx sampler can load EXS24 files

PTV wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:25 am https://www.bjoernbojahr.de/exs2sfz.html
Thanks, I wasn't aware of it. Looks quite usable!

Wow, what a great website! Thanks for posting about it, I love eccentric piano samples - fun to cycle through them as I practice and get a different vibe from each one.

"Pianobook" is a fantastic website! :clap:
bigcat1969 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:41 am Go ahead and create a SFZ map for it and distribute it. I'm pretty sure the files are waves.
Yes please!
SFZ is "the universal sample-format".

For a faster mapping this tool seems to be the
best: https://www.bjoernbojahr.de/bjoerns-sample-mapper.html
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

Bump. This is a great site with nice pianos. Check out the new Spring Piano. Currently EXS24 only but the community have submitted Kontakt and SFZ versions.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 8:31 am Bump. This is a great site with nice pianos. Check out the new Spring Piano. Currently EXS24 only but the community have submitted Kontakt and SFZ versions.
Are these community-provided SFZ versions available somewhere publicly?

Izak Synthiemental wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 7:20 pm
v1o wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 8:31 am Bump. This is a great site with nice pianos. Check out the new Spring Piano. Currently EXS24 only but the community have submitted Kontakt and SFZ versions.
Are these community-provided SFZ versions available somewhere publicly?
At the moment you have to ask in the forum. The site admin still needs to update the main site with publicly available links.
Last edited by v1o on Sat May 18, 2019 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Looks interesting.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Yes; this project is really special, like something that could be found in a dream!! they just reached the milestone of 500 items! And of course the likelihood that it will continues for decades is fairly high, so, as of now we are still witnessing the earlier days!

And many of the instruments are now available in Decent Sampler format: Decent Sampler is free, just like Plogue's sforzando, so you don't necessarily need the full version of Kontakt to benefit from Pianobook... :-))

DecentSampler also has support for GUI’s, so it could actually become the “new Sforzando”, so to speak.

I spent a couple hours on the weekend downloading everything from Pianobook. Lots of quality stuff in there!

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”