Valhalla Delay released

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
44370 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:51 am

1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21...

is it that one?
an exponential curve with each point being the sum of the two previous?

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
44370 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Re: Valhalla Delay released

Post Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:52 am

see still self censoring, didn't say pissing on each other for nerds.

User avatar
wagtunes
KVRAF
15557 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Re: Valhalla Delay released

Post Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:52 am

vurt wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:51 am
1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21...

is it that one?
an exponential curve with each point being the sum of the two previous?
Fibonacci sequence.

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
44370 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Re: Valhalla Delay released

Post Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:53 am

wagtunes wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:52 am
vurt wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:51 am
1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21...

is it that one?
an exponential curve with each point being the sum of the two previous?
Fibonacci sequence.
:dog:


/puts down bong.

/picks it back up...

User avatar
wagtunes
KVRAF
15557 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Re: Valhalla Delay released

Post Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:55 am

vurt wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:53 am
wagtunes wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:52 am
vurt wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:51 am
1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21...

is it that one?
an exponential curve with each point being the sum of the two previous?
Fibonacci sequence.
:dog:


/puts down bong.

/picks it back up...
I think at this point putting down the bong won't help.

User avatar
e@rs
KVRAF
4067 posts since 15 Dec, 2011 from Bucharest, Romania

Re: Valhalla Delay released

Post Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:59 am

You're coming on strong
You're showing your color
Like a setting sun

:D

btw
KVRist
90 posts since 30 Jul, 2014

Re: Valhalla Delay released

Post Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:11 am

flocked wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:10 am
Can anyone explain what the golden ratio is?
The golden ratio is the “most irrational” number in the sense that it is the real number furthest from being represented by any real fraction. As applied to a timing ratio between two delay lines, you’ll minimize the temporal alignment of repeats, hence the reverb-like diffusion that develops at that setting. This video shows the same phenomenon in terms of spatial repetition.

Edit: this plugin sounds really, really good.

Eclectus
KVRist
156 posts since 1 Dec, 2013 from Belgium

Re: Valhalla Delay released

Post Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:17 am

wagtunes wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:52 am
vurt wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:51 am
1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21...
Fibonacci sequence.
The Fibonacci sequence is actually 0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, ...

[/Nerd Mode]

Breach The Sky
KVRist
46 posts since 8 Oct, 2018

Re: Valhalla Delay released

Post Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:26 am

Other than the obvious use as a delay and reverb this is an excellent sound design/coloration device. I have heard so much cool and weird stuff fooling around with it.

I might have found a bug tough; When I close the VST window and then open it again the preset resets to the beginning of the list (echoes dotted folder) when i click the next or previous preset arrows.

elxsound
KVRAF
4787 posts since 18 Aug, 2007 from NYC

Re: Valhalla Delay released

Post Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:30 am

tapiodmitriyevich wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:30 am
Trancit wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:43 am
It´s a great plugin for sound mangling and more creative stuff but hat I miss is at least one clean sounding algo... every algo on this delay is somehow muffeled and for me not suitable at all for stuff with high content...
I'm on the side of those who say "allow to remove the noise". Because options are good and people may prefer to add other incarnations of flavor. Sometimes you may get great results, but don't want the noise.
But people do have options... which include using another delay plugin.

elxsound
KVRAF
4787 posts since 18 Aug, 2007 from NYC

Re: Valhalla Delay released

Post Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:31 am

wagtunes wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:55 am
vurt wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:53 am
wagtunes wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:52 am
vurt wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:51 am
1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21...

is it that one?
an exponential curve with each point being the sum of the two previous?
Fibonacci sequence.
:dog:


/puts down bong.

/picks it back up...
I think at this point putting down the bong won't help.
Take the advice Vurt... Stop putting down the damn bong.

Trancit
KVRAF
2079 posts since 27 Jul, 2004

Re: Valhalla Delay released

Post Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:31 am

ziggysane wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:46 am
Niowiad wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:13 am
Trancit wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:43 am
I am a bit torn apart...
It´s a great plugin for sound mangling and more creative stuff but hat I miss is at least one clean sounding algo... every algo on this delay is somehow muffeled and for me not suitable at all for stuff with high content...

Second: Is there any way to link the settings for left and right channels if in dual or pingpong mode??
I'm still demoing but it sounded like "Digital" mode + "Future" era kept the spectrum relatively intact among repeats (+ Age set low to tame noise and artifacts)
As far as I've seen, Tape and HiFi lose bottom-end; BBD loses top-end; Digital keeps it quite intact.

And I totally agree about the linking of L/R, it really should provide a way but I'm afraid the controls are final :\
I tested it with some high-pitched percussion on future digital with age set to 0 and can also confirm that there is some high-end loss. For what it’s worth, it doesn’t bother me personally because if I wanted a pristine 1: 1 echo I can just use ReaDelay.
Nevertheless it´s a pity...
I find, if there are already multiple modes implemented to mimick something then should be one clean one part of the group too

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
44370 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Re: Valhalla Delay released

Post Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:34 am

elxsound wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:31 am
wagtunes wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:55 am
vurt wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:53 am
wagtunes wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:52 am
vurt wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:51 am
1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21...

is it that one?
an exponential curve with each point being the sum of the two previous?
Fibonacci sequence.
:dog:


/puts down bong.

/picks it back up...
I think at this point putting down the bong won't help.
Take the advice Vurt... Stop putting down the damn bong.

will do :)

User avatar
thecontrolcentre
KVRAF
23910 posts since 27 Jul, 2005 from the wilds of wanny

Re: Valhalla Delay released

Post Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:48 am

You need to put it down to refill it occasionally ...

User avatar
wagtunes
KVRAF
15557 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Re: Valhalla Delay released

Post Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:57 am

Eclectus wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:17 am
wagtunes wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:52 am
vurt wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:51 am
1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21...
Fibonacci sequence.
The Fibonacci sequence is actually 0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, ...

[/Nerd Mode]
Yeah, I know. I recognized it from where he started it.

Sheesh.

Return to “Effects”